AIA Group Limited

AIA Group Limited Management reviews

Hong Kong70 reviews

Clear

Good people with Challenging environment

Here is a place where you can meet helpful people with great skills and minds. I would describe the working environment as challenging, sometimes your boss may not be able to give you a clear picture of what is exactly happening and the plan the team is undergoing to tackle changes from time to time. This can be a good place for new fresh grads to experience whatever can be happening in a large corporation group. This can also be a good place for experienced people to develop a career, if the culture and management style here fit.In terms of what you may enjoy here, you can expect a fair level of salary, discounted insurance covers, nice leisure/resting area with free snacks, and various firm-wide activities (parties, sports etc). I enjoyed working at AIA, and I met a lot of great people and friends there. I would give a 4 stars out of 5 as an overall opinion to this place.

Pros

Nice and helpful people, Great office, Flexible on working hours, Non-rigid style of management

Cons

Long hours, Management not always giving precise orders

Efficient & work life balance

Just like u r running a franchise , very flexible & can Decide the way that u do the work or run ur own entreprise. Aia is very humanized company , willing to listen to employees & agents

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Too flexible

Good

• Financial planner is a rewarding profession to unleash your talent and help others realise their dreams using professional knowledge. • To keep close watch on customers’ finances and serve as a close companion on their life journey • To offer professional financial advice for customers, helping them to identify problems, solve crises and avoid investment mistakes • Financial Instructor: to educate customers of the importance of wealth management, and assist them to know more about various financial tools in order to achieve their goals right away • Financial Caregiver: to accompany customers across every life stage, fully attend to their financial needs and give advice and reminders aptly • Financial Nutritionist: to strengthen customers’ finances for the prosperous growth of their assets • Health Insurance, Retirement scheme, Tax planning, Fund Investment, Educational fund

Fast working enviornment

Is a fun place to work, learn how to help client to management their risk, like giving client advice to invest their money to get capital growth, manage their daily risk like advice them to purchase insurance to avoid risk share the risk with the insurance company.

The Worst Working Place Ever!

AIA Culture is really the worst one I have ever met (I mean if you work under agents)! Especially if your teammates are all from Mainland China, their attitude is very bad and they are so non- sense but only selfish. I seldom write such a bad comment but this is the only place that I regret working in.

Friendly environment, intense learning process

I had learned a lot through this internship: time-management skills, work under pressure, and communication with others. I met a lot of people who have a similar backgrounds, and they had taught me a lot.

Productive workplace with a friendly and caring attitude towards employees

A typical day at work involves reporting expenses for members of the Group Agency Distribution team who partook in business trips. I learned a great deal as this was the first real job experience I got since entering and finishing university specifically technical skills in microsoft office and about the office environment in general. I also learned just how valuable soft skills and interpersonal skills are when it comes to be hired. Management was fine, had a fast response time when issues arose and there was a lot of workplace freedom. The workplace culture was very hard working but also felt uplifting and very relaxed. The hardest part of the job was dealing with new tasks very often since the team would work on different projects very frequently. The most enjoyable part of the job was the stability from expense reports as this was a very common task to do most weeks.

Pros

Free drinks, long lunch breaks, relaxed work environment.

Productive and Motivate workplace

By being part of the company and work as both individual and team during the 3 months’ program, with acquiring the mark of excellence and strive towards the MDRT target. Rich information from financial planning, wealth management and funds, gives an opportunity to enrich knowledge in financial sector and strengthen my organizational skills.

Job Work/Life Balance company

The Management style is quite transparent and they encourage Job work/Life Balance. Benefits are good and the most enjoyable part of the job is that colleagues are friendly and helpful which creates a very good workplace culture.

Bad cultures

Bad cultures and team head with no management skills. She didn't care of her team and made lots of gossips during the day. Waste people's valuable time to listen her gossips.

No future career prospect

Relatively stress free work environment. Friendly colleagues which makes going to work something to look forward to. However, management is not something to be desired.

Pros

steady work hours

Cons

hardly any benefits

Structured Corporate Environment

Management is very approachable, the work is clearly segmented across departments and the hours are reasonable. The company has an accessible gym, the benefits are within the industry average.

Prosperous company

Aggressive and prosperous insurance company in the region. Many changes in recent years from top management to actual work practice in different work arena.

Benefits

Cons

Need more professionals

A typical day at work

• Report to the Senior Unit Manager • Perform operation management of whole team • Assist in monitoring the agents’ policies’ processing • Arrange department activites

無明確制度公司

有番工無收工, 夠鐘放工但又要等其他同事做計完價錢,自己先可以做埋個job, 食飯時都被人叫做野,主管只會叫你做 但佢完全唔識做。人人番工唔準時,個個遲番又遲走。正常時間唔做野,加班先來做, turn over 60% above

Pros

可以唔準時番工, 食2個鐘午飯

Cons

無咩人做得長, 有問題搵唔到人問, 個個都係新人

管理層

某管理層只會追數, 沒有人性。公司同事友善,守望相助,公司制度還可, 保障大,福利多,有不同活動輕鬆。

Productive workplace

Learn in the form of a classroom on financial management, risk management and more for two weeks. In the process, I can learn some professional knowledge, also can recognize people from different places. And the most enjoyable part of the internship, we conducted differently situational exercises to truly apply the learned knowledge in the last week.

- Handle general enquiries from internal and external customers. - Handle Group new business and renewal case, including: member movement, issue medical card and invoice - Ensure daily work management is maintained – hotline, voice mail, email enquiry - Involve in ad hoc projects and administrative works

工作環境不錯

工作日常忙和急; 工作中學到做了就可以; 管理層不理員工, 任意讓員工玩辦公室政治; 工作文化是有事情發生, 推向其他同事; 工作中最困難是與上司溝通; 工作中最喜歡是與自己Team的同事工作.

Pros

時薪

Cons

壓力大, 多加班, 難與上司溝通

Hierarchical culture

The culture is hierarchical and hence staff tend to follow directions from above all the time. Staff do not have much passion in their jobs. The management started to realise the problem and they wanted to do something to improve the culture.

Pros

Benefits: Insurance

Cons

Hierarchical culture

Environnement de travail a Hong Kong agréable

Ce fut un stage qui m'a enseigné les bases de la vie en entreprise. mes collègues furent sympathiques bien que beaucoup plus âgés que moi en moyenne ( cela voulait dit que nous n'avons pas eu beaucoup d'opportunités a nous connaitre hors du bureau). AIA a fait un réel effort pour nous faire adapter a la culture de l'entreprise ce que j'ai apprécié.

Pros

bien situé

Cons

pas beaucoup de choix de restauration autour du bureau.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AIA Group Limited. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• AIA Group Limited
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?