AXA

AXA Employee Reviews for Financial Consultant

Good place to get started in the financial industry. AXA leans to focus on Life Insurance and Annuities, not so much Wealth Management. Company is rebranding and changing which can be exciting. Opportunity to have flexible hours and salary
Pros
Good location, staff is friendly, good starting place if you are new to the financial industry
Cons
Managers are constantly changing. Brokerage platform is poor, not a good company for Wealth Management.
Here is your desk, your phone and a phone book. Now get out there and sell. And by the way, here is your bill for the laptop that you must use. Stay away from this place.
Pros
Quality product line though somewhat narrow
Cons
Awful leadership with a complete lack of mentoring skill
Can get political, very political. Fast paced, high energy needed for this industry. I really enjoyed the freedom and being able to manage my own time.
I do not feel comfortable writing this review as I am not the right person to be doing this. My direct report is not a good example of the rest of the management team at this branch.
There's plenty of tasks that we can complete to find clients. Everyone is very friendly and they help each other so it's easy to work. Good work environment. The manager is also really nice.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Need to hit targets
If you are a software developer or solutions architect this could be your place If you want a permanent job and are anything but, sorry then maybe it’s not for you but remote work is allowed and not questioned!! Loved that No continuance after a year of service as I was a temp but they chose IT people over tech writers and then said they had no money. Productive and great.
Good experience but get tuff environment to survive. Company provides very little capital to run a business. Lots of work requires just to make enough revenues to cover fees.
friendly work environment with good managers and a culture of good work ethics. There is helpful training and lots of experienced people to draw information from.
AXA is a a great company to work for, and if you are a self-starter with a mind for entrepreneurship, this would be an excellent place to work. Very little oversight from management, so you MUST be able to manage your own time effectively! Nobody is going to ask you to come in to work, so you need to be highly self-motivated.
I have received a lot of guidance throughout my time at Axa. The people at the firm care about your success and it shows with the level of attention that I have received throughout my time.
You will definitely enjoy the company training and fund talks. the flexible working hour is also a good point to consider if you do not like fixed hour job.
Did not enjoy working for the company. They pulled the bait and switch. Was offered a mentorship and was not mentored at all. Lost out on commissions because of lack of care within the organization
reat teamwork. Great leadership. Flexible schedule. Opportunity to grow. Almost 25 years experience in finance, and AXA is the best financial firm I've worked
Pros
earn alot of money
Cons
its 100% comm so yea
Needs to at least attempt to teach new hires how to become financial advisers in an ethical manner. Overly focused on teaching recruits how to rote memorize basic information and not on teaching them how to improve skills at actual planning. Overly focused on sales and not on developing hires. Massive turnover is astounding.
Learned how to structure my presentation. Great relationships and managed a great book of business. I have nothing negative to say about this company.
Pros
structure, management and company
Cons
the negative market at the time i was there
Overall, the training was pretty good up until I got contracted. It takes 5,000 PCs (paid commissions) to get contracted by AXA. After getting contracted, my support and training drew back drastically. Don't get enticed by the title "Financial Advisor" or "Financial Consultant." What it really means at AXA is "Insurance Agent." If you have no interest in insurance, stay away from this company. They say that they do both wealth management and risk management, making it sound as if the two are balanced here. You will soon see that they just want you to focus on the insurance aspect of the business and their annuities.
Pros
You can make your own schedule.
Cons
If you don't sell, you don't eat. It's just a sales job.
The employess at AXA are great people to be around and have fun. The job itself is strenuous and requires long hours, a lot of cold calling, and some built up cash to live off of as the job is 100% commission. I felt like they did not really give me the tools to be as successful as I could have and they did not seem to care is was successful or not as their turn over rate is high anyway. Good place to work if you like commission-based salary and don't mind not having a life.
Typical day was to find new clients by cold calling, email blasts, business to business meetings, school functions and community involvement. Fast paced and challenging as there is not a salary for your efforts.
Pros
Unlimited earning potential
Cons
High turnover and no base salary
Do what's right--do not just peddle insurance products for commission. Utilize the plethora of tools necessary to provide products the client needs and not what management pushes.
This was a 100% commission job. If you did not sale you did not eat. It taught me so much about the correlation between hard work and reward. I think everyone should have to work on some sort of commission structure.
Pros
Experienced agents to assist me
Cons
If you didn't sale you did not eat
The organization was a place with highly driven employees. It was reasonably cutthroat but certain groups of employees worked well together. A good place to work if you're willing to work on commission
Pros
Autonomy
  1. Financial Consultant