AXA

AXA Employee Reviews in Birmingham

AXA aren't as awful as we make them out to be but they are not as good as they want you to think! They want quantity over quality which drastically reduces customer satisfaction, and you are forced to work to unachievable targets. They struggle to listen to their employees needs, and forget that we are only human and not just a number. The culture there varies between teams, some are like a family, others are hostile. I did enjoy working here overall, but wish they'd have made some changes so our lives weren't miserable when they made a mistake!
Pros
Kitchen facilities
Cons
Unrealistic targets, long hours, bad management
October 27, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. All feedback is reviewed and fed back so we can continuously improve.
Stressful call centre type environment where your treated like kids. Seniors who aint got a clue or help out. Favouritism, unrealistic goals & bad pay.
Pros
Social life
Cons
Pay, stress, call centre, seniors, rules, favouritism
Very humble people working in the company had a very nice time working for the company for 2 years time to move on to something new had a lovely time at AXA
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
October 27, 2020
Thank you so much for your positive review. It's great to hear that would recommend as a place to work.
Only chance of progression is by kissing up to management - and if your face fits. Doesn't matter if you put the work in, those who don't do much will always get ahead. Incredibly disorganized.
Pros
Cons
Pressurised, cliquey, poor salary
March 9, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I'm sorry to read that you did not have a good experience whilst you were employed with us. Our employee experience is so important to us and we endeavor to do all we can to get this right - including listening to our employees - this review will be fed back to see where we can do better.
Axa is the worst company to work for in the insurance marketplaces with racism it’s prime target for coloured people Axa insurance set targets out of reach and to get rid of employees make false allegations with other team leaders assisting to dismiss employers
Management- Higher Management sucks. Lots of Red tape no communication and if there is it's always full of holes. Lots of changes recently with alot of the "Big Dogs" leaving so maybe the culture will change. It needs to! Constant swapping of heads of, director of type roles. You loose track. Theres been a long history of favoritism with promotions and no real suitability of peoples ability to do the job. If your face fits you'll be ok. Team Leader level work like dogs with no thanks, it's what you get paid for! No real support for them just the occasional "Its tough, but it will get better" said for at least 3 years now. Believe it or not the one occasion you dont want to be the favourite is in this role. If you're flavour of the month you have to do tonnes more work! Keep your head down to avoid working additional unpaid hours due to being the "favourite". It has its perks sure, but its not worth the stress or the additional hours or work expected. The people/office- The people you work with are nice and friendly. It's a nice place to work, the people here keep you going. Lots of social events etc. Lot of things done for charity. Free tea/coffee machine..its ok of dont mind sludge. Dont expect paper towels to dry your hands we lost that privilege! Horrid hand drier it is now. Clear desk policy, so dont think that cute kiddy picture will be on your desk. It wont. You dont have a desk its first come first served. Dont get comfy on the floor your on either, its changes frequently. The lower floors are a bonus as the lifts break down ALOT! The Work- A very stressful environment, - more...
Pros
People
Cons
The work, The higher management.
I would not work here they make higher management redundant then replace them the next day if you want to be driven mad please come work here it's about as organised as a rat in a sewer you get constant emails with bombarding comments they let people leave and not replace them for months so you are not only doing your own work but everyone else's too the place is a shambles you will never earn ÂŁ26k as an experienced handler it's a complete lie
Pros
Going home
Cons
Getting paid at the end of the month
I would thank Axa insurance for teaching me a vast knowledge on car insurance and how insurance as a whole deal with situations from both perspective as a driver and a claims handler.
I havnt worked here for over 10 years so it is difficult to leave a review. So much has changed including the office location. Generally a good place, fun and happy people.
Pros
unsure
Cons
unsure
I worked in the Birmingham branch for a year and hated every minute of it. Until I worked here I had never known what stress was. I had previously had a working career of over 20 years. The work load here was impossible to complete. Very little help from seniors who were supposed to train us. One senior in particular was absolutely vile towards me for no reason what so ever. Since leaving this company I have been unable to work since. This company broke me. They also have a very high turnover of staff.
Pros
Cons
Too many to mention
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at AXA?
Interesting industry and the work load is always different and challenging. Salary could be higher for the work done and is higher in other Insurance companies but is a good place to work.
I have worked in axa birmingham for 2 months training does not match the job . Put on a team that is really clicky They dont want to help you. Seniors are suppose to train you they dont Make a mistake they jump on you Only good thing is a 1 hour break a day and going home at 5pm Customers are awful Seniors favour some and not others
Pros
Bad training poor managenent
Cons
Going home at 5pm
A lot of calls and work but not enough people. They struggle to keep staff happy and this results is a frequent turnover of staff. Activities outside of work are good but these are limited.
Pros
good people
Cons
struggle to progress, fail to look after staff
A culture of make do and mend pervades. Underlying problems are rarely addressed until they become a major issue at which point the quickest fix is applied. A Lions led by donkeys management stylestaff on the ground carry the can for management oversights..
Pros
Cons
Abit lam overall
I worked as a call handler, dealing with claims from start to finish. It also involved working with a variety of internal teams.
Fun place to work, peopleare welcoming and friendly, always busy with a differnt enviroment everyday with new challenges and tasks to take on.
Pros
Bonus and pay rise every year, shopping discounts and benefits with the company
Cons
No step up ladder in my department