AXA

AXA Employee Reviews for Claims Processor

People are nice and managers/supervisors are quite friendly and always ready to help. The role can be overwhelming at times, especially during winter. You could get 40-50 calls a day during the busiest days.
July 20, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. It's really helpful for candidates thinking about applying for a role at AXA to read what our current employees are saying.
Employees are just a number senior management have little time or regard about how changes will affect the lower management and their teams. Poor pay apparently have to be grateful they provide a free staff car park however half the staff don't drive into work.
Pros
Cons
Poor pay, bad communication
February 18, 2021
Thank you for your review. We're really sorry to read that you felt you weren't recognised properly at AXA. We constantly strive to look at ways to ensure our employees are happy and engaged. Rest assured that all the feedback we receive will be shared with the right areas of our business, wherever possible, to help us continually improve.
Hurrendous pay, decent overtime when it's available. But you are just a number in a seat to management. Never listened to as an individual and management are mainly a fairly cliquey bunch. Either loved or hated, most of them share stories and brown nose too. Work place bitterness is rife
Pros
Secure job
Cons
The training is good and work load is reasonable, they care for their employees. The shifts are typical 8 hour shifts and the managers are flexible.
Pros
Very flexable and understanding managers
Cons
Low pay
it’s a very emotionally harrowing job. You’re set work for 2 weeks - phone or admin - and it’s solely what you do for 8 hours a day. Phones, is non stop phone calls from upset/angry customers wanting to create claims. admin is doing the assessment of the claims, calling customers for further information which usually angers them, and potentially pushing payment to be confirmed by another team. i struggle getting help from anyone - and they constantly remind you of your work loaf and how much you’re expected to be doing , and they rate you monthly on how many mistakes you make and even write it up as a percentage. you work shift patterns between 8am and 8pm, the phones are open this time too so you could be on the phones until 8pm at night. you get two bank holidays off a year, and have to work the rest. It’s an office job without the benefits of an Office Job
Pros
free car park, opportunity for overtime, free hot drinks.
Cons
very hard to receive help and advice, long hours doing the same task for 2 weeks on end, working weekends and bank holidays, office job without the benefits of an office job
Stressful call centre type environment where your treated like kids. Seniors who aint got a clue or help out. Favouritism, unrealistic goals & bad pay.
Pros
Social life
Cons
Pay, stress, call centre, seniors, rules, favouritism
Very humble people working in the company had a very nice time working for the company for 2 years time to move on to something new had a lovely time at AXA
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
October 27, 2020
Thank you so much for your positive review. It's great to hear that would recommend as a place to work.
It was a great and fun experience working in AXA,. A well reputed and respected company. I learned a lot working with different Nationalities and dealing with multi national customers. overall it was an awesome years i spent with them.
Poor company to work for, worst ever for me. Half of the people I started with including myself left within a month. Staff turnover is high. For a big company they have no customer service. Customers would be left with no heating and hot water and lied to with regards to why engineers had not attended. All they wanted was the phones to be answered. You expect that kind of service from a small company not AXA
March 9, 2020
I'm sorry to hear you didn't have a great experience with us. We pride ourselves on our employees experience and do all we can to ensure our employees have a fulfilling and happy time with us whilst ensuring we are giving our customers a great experience. Your comments have been noted and will be fed back to the appropriate team.
A good company to work for due to the number of opportunities within the company but the claims handler role is very stressful and they do not have the correct number of staff
March 9, 2020
Thank you for your review. All comments are read and fed back so we can get better where we might fall short. Remember to sign up for alerts on the internal job board to hear about all opportunities.
Only chance of progression is by kissing up to management - and if your face fits. Doesn't matter if you put the work in, those who don't do much will always get ahead. Incredibly disorganized.
Pros
Cons
Pressurised, cliquey, poor salary
March 9, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I'm sorry to read that you did not have a good experience whilst you were employed with us. Our employee experience is so important to us and we endeavor to do all we can to get this right - including listening to our employees - this review will be fed back to see where we can do better.
The only negatives I have of Axa is within my role the job didn't end till 8pm. Also where their office is based it was a horrible commute, but that's the trains issue.
March 9, 2020
Thanks for your review. It's tricky when we have to rely on public transport isn't it but something we still need to consider when we're looking at shifts etc. I will make sure you're comments are fed-back.
Great place to work would highly recommend to anyone who is thinking of applying friendly staff with can do attitude...great reward packages with pension, discounts and also a mothly reward bonus for work ethic.
March 9, 2020
Thank you so much for your lovely review. Its great to hear you're enjoying working here and getting lots from your employment with us. Thanks for sharing with people who are looking to work with us here at AXA,
Axa is the worst company to work for in the insurance marketplaces with racism it’s prime target for coloured people Axa insurance set targets out of reach and to get rid of employees make false allegations with other team leaders assisting to dismiss employers
Been here around 18 months and can honestly say it’s the best move I made working for axa. I’ll definitely be leaving on a good note and hope to be back in the future. Working here has helped me progress hugely for my next challenge and I can’t thank the staff and management enough.
Do not apply as there are No family values with this company. No work life balance or flexibility. I had to resign after years of loyal service after asking for flexible hours to look after my Mother who had sadly been diagnosed with dementia. The answer was 'NO DUE TO BUSINESS NÈEDS' Feeling very let down by a so called reputable company.
Pros
Cons
No protection from Bullying and Victimisation
AXA is a great company to work for if you're starting fresh in medical insurance world. Management was easy to work with and the workplace was fun. Will definitely recommend this place to anyone who wants to increase their skills in medical insurance.
Pros
Nice location, great management, and great work/home balance.
Cons
Short lunch breaks.
Axa in Redhill is a lovely office space however that’s where the niceness ends.... there is very much a bullying and clique place to work where there are a lot of personal relationships amongst staff, this is not a problem in most places however when you have trainers openly skyping their boyfriend on the next floor who are supposed to be mentoring new employees and openly making fun of them and generally being derogative then it becomes unacceptable - this happens on a daily basis and at lunch the little groups become even more apparent - not a nice place to work.....
Pros
Office environment is nice and free drinks
Cons
unprofessionalism in most departments.
axa is a great conpany to work for, it is always a productive day on a day to day basis. its a different day every day and you do not know what to expect
I would thank Axa insurance for teaching me a vast knowledge on car insurance and how insurance as a whole deal with situations from both perspective as a driver and a claims handler.
AXA is a lovely place to work. Procedure is always followed, management are helpful. there is always things going on and things to get involved with. AXA treats employees very well.
  1. Claims Processor