AXA

AXA Employee Reviews in Middlesbrough

The job is demanding, busy all the time. Its asking the same questions and saying the same things on every call, the only difference is the person you are speaking to. Very process driven and targets are something they talk about alot. Benefits and discounts are good. Great people to work alongside in the office.
Pros
great people to work with.
Cons
calls queues.
February 18, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience at AXA. Whilst it's encouraging to read that you enjoyed the benefits, discounts and people, it's sad that you've not given a positive rating overall.
Stressful from start to finish, daily targets are unrealistic when taking call after call with no let up. Which makes the job completely awful when managers are on at you constantly. Customer's complaining because the service they have received throughout AXA is genuinely poor. You only have to look on FOS website to see the number of complaints against them. You're over worked and under paid. The work life balance is poor, working 2 weekends in 4 and working until 8pm on the late shift. Management don't really care about you as an individual. They talk a good talk and want you to believe they're a good company, making outsiders believe they care about their staff but they will grind you down until you have nothing left. You are just another number to them who can easily be replaced. If you want any hope of progressing in there you have to really suck up certain staff members. The Teesside offices are very clicky, so if your face doesn't fit expect a lot of back stabbing.
Cons
Work life balance is poor
It's hard to describe how much I hated working here!The job starts with 6 weeks of overly complicated training with multiple tests that you need to pass or you'll fail training and be shown the door (I later learnt that you wouldn't but they need to instill the fear early). If that wasn't enough, they make you take your books home to revise in your own time or you'll be seen as not taking it seriously enough.Once out of training and on the phones, you're faced with call queues of sometimes over 100 callers waiting. Everything is scripted, so you feel like a robot reading the same thing again and again and again. You don't get any time in between calls, it's just horrendous.They also audit EVERYTHING you do. You can't breathe without it being audited or quality checked.I've been working for almost 20 years and I've NEVER suffered from panic attacks or sleepless nights until I worked here! It turned me into a nervous wreck. I'm so glad I got out!
Cons
Long shifts, slave labour, no progression, low wages
I would advise to avoid axa, nobody has your back and they dont care about staff. They blame staff for issues that are company responsible eg with the pandemic we all had to work from home they gave equipment(credit to them) but as soon as you got it they washed there hands of you knowing full well the systems were extremely poor to say the least, massive queues everyday no help. mmanage
Pros
People you meet
Cons
Management, queues, nobody has your back
October 27, 2020
Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I can see that you're not feeling supported and this is something that we make great efforts not to see. If you cannot talk to your line manager there are lots of support mechanisms in place please do use those as they are there to ensure all employees are supported on a day to day basis
No rest between calls. It's call after call from the moment you log in, until the moment you leave. Every call is exactly the same. It's mind numbing saying the same thing and reading the same scripts over and over, day after day. Ultimately, people just want to cancel their insurance, so they're not even interested in talking to you. On the plus side, colleagues are friendly (if you get to speak to them because everyone's always on a call). They offer good employee benefits and management are supportive but it doesn't cancel out the sheer monotony of the job.
July 20, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about working at AXA.
There is always plenty of support and help when required and they have an excellent training team. The work is fast paced and ever changing and the standards they expect are high with the emphasis on customer focus and the prompt and efficient handling of complaints. The dress code is smart casual and they do offer some goods rewards such as free life insurance and the option to buy more holidays.
July 20, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. It's really helpful for candidates thinking about applying for a role at AXA to read what our current employees are saying.
A typical day is spent dealing with customer queries on a wide range of products and making sure you give exceptional customer service at all times, always trying to go the extra mile for them.
March 9, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us - its really helpful for future staff to read these reviews and know what its like to work for AXA.
Constantly busy, managers swanning off and chatting about what they’re having for tea tonight and what they’re doing on the weekend, if you work less than 15 mins over your shift you don’t get that time back at all. They make out they love staff feedback but actually your managers just tell you tough that’s how it is, constantly busy after 4pm every day but management have no organisation of staff so everyone is miserable .
Pros
Cons
Management couldn’t find their arses with both hands
I've never worked in a job before where I cannot think after I've finished. If you want to work in an office that appears to make staff ill and with a serious lack of light whilst being uncomfortably hot then this is the place for you.
Pros
Mentally draining.
Cons
Home time.
AXA is a great place to work with many company benefits and routes to progress in. The main role is answering the phone and dealing with customers queries in your relevant department however this is not a hard job and is quite rewarding.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Long Hours, Schedules breaks
Day to day answering calls to new and existing customers. Rota is 7 hours on the phones with occasional off the phone work to attend meetings like coaching, CPD etc... Salary is good for 35 hours a week work. Front line staff are 99% of the time really nice and help you. Too many changed high up in the company. In my time the CEO was changed about 6 times in 5-7 years. Department managers don’t discipline staff the same. Very if your face fits mentality.
Pros
Good wage and nice office. Free drinks and quite an easy job.
Cons
Working till 9pm and every other Saturday. Management don’t follow the book.
I have worked at AXA over 7 years now and it is a great place to work if you have the desire to push yourself. You get a lot of benefits, including a yearly bonus based on performance and some great external discounts.
The job role offers variation as you are always dealing with a new customer and almost every call. There are a lot of opportunoties to progress throughout different areas of the business.
Pros
Free coffee machine
Cons
Repetitive
A well developed company. Offering great salary for the role that you do. If you are willing to put work in there are plenty of development opportunities and additional responsibility. Short full time hours (35 p/w) and no later than a 9pm finish. Friendly people, professional yet approachable management and additional benefits such as discounts in well know stores.
Pros
Benefits, salary, working hours
AXA car insurance gave me an opportunity to learn things about insurance, things I am never informed of as an ordinary person. My job offered a lot of challenges, like providing excellent customer service, and reassuring the customer comes first. AXA gives very high regards to the staff.
Pros
Growth can be endless
Cons
Salary not great
So, if anyone was thinking about a career at AXA, or interested what happens behind the scenes, I'll let you know a couple of rules they go by: 1. You can verbally abuse other members of staff and tell them to kill themselves. 2. You can spread rumours about members of staff. 3. You can also damage their personal belongings on their desk. 4. You can't can't be off with anxiety and depression which was made worse through all of that. All because they are too scared to discipline someone of actual wrongdoing.
Cons
A typical day at work would be routine and very organised. I learned a lot about different customer needs and specifications. The management were extremely helpful and friendly and my co-workers were lovely as well. I got along with all of the members on my team and also people from other departments as well. The hardest part of the job was not having face to face customer interaction and the best part of the job was being able to help customers as much as I could within a short period of time.
You may have a bad day of calls but then all it takes is 1 call to pick you back up again. My team are absolutely amazing and have helped me since I joined.