AIA Group Limited

AIA Group Limited Employee Reviews

• Financial planner is a rewarding profession to unleash your talent and help others realise their dreams using professional knowledge. • To keep close watch on customers’ finances and serve as a close companion on their life journey • To offer professional financial advice for customers, helping them to identify problems, solve crises and avoid investment mistakes • Financial Instructor: to educate customers of the importance of wealth management, and assist them to know more about various financial tools in order to achieve their goals right away • Financial Caregiver: to accompany customers across every life stage, fully attend to their financial needs and give advice and reminders aptly • Financial Nutritionist: to strengthen customers’ finances for the prosperous growth of their assets • Health Insurance, Retirement scheme, Tax planning, Fund Investment, Educational fund
Working with interesting colleagues, having excellent cooperation with each other. Improving communication skills and photography basic skills.
My engagement wasn't very deep to the company during the internship, but it is a good environment to learn when it comes to junior level.
My daily duties are pretty wide-ranged, from all kinds of secretarial issues including documents, operation and system maintenance, to managing non-business events, such as personal vocations arrangement etc. Having to say that AIA International Limited is a huge company, being an administrative assistant cannot really learn much. However, since my supervisor is more of a computer-wise person, the most useful and practice skills I have learned here is to make good use of computer system, or any other operation systems in order to deal with mass data.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Things learnt are limiting
The people overall are nice. However, poor management structure making the environment very political and bureaucratic. Everyone seemed to be money driven. The hardest part of the job is the lack of work life balance and good employee healthcare and benefits. The company seemed to seek profits off from its own employees by selling its own products and mandate employees to purchase 5% of the salary for MPF.
Pros
Free promotional items such as cups/t-shirts/cupcakes
Cons
Long hours with lack of rewards
Quite fun. Love to interact with customer. Sell financial product and insurance
Great Boss with trust What I like most about my current job is that it gives me the feasibility to solve all types of problem individually. My boss of my current job indeed trust me on how to cooperate with vendors in most effective ways. More important gain from my current job is that I was allowed to reach out to distribution channels in Asia.
Pros
High Feasibility on work
Cons
Headphones business is dropping in all over the world
I had a internship in this company in 2009 summer.I learnt a lot of knowledge about insurance, and I learnt how to plan a insurance plan for customers.I had four wonderful teammate, and we had a good cooperate.The hardest part of the job was cold call because I never tried it before.The most enjoyable part of the job was presentation. We always had presentation after some activities, so I learnt many presentation skills from them.