AXA

AXA Employee Reviews in Ipswich

Overall good place to work, hard work is recognised. Looking forward to developing my career at AXA and seeing where it takes me. Would definitely recommend to a friend.
July 20, 2020
Thank you for leaving a review and it's great to hear you'd recommend AXA as a place to work!
Taking phone calls, one after the other, all day from customers from a particular client (eg TSB) who wanted to go travelling abroad and ensure that they have the correct cover/insurance in place (especially if they wanted to do additional activities). I learnt they are very regimented, very robotic (as each claim had to be read from a script and you were marked down for missing out 1 word). You are expected to sell (but at the same time, not mis-sell), even though it should have been about providing cover. There are lots of extra costs involved to cover you for your certain sports/activities.Management I am not sure on; one team leader was an absolute snake - like an absolute angel to your face and throw you under the bus the next minute.Hardest part of the job - being something I'm not - regimented and repetitive.Most enjoyable part - some of the people I got to meet.
Pros
competition where you could win a chance of executive tickets to watch Ipswich Town FC.
Cons
Incredibly stressful, All stats orientated, Too regimented
February 18, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your time working with AXA.It is disappointing that you found the repetitive nature of the role to be to the detriment of your enjoyment of the role. Whilst it is encouraging that you enjoyed meeting some lovely people, it is not good that you had a negative experience with one of the managers. We take all feedback very seriously. Internal support continues to be available through our Learning and Development team to ensure Managers are suitably equipped to perform their roles effectively.
Employees are just a number senior management have little time or regard about how changes will affect the lower management and their teams. Poor pay apparently have to be grateful they provide a free staff car park however half the staff don't drive into work.
Pros
Cons
Poor pay, bad communication
February 18, 2021
Thank you for your review. We're really sorry to read that you felt you weren't recognised properly at AXA. We constantly strive to look at ways to ensure our employees are happy and engaged. Rest assured that all the feedback we receive will be shared with the right areas of our business, wherever possible, to help us continually improve.
Hurrendous pay, decent overtime when it's available. But you are just a number in a seat to management. Never listened to as an individual and management are mainly a fairly cliquey bunch. Either loved or hated, most of them share stories and brown nose too. Work place bitterness is rife
Pros
Secure job
Cons
The training is good and work load is reasonable, they care for their employees. The shifts are typical 8 hour shifts and the managers are flexible.
Pros
Very flexable and understanding managers
Cons
Low pay
it’s a very emotionally harrowing job. You’re set work for 2 weeks - phone or admin - and it’s solely what you do for 8 hours a day. Phones, is non stop phone calls from upset/angry customers wanting to create claims. admin is doing the assessment of the claims, calling customers for further information which usually angers them, and potentially pushing payment to be confirmed by another team. i struggle getting help from anyone - and they constantly remind you of your work loaf and how much you’re expected to be doing , and they rate you monthly on how many mistakes you make and even write it up as a percentage. you work shift patterns between 8am and 8pm, the phones are open this time too so you could be on the phones until 8pm at night. you get two bank holidays off a year, and have to work the rest. It’s an office job without the benefits of an Office Job
Pros
free car park, opportunity for overtime, free hot drinks.
Cons
very hard to receive help and advice, long hours doing the same task for 2 weeks on end, working weekends and bank holidays, office job without the benefits of an office job
It's a great place to work and they look after their staff really well. Flexible working hours and support for disabled people is brilliant. It's hard to progress in the company but it is achievable
I personally felt support in work and my life with the team at Axa. They consider the person and will work hard with you if you show the same initiative and work ethic. You get out what you put in. The teams made that job so very special to me and I made life long friends.
An relaxed and enjoyable workplace. Interesting work, but not very taxing friendly environment with good colleagues. Supportive management. Good team spirit.
Professional and passionate about its products, its workforce, and communities. Focus firmly on the future, does much to better the environment and minimise its footprint.
Good diversity within the role with opportunities to apply and move to other departments within Axa. Fantastic management who strive to get the best from their staff. If you work hard and prove yourself it opens many doors to different positions and development. The staff makes the job really enjoyable it didnt feel like a choir going to work, a company I miss working for.
December 24, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We really appreciate you doing so. It's important we get feedback from all sources so thank you for leaving one here for us to read and know what we are doing well and what we can improve on.
Progression and salary increase hard to come by. Very positive and supportive work environment, but limited chances to progress. Highly demanding job role with little reward.
Pros
Felixible working hours and many staff benefits.
Cons
Not many opportunities to progress or increase salary.
Answering calls from account holders, advising what level of insurance they have,and what they are covered for. Offering upgrades, amending or adding name and new address details as necessary. Explaining exactly what they are covered for if urgent assistance is needed whilst abroad. A little bit too much hard sell for me personally, was a call center type of set up.
Pros
Good team and management.
Cons
At the time the late hours didn't suit.
I think recurring problem for it was big company struggling with systems, which seems like the case everywhere. Otherwise ok place to work, so fairly average rating given.
A typical day is busy and productive. I learned to work really well on my own and also as part of a team. Excellent management and workplace. It is a good place to develop.
Axa is the best company I have worked for and I have worked for a fair few. You get out what you put in. If you work hard and have a good attitude to learn and develop you will be given every opportunity . Lots of tools for self development and online learning to do whenever it suits. Lots of job vacancies as staff often transferring to different roles within the company. Very supportive management who encourage good work life balance. When it’s super busy very stressful and can get a bit overwhelming but often have quieter periods where staff can relax more and get to know each other. Relaxed atmosphere. Team leaders acknowledge hard work and make staff feel appreciated. Very encouraging. Good to build self astern and feel valued. I love working here and love the people I work with. Don’t work here if you are lazy , critical of others or want an easy job. Need to be a team player positive and accepting of others differences. Work here if you are a friendly person who wants to work hard, have fun, learn new skills , develop your career and be the best version of you.
Pros
learn, develop, be encouraged, have fun, supportive management
Cons
Can be back to back calls in peak periods. Repetitive.
i didnt work there long but i felt welcome and it was a very great company to work for, with many benefits like company car and many other things to help with everyday life.
You get a very thorough training, team leaders and coaches are always there to help you if you have any questions or problems. The benefits are excellent: bonuses and discounts. I felt very well looked after here, and the work ethics are impeccable; colleagues, supervisors and managers were very friendly, easy-going, helpful.
Pros
Benefits, prospects, working environment.
Cons
Can get monotonous
worst place I have worked, never been so conscious of work, they are stupidly strict, no tal,kikng allowed, don't allow for nervousnss and are very based on looks and social popularity.
Pros
free hot drinks
Cons
worst work ethic, no help, no kindness
I would highly recommend working for this company. I have worked there for many years and would still be there is I wasn't being made redundant. Even though the company is large I always felt valued.
Pros
Free Car Park/Bonus Scheme/Sharesave/Discounts Externally/Great people
Cons
AXA are best company I have worked for, if you work hard and stay loyal it’s very easy to progress and gain valuable qualifications. They offer flexi time and various other options, to offer a better work life balance. AXA’s salaries generally do not compete, however they offer good job security and a friendly culture.
Pros
Progression
Cons
Salary