AXA

AXA Employee Reviews in Royal Tunbridge Wells

It is a good company to work for if you want to progress. It also pays well and there are really good benefits. It is a very full on job so you are constantly taking calls.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Full on
March 10, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. It really helps people who are thinking about working with us know what its really like to work there. Thank you for the work you do in Customer Service. It is full on and you all do a great job!
Worked here for 10years and it was a great place to work with great people and the versatility of the job was good too as there are many departments to work in with different skill sets that are needed. There was also the potential to work your way up. I was sad to leave and only left due to moving away.
Pros
Flexible shifts and paid appointments
Cons
Can't think of any
February 8, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience working for AXA. We appreciate your review and your service.
A relaxed culture that respects absolutely everyone. Managers that understand the process of training new recruits, know to ensure you are fully credited for the work you have done, and pleasant out-of-office events occasionally. A wonderful place to work.
July 20, 2020
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a lovely review. It's great to read you enjoyed your time with us so much.
Experienced extreme bullying by personal manager whilst at at Tridge Wells. Nursing team friendly but paranoid. Not nursing basically selling; have to deal with max “customers” in mins to make qotas.
Pros
Rapid learning environment
Cons
Too many too list. Avoid this job like the plague.
March 9, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave the review - obviously it does not make happy reading and your comments will be fed back.
typical day is 7 1/2 hrs long with a 30 min lunch break, the managerial staff is accomodating when it comes to decision making. The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult customers, however the senior staff is professional and will provide all the assistance you will require
February 8, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. At AXA we strive to give all our employees a healthy work life balance, and have a commitment to providing smart working and flexible options where possible to enable this. Do reach out to us if you need anything in terms of support or training.
Not the best environment unless you like a playground. It is either incredibly intense due to the workload - constant queues or work you missed to pick up previously hasn't been completed. If this piles up, you will need to find a way to get time to do this or you will have angry customers and colleagues after you. Organisational skills are key. You are marked on calls out of 100, this is a pro and con. You can work on what you are doing wrong or may need further development training in or if you look at it another way, you are penalized for very small things. Not a career role. Good for experience building only.
Pros
Customer focused
Cons
Long days
Axa is a fantastic company to work for. They are very fair. Annual bonus. Access to private healthcare. Excellent training within the Academy. Very pro progression. I have worked there for 20 months.
January 13, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of working for AXA as a Personal Advisor in Claims
AXA gives a lot of support for personal development, nice business environment to work for, great company ethos
Supportive, with great benefits. People are friendly and the office has a nice vibe. Yearly bonus which is amazing I think. I love working for AXA and recommend it to anyone
If you're looking for work that offers no career progression, personal progression, support, work/life balance, benefits, bonuses or job security, then AXA is certainly the right place for you. Upper management have zero idea how claims actually work, nor what they need to function, they seem to be promoted to their positions for their competency at fudging numbers to shareholders.
Pros
Cons
long hours, no career progression or development, you're a punching bag on the other end of a phone
Excellent place to work. Surrounded by well trained, professional staff all working to similar values.
AXA PPP encourages employees to train learn new skills and excel within the industry.
Pros
Free health insurance
Cons
Although AXA PPP healthcare is part of a global company, the work ethics are second to none. The staff are taught that the care of the customer is very firmly the most important thing and it's not unusual that a member of staff will go above and beyond what is generally considered good service. The company ensures that the staff are also cared for properly with many support programmes available, both physical and mental wellbeing. AXA PPP healthcare is in the forefront of developing a better and better holistic approach to a person's wellbeing.
Pros
A forward thinking, all encompassing insurance company.
My work experience week at AXA PPP Healthcare in Tunbridge Wells was fun and educational. It allowed me to understand a large corporate business and how it runs.
Easy place to work shifts where annoying as it was between 8 and 8 but you always knew your rota so could work around that. Office no longer there as moved to Birmingham.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Worked until 8 and got out late most of the time
Work 9 til 3 can be stressful but lots if support when needed the enjoyable part of my job was keeping customers happy and team work and fabulous training I would recommend them job to anyone
Pros
Very enjoyable and supportive
Cons
Long drive to work
Teams I was in worked really well together - but there was the normal office problems - more and more cutback of staff and more outsourcing to India which meant those left had more and more work to do. Because people had a great work ethic they just got more and more stressed as they couldn't see light at the end of the tunnel. Recent change has meant so many fantastic people managers who genuinely cared for their teams have been got rid of to be replaced by change managers who care more about the processes than the people.
Pros
Fantastic benefits - pension, healthcare, bonus etc
Cons
have stopped caring about the staff.
Excellent management, brilliant benefits, flexible working with good work/life balance. Always happy for external qualifications and good internal training programmes. Lovely culture. Downside is hierarchical and decision making can be slow.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Pay and promotion opportunities
I did work experience here for a week and enjoyed it. I was with a few other students from the local area. I made friends which improved my communication skills.
AXA PPP healthcare was a great place to work. Their focus of customer needs are at the forefront of everything they do. My most recent position within Product Development was to create and develop new product ideas as a result of either specific briefs, or identification of new market opportunities. This involved market research to find out what the competitors were offering and submit the feasibility of these new product ideas. A typical day would be working on these project ideas, work with other departments and if agreed, Project Manage through to implementation. The workplace culture was very much based around work/life balance and apart from enjoying the roles I had there, the people made it a great place to work
Cons
The company is fantastic and invests in every employee. The management are very friendly and supportive. This is by far the best company I have worked for. The pay and the benefits are very good although the actual job is quite stressful and the company absence policy is terrible and often unfair.
Pros
Great people and management, good pay and training
Cons
Stressful job and targets
  1. Royal Tunbridge Wells