Acadsoc

Acadsoc Employee Reviews

It started as as a great company with a lot of potential

Acadsoc was great during its early years. But after a number of management changes, the whole system started to be difficult for the employees. Lower salary, hard to achieve bonus, difficult to reach out managers and support, etc.

A lot of deductions

It's fun to teach kids but exhausting at the same time. I love having teenagers and adults as my student, they are more easy to handle. Some of them are just gonna book your class because they wanted to have a conversation with you instead of having a lesson/discussion.

Pros

Work-Life Balance

Cons

Salary deductions and Penalties

Flexible schedule

flexi time schedule and students are nice, low rate and sometimes you're pressured with sudden trial class, work life balance very nice, Slow, small money, without, 5 min break.

Not nice

I didn't like it because the sallary was to low, especially for non-natives, not very high booking rate. Good for people without a degree, I didn't stay for too long.

alright

We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company.

Promotes work-life balance

In this job, I learned a lot of things that honed who I am today. Being creative is one, creativity is a must for this job as I have to think of ways to deliver effectively and efficiently for my students.

Stressful work culture

The company does not care for its workers. Penalties are imposed without consideration for teachers' welfare. It's also not avisable to apply at acadsoc because of the limited client range. With a change in the policies of the government, the company is struggling at the moment

Time

Draining with low pay, sometimes workload are too.much for a day with just a low salary. Lots of training and its not worth it, I cant imagine filipino enduring this

It was good for those who seeks part time jobs

It was a good experience for first-timers who seeks part-time jobs as ESL Tutor. However, the hiring process really took long but the training for demo teaching will help you improve a lot.

It is fun working in Acadsoc but there's too much bugs in the system.

It is fun working in Acadsoc but there's too much bugs in the system, from management to the application and platform itself that could lead to inconvenience to its tutors.

Pros

Wage is higher than minimum hourly wage.

Cons

Lags, bugs and unresponsive team leaders.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Acadsoc?

Started out great at first! Not sure what it's like now.

Acadsoc was one of the best jobs I've had, I was a tutor for three years before coming to Acadosc and spent another 3 there. Flexible hours, lots of students and decent pay, management was very responsive back then too.But after the policy changes in China, things changed, I could no longer book any more than 4 hours of classes and they were all limited to evenings on Mondays to Fridays, I stuck out with it for several months before I had no choice but to move on to a new job. I hope Acadsoc is better now, I wish them all the best and I'd love to work for them again someday!

Great management, nice team leaders, and friendly teammates

I worked on site. My experience working with them was great and the management was lenient to me when it comes to giving me time off whenever I was sick. The salary was okay because there were incentives.

Pros

Friendly environment, considerate TLs and management, incentives

Cons

Basic salary could be higher and Internet allowance provided to teachers when wfh setup started

fast paced however not paid well

Not recommended for faint hearted and for those aspiring to get high pay rate. Do not expect that you will ever get the salary which they are advertising.

Pros

Learning curve will mold you into a better teacher.

Cons

Long hours as most of students doesn't speak English

stressful workplace

Worst! They salary is very low. They treat you like they own you. The team leaders will say whatever they want to say without even asking you. They exploit people.

Pros

Work From Home

Cons

All.

Friendly students but unfair management

The students in Acadsoc are great but the management isn't. They don't know the word respect. They will lock your schedules without prior notice, they will only contact you if you committef violation but if the tutors are in need they are not responsive.

Not the best place to work

I had encountered rude students and they barely do anything to protect the tutors. Penalty is not fair and some Tutor manager are not friendly, helpful and sometimes not responsive. There are tendency that they control who books a class with you. for example a student books you sometimes they transfer that student to another tutor or they don't show your schedule

Loads of deductions and they don’t give importance and care to their teachers

Loads of salary deductions and they don’t give importance and care to their teachers. They don’t appreciate their teachers efforts and the most of the managers are very unprofessional.

Good company for starters

Pay is okay, there's work and life balance. Good for part-timers and student. They also provide you with trainings and certificate. More like a stepping stone

Trainer kinda left me out without any update. Turns out the trainer had a vacation and nobody took over her.

Recruitment is kinda fast and easy to get into as long as you have good English communication skills. Although, there were a lot of complaints for the onboarding recruits when they added us in a new fb group. It’s either you get a good trainer or got unlucky. Sadly, I got the latter.

Pros

You can choose your schedule

Cons

Penalties are too high. With a low salary, it is kinda frustrating.

My students are the best and my supervisor is responsible, just the company I have a problem with.

I really had a fun time working with my students, although there are some who has bad attitude but all in all, I still had a very good experiences, the only problem I had is the changes in policies and being not fair

Pros

Good relationship with students

Cons

Changing policies

I really love teaching and my students. Chinese people are very friendly and kind. I enjoy every class since they are fast learners and fun to talk to.

Pros

Fun environment

Cons

Salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Acadsoc. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Acadsoc with