AXA

AXA Employee Reviews in Bristol

A very professional well run company with good calibre staff and management. Fair pay, regular feedback by Managers on performance and fun social events. Smart premises in good location.
Pros
Well run very professional company
Cons
Quite a lot of different computer systems to learn
March 25, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your time working at AXA, it's great to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and found the pay, team, managers, feedback, offices and social events to be positive. We appreciate the computer systems do take a bit of learning and we seek to improve and make things easier all the time.
A good variety role, a culture that lets you make decisions, good Management that keep you connected with what is happening within the company. A good company for reward and recognition.
Pros
Charity Social events, flexible working
October 27, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It's great to hear all the things you enjoy about working with us.
My experience working for axa has been great, good benefits, good working atmosphere, pay is good, overall I would highly recommend working for axa.
March 9, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review - its super helpful for people who are thinking of applying for a role at AXA to know what experiences we have here as employees at AXA. Thanks again!
I worked at AXA as a contractor working on several IT contracts over a period of 8 years. I always enjoyed the roles, the processes are very clear, the management approachable and encourage discussion and new ideas. Flexible working is encouraged. The systems and equipment are kept up-to-date, and the IT team /helpdesk are very helpful (something that isn't the case in all organisations!) I would recommend working here.
Pros
Flexibility, inclusiveness
I worked here for four years and was able to do flexible hours that worked around my studies. I found this to be really helpful as I could work and study at the same time.
go at work ,sign in with your card Set at the desk ,get the potential required docs that you have been dealing with previous day from your personnal locker.... log phone all the differents systems needed in order to process invoices .....
Working conditions are as would be expected for a huge, multi-national company. Day-to-day processes run efficiently and the workplace culture is one of professionalism. I often felt like a number and not a person, and felt that the management chain was so extensive that ideas and process changes were easily lost in pointless meetings and paperwork. I enjoyed the working atmosphere very much and the environment was filled with positivity. I learned how to manage high workflow volumes and an ever-changing staff.
Pros
High workflow so always busy - enjoyable working atmosphere
Cons
Large company means lack of individuality
The management style is very disconnected The people towards the bottom work very hard for those above them to take credit and give none. Work load is too large for staff to handle.
A high demand, fast paced environment. Colleagues are lovely, but the leadership is a bit poor. The workplace culture is quite stressful. However, there is real camaraderie between coworkers.
Good company, good people and a real desire to innovate and lead the market. Shame that the Life and wealth elements all got sold in the UK as it was a good place to work.
Great company to work for. They progressed you through different departments so you learn a variety of roles. They support you through your studies and reward you.
Pleasant to work for, understanding whilst setting challenging and achievable targets. Staff were happy to assist and help at all times. Very enjoyable time.
Commercial negotiations dealing with contract separation and de investment as the business sells off t Phoenix and Standard Life
• Calculating and providing quotations for clients • Assessing new claims • Processing policy reviews • Answering both written and telephone enquiries from policyholders, relatives and financial advisers. • Inputting & updating client records on multiple computer systems • Completing and delivering reports to managers and other departments within deadlines • Providing in-house one to one training on the above processes
Responding to customer complaints after investigating their case and ensuring that each customer was treated fairly and not financially worse off.
Pros
Excellent facilities and financial benefits
Cons
Lots of reviews and tests
built QA reporting built KPI reporting built Task tracking database
My typical day would be that I would usually arrive by using the free bus Friendslife provide. This will get me in half an hour early to give me time to go to the canteen for breakfast. I come to my desk, log onto my telephone and computer. Say hi and catch up with my collegues. I then check what I will be doing today, ususally we will be notified by email if we have any specific jobs to do.I will have a catch up with my manager and report anything I need to, sometimes he will like to sit with us and listen in to our work which gives us time to give any feedback about any calls we have taken or any examples of working with our back office staff. The majority of my day is taken up with taking calls from customers and financial advisers. I will stop for lunch where i will use our gym. I would say the most enjoyable part of my day would be talking to interesting people on the phones, I do tend to make my calls quite light hearted and tend to enjoy it this way, we are here a large part of our lives so I like to keep things as simple and fun as possible. I'd say that the not so enjoyable parts would be if I have to deal with any complaints, initially its not that great but once they are resolved its usually a good learning curve and the customers are always happy once resolved.
Pros
Free Parking, free commuter bus and use of the gym.
A relatively demanding role, mainly telephone based, answering a high volume of calls and producing relevant requests from both internal and external customers. Remaining focused throughout and dealing with complaints and achieving your own personal and team targets/ goals set. Issuing relevant documentation within agreed turn around times. Delegating work to other team members. Looking of ways to improve in order to succeed. I learnt that you have to be well organised and structured. Keep a happy environment amongst your team members. Stay positive. Offer and assist help where and when required. Agree to realistic timescales. You can accomplish great satisfaction hitting personal and team targets and my main objective was to keep my customers happy. The management were quite tough and had high expectations but felt overall the team managers were all hardworking and very conscientious and reasonably fair. Good organisation of the department too.
Pros
Flexi time
Cons
Not always able to leave on time which proved difficult as a mother of 3 children.
I've learned a great deal during my 6 years with AXA. I've been exposed to amazing opportunities, earned some great work experience and overcome many challenges. I've been foirtuante to gain my ISEB and Green Belt Certifcations which will stand me in great stead for furture roles.
Pros
I've learned a great deal
Busy SDM role, managing contractual delivery of service to Friends Life and Capita, in addition to playing the lead ITSM lead for consultant on the separation and migration of of systems/services to Friends Life and their 3rd parties.
Pros
Standard employee perks, including annual bonus
Cons
Under cost constraints and voluntary redundancies