AXA

AXA Employee Reviews in Houston, TX

It's not you working for a company, but more of you being a business owner. You have to put in the hours to build your business. This may take some time but will be well worth it if you plan on sticking it out. Good Luck.
Compensation is below average, “paid training” is only $350 and you’ll have to pay for your own licenses and only get reimbursed if they decide to contract you. Training time varies as it’s at your pace (mostly) but realistically 2-3 months... not great. Management isn’t good and training is minimal after licensing and being out in the field for a month.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
Management, compensation and support
Don't fall for it this career path / job opportunity! This company is a scam that will milk you for your connections (friends, family, long lost high school classmates, you name it!) to make money. The business model at AXA is based on you building your own base of clients to sell financial-related products and services to. The recruiters will do their best to manipulate you into taking the job.
Cons
Manipulative, Scheme, Cult-like
For this job you first go through months of testing to get certified. To be successful you need to have friends and family that are willing to work with you to build you business. Be prepared to call all of them to start.
It seemed great in the beginning, but I never felt comfortable with the product. . The fees and surrender charges were high, and I didn't make much money.
The pay here is commissioned based as if you are not getting clients then you will not make any money. It is pretty difficult to get clients as well because you have to go until different schools and convince teachers to give you their business
I've learned to manage my time well, thrive in the midst of adversity and bloom where I'm planted.Typical day at work: arrive, work and leave.The hardest part of my job: dealing with coworkers/management that lack vision, are not held accountable for their actions/mistakes while others are being blamed, having to figure out what is expected of me versus effectively communicating with one another and knowing.The most enjoyable part of my job: meeting new people, knowing that I've kept my focus, that my tasks are accomplished and that the customer/employee is satified.
Pros
40 hour wrk week, paid holidays, weekends off
Cons
low company morale, lack of raises, no room for advancement