AXA

AXA Employee Reviews in New York, NY

I felt comfortable with minimum pressure. I was trained at a nice pace. It was a temporary job emphasis on productivity and accuracy.A nice working environment.
Pros
Free lunches, breaks, patience
Cons
I was just a temporary worker.
Great place to start a career and learn about personal finance and investing. If you love working with clients, AXA is a great place to hone your skills and improve.
I do not feel comfortable writing this review as I am not the right person to be doing this. My direct report is not a good example of the rest of the management team at this branch.
I had a part-time, unpaid internship with AXA. Our group of interns was the first our supervisors had so it wasn't very structured and left us with a lot of office work responsibilities. It was a commute for me so it would have been nice to of had the transportation covered, but like I said we were their first interns. I really enjoyed working with our supervisors and learning from them. Everyone I interacted with in the office outside of our group was very kind, so overall inclusive environment.
If you are a software developer or solutions architect this could be your place If you want a permanent job and are anything but, sorry then maybe it’s not for you but remote work is allowed and not questioned!! Loved that No continuance after a year of service as I was a temp but they chose IT people over tech writers and then said they had no money. Productive and great.
A good place to work The management was very supportive of helping you succeed A positive work environment that was extremely results driven Educational support was excellent
I always had good team to work with. I got an excellent environment to work as well as learn. Always got nice managers like mentors. Benefits are better than average. Salary increase is average but your performance always gets appreciated and can get you good salary increase and bonus.
Many changes, not all good. In the process of re-branding. Jobs being relocated to lower cost areas. Technology is not good. Upper management seems to care about optics more than substance.
friendly work environment with good managers and a culture of good work ethics. There is helpful training and lots of experienced people to draw information from.
If you are a software developer or solutions architect this could be your place If you want a permanent job and are anything but, sorry then maybe it’s not for you but remote work is allowed and not questioned!! Loved that No continuance after a year of service as I was a temp but they chose IT people over tech writers and then said they had no money boo
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at AXA?
Good overall experience; I spent 18 years there and met wonderful co-workers and made friends. The work experience I gained has been invaluable. Unfortunately the firm made a business decision to move to another state so I needed to leave,
I have received a lot of guidance throughout my time at Axa. The people at the firm care about your success and it shows with the level of attention that I have received throughout my time.
Work friendly environment. One of the greatest benefits of working there was the share plan. Also the fact that they had backup child care in their main location.
Friendlly staff, great work/life balance. Great Benefits and Bonuses! AXA cares about their employees and provides a lot of promotion opportunites! I loved working here.
Company going through a transformation as it reinvents itself as a publicly traded stand alone insurance company, following the IPO and separation from AXA Group.
I had a great experience working at AXA. I was able to travel and have great experience meeting people of different cultures. I worked at Equitable Life when AXA purchased the company and did a great job of getting Equitable back on track. Would highly recommend working at AXA or any of its subsidiaries.
Cons
Do the right favors to the right people and you stay. Not much room to move though in certain areas. Just remember, just bc you work w someone, they are not your friend, you'll find out along the way. Back stabbing and talking behind others and other things ruled this world.
Pros
read, read, read
Cons
read some more
Issue binders, new business and renewal policies, endorsements and cancellations. Reviewed and resolved premium discrepancies. Upper Management directioin was poor and Human Resource personnel was sufficient.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Poor Management
It is a good company to work for overall. However, they tend to underpay and branch operations lacks professionalism at times. Management isn't as great as well.
Reasonable amount of work for role. No weekend hours. Nice work life balance. Remote working available which was great for flexibility. Chose to leave as there was no upward mobility.
Previous CEO was only focus on cost savings and reducing New York City footprint. New CEO should focus on growth and quality products. During my tenure I was given the opportunity to work on new market segments and products. Previous CEO changed the culture which decrease employee morale and increase in turnover.