Play YouTube video button
Coronavirus update
Information from Accenture:

Accenture Employee Reviews

Hong Kong14 reviews
Great company and great people
Great company and great people. You can learn a lot in a short time, but must also be ready to work on less interesting projects from time to time. Some extensive travel may be required, which can be a positive or negative depending on the people.
Great company poor environment
Over managed and under lead, shame because there are great people. Very strong culture for people who have been there for their entire lives but 70% of experienced hires leave within a year
Not the place for experienced folks
I was heavily recruited as I am a diverse hire and Accenture works hard on diversity. However, what they do not tell you is that you need to learn a whole new methodology with little support which could take a year. You might have great experience but that seems less important than learning the new Accenture Speak and all their just ok tools. The online training is good but not practical in the field. You are assigned a portfolio lead who only wants you to do grunt work exactly how they want you to do it even if it requires you needing to read their mind. They like to test you with ridiculous tasks. They maybe have a very important role but the two I had do not have good Management experience. The company has a great online philosophy about their company but from a practical perspective, they greatly miss the boat as the only seem to have a handful of folks who are good managers or Leaders. The majority of Leadership and Management Resources just tell you that you are responsible for taking care of yourself. The folks that are narcissistic, very aggressive, and manipulative are the ones who progress.
Pros
They close office during Xmas holiday but you had better have PTO to use.
Cons
Just about everything.
Productive and intense
Tagged in different projects during the course. Long and unpredictable working hours especially on foreign client sites. Very systematic project planning and execution with an efficient working environment.
Great starting point
Accenture is a great place to start a career. or get out of a rut. There are lots of opportunities to learn and grow, but It is a huge company. To grow beyond a certain point many people will eventually need to move on.
The current North American CEO is a lawyer by trade and more concerned with CYA / liberal causes than growing the firm or our talent. Diversity and inclusion all day everyday.
Pros
lots of opportunities
Cons
Work life balance
Great company
Accenture is a great company with incredible individuals working in it. The work is challenging, but very rewarding. Great culture and an opportunity to make a name for yourself.
Accenture PLC
Great company, culture and people. Lots of travel is possible but it is valuable experience to a variety of global clients within multiple industries. Apply and give it a try!
Amazing company
Pros

People: Accenture is about people and it shows

Talent: most of the people I worked with are extremely talented in one way or another

Network: you will always find someone within the company that can help you

Flexibility: to shape your career and grow in the direction you want to

Core values: The whole company lives by the same Core values and it shows

Cons

As a consulting company you need to be prepared to work hard to deliver challenging projects.

This is usual for consulting companies but you should be someone who is not looking to work within your comfort zone, it's a perfect company for people who want to build a career.
We are working as outsource in HSBC as FATCA outreach to client. Contacting client and gather FATCA required document for existing client. However, the HSBC system is quite messy that we always have incorrect information to outreach. To solve it, we double check a lot for the information we have, cross check with different reports, trying to get the most accurate information.
Fast paced work and result driven
Accenture HK offers pretty competitive rates for people in my field. Aside from which, the work culture allows people to grow professionally.

Being a service provider, long hours are spent in the office. As a single dad, this has been a problem for me as I need to take care of my son who is living with me.
Pros
Technology, process improvement
Cons
long hours everyday (until midnight) - work-life balance
Hire and Fire Company
If you are hired for business development you never know when will you be sacked. Acceptance of lateral hires is low as most of the leadership and senior employees are with Accenture for 15 - 30 years.

The term 'Accenture way' is overused and abused and generally is an excuse for not accepting new ideas and approaches.

if you are doing well in your current company stay there.

Sorry for being negative but i have mentioned what i experienced.
Great project opportunities & good package
Great project opportunities under Accenture Strategy focusing on strategic planning & analysis for top tier firms across industries. Good environment & salary package. Long hours and intensive work schedules, poor work life balance.
Pros
Interesting projects, truly strategic. Good people to work with
Cons
Poor work life balance.
High Job security but lack of excitment if you are not into tech
Working hours in HK is relatively long.
For management consulting, its more like a journey management than strategic consulting as expected by many.

Job Security is Good
Fun work place
Great amount of autonomy. The people I work with are some of the best in their field.
Pros
Autonomy