AXA

AXA Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

above average salary despite I have no experience. Number of calls are intense, with average >60 calls a day for every customer service assistant.
Pros
salary
Cons
Long hours, intense phone call rates
If you are OK with the "team leaders" treating you like a school kid; them monitoring how long you are in the toilet for, long and unsociable hours, OK with confusing and conflicting work standards and dehumanising KPIs...then go for it. The management is pompous and doesn't care about offering any meaningful help with calls. If you have any system issues and can't login, then prepare for the management to believe you were somehow to blame.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Where to begin?
February 18, 2021
As we take the well-being of our employees extremely seriously, your review is very concerning. Please do reach out to our dedicated People Services team for assistance.
February 18, 2021
Taking phone calls, one after the other, all day from customers from a particular client (eg TSB) who wanted to go travelling abroad and ensure that they have the correct cover/insurance in place (especially if they wanted to do additional activities). I learnt they are very regimented, very robotic (as each claim had to be read from a script and you were marked down for missing out 1 word). You are expected to sell (but at the same time, not mis-sell), even though it should have been about providing cover. There are lots of extra costs involved to cover you for your certain sports/activities.Management I am not sure on; one team leader was an absolute snake - like an absolute angel to your face and throw you under the bus the next minute.Hardest part of the job - being something I'm not - regimented and repetitive.Most enjoyable part - some of the people I got to meet.
Pros
competition where you could win a chance of executive tickets to watch Ipswich Town FC.
Cons
Incredibly stressful, All stats orientated, Too regimented
February 18, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your time working with AXA.It is disappointing that you found the repetitive nature of the role to be to the detriment of your enjoyment of the role. Whilst it is encouraging that you enjoyed meeting some lovely people, it is not good that you had a negative experience with one of the managers. We take all feedback very seriously. Internal support continues to be available through our Learning and Development team to ensure Managers are suitably equipped to perform their roles effectively.
Worked here for 10years and it was a great place to work with great people and the versatility of the job was good too as there are many departments to work in with different skill sets that are needed. There was also the potential to work your way up. I was sad to leave and only left due to moving away.
Pros
Flexible shifts and paid appointments
Cons
Can't think of any
February 8, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience working for AXA. We appreciate your review and your service.
Stressful from start to finish, daily targets are unrealistic when taking call after call with no let up. Which makes the job completely awful when managers are on at you constantly. Customer's complaining because the service they have received throughout AXA is genuinely poor. You only have to look on FOS website to see the number of complaints against them. You're over worked and under paid. The work life balance is poor, working 2 weekends in 4 and working until 8pm on the late shift. Management don't really care about you as an individual. They talk a good talk and want you to believe they're a good company, making outsiders believe they care about their staff but they will grind you down until you have nothing left. You are just another number to them who can easily be replaced. If you want any hope of progressing in there you have to really suck up certain staff members. The Teesside offices are very clicky, so if your face doesn't fit expect a lot of back stabbing.
Cons
Work life balance is poor
AXA continuously add more and more targets to reduce your chance of receiving a full bonus (which is capped at £180).For an 8 hour shift, you only get one half hour break. If you work overtime, you also only get a half an hour break even if you work a 12 hour shift.You have a target of 14% for after-call work and for managing your own breaks. The role is so busy that it is very difficult to meet the target of 14% so it is nearly impossible to take any additional breaks, even to make a cup of tea.Staff are not rewarded fairly for the hard work that they put in.
Pros
Cheap car insurance, free lunch (occasionally)
Cons
Not enough breaks, unrealistic targets
It is a relaxed environment to work in. My personal shift pattern is suitable. Pay really low for the complexity of the job, skills needed and responsibility that it carries.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Bad pay
October 27, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Our salaries are reviewed frequently and our complete rewards, benefits and wellbeing package is something we take huge pride in and is a source of much satisfaction across the majority of our colleagues.
Axa was a great place to work Employees are well look after, with fun activities & good incentives. Some examples are breakfast being provided, ice pops on hot days & food vans and ice cream vans being arranged if the week/month has been particularly busy opportunity for knowledge advancement, by undertaking insurance exams, which are paid for by the company & help towards salary increase.
Pros
Well looked after, family style working environment, career progression
Cons
Very busy
AXA is a great place to work. The managers and colleagues were always very helpful and informative during my first few weeks. I would highly recommend working at AXA.
Great company great place to be working in manager friendly place to be working everyone helps each other. Flexibility work from home option great benefits
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at AXA?
The worst place to work. They are racist. Manager don’t know how communicate. Lots of Favoritisms. They speak down to you. You can’t express your feelings. They firer your if you go to Human Service. It’s an uncomfortable, stressful place to work.
Axa are very good company to work for. Management are lovely, obviously every job can be stressful but who’s isnt! I have my found my time in axa very enjoyable
HEre's my opinion about AXA Equitable: A typical day was always filled with sunshine and wisdom raining down from on high. We looked for this raining wisdom, we, the lot.
AXA Mansard is a very nice place to work, IF and only IF you aren't a contract staff (Transaction Officers). Most of their contract staffs are employed through a third party firm who gets a large percentage of the salaries of the contract staff throughout their stay in the company. On the flip side, job security is very high and and you'll meet brilliant minds there.
I worked for Axa assistance for 2 And a half years And I loved every second of working there. It was a very fast paced office environment with very supportive management and colleagues around you to push you to constantly strive to be better.
March 9, 2020
Thank you for leaving such a lovely review. Its great to hear you had a good experience whilst you were employed with us.
Great place to work and great people to work with. Only downside would be abusive customers on the phones which can be hard to deal with but that is part of the job. Other than that a great company to work for also offers free breakdown and And an insurance discount when you pass probation.
A typical day is spent dealing with customer queries on a wide range of products and making sure you give exceptional customer service at all times, always trying to go the extra mile for them.
March 9, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us - its really helpful for future staff to read these reviews and know what its like to work for AXA.
I was always unhappy working there. They racist, they speak down to you. It’s all favoritisms. The rules only apply to some people. If you not in there click you don’t move up it’s who you know.
I have expanded my knowledge since i have started working for this company. Management has been very helpful with day to day cases. The hardest part of the job is helping clients with a case that I am not fa,iliar with.
I needed the job to pay my way through uni. The job isn’t hard and most people were nice. Can get very fast paced, the managers were a bit disorganised
They hire good people so you are always around smart driven colleagues. It is very hard to advance within the company as positions rarely come up. The pay is minimum wage which is not equitable with the amount of work and skill required.
  1. Customer Service Representative