AMC Theatres

AMC Theatres Employee Reviews

Showing all 4,931 reviews

Fun place to work

Fun place to work but not very challenging and pay is not the best(it is a movie theater). Management is fun and knows how to have a good time. Good company to move up in or start a job.

Pretty good place to work, busy days are harder than easy days though

AMC is a great first job for a teen (like myself)! I like a great majority of the people I work with! Hours and Scheduling is very flexible! The only issues are promotion of our F@B products can be hard due to pricing, there are so much little tasks that you can easily forgot how to do after taking time off. Of course these are little tasks, but they become tedious when you are asked to do them after weeks or months of not doing them. Also management I think could help us just a bit more. Other than that, It is a great place to work and spend your time. Especially as a teen

Pros

Free Movies, Fun People, Half Of Concessions

Cons

No Free Meals, Management comes at you on busy days, Hard to Advertise things, And deal with price complaining

Fun and people to work with, Pay too low

Although I enjoy working at AMC for sure, I think that some aspects of it are super make-or-break. For example, a lot of your time at work is dependent on what management is like -- if they're strict/lacking crew appreciation, then you won't enjoy the job very much. However, the crew and flexibility of the job is definitely a huge plus!

Great Benefits, Terrible Warning System

It was my first job and when it came to taking time off, getting hours that fit me, it balance of life and work, that was hard. Only good when you’re in summer and have time off your hands otherwise it’s a hard juggle.

Pros

- 50% OFF concessions, Free Movie Tickets + Friend, Watch Movie Premieres early

Cons

- Barely take breaks (not as encouraged), tiring, terrible warning system, super flexible

Little kid Job

AMC is definitely perfect for a high school student or for a little extra income on the side but as an adult with responsibilities , this is def not the job for you.

Good Place to start

Great First Job. Management is patient and understanding. The hours are quite flexible. You definitely get paid for what you do. It gets busy during big movies.

Great place to start working at

If you're looking for a first job this is a great place to start at, the coworkers are super friendly and managers are overall very nice and guiding. The only downside really is the pay, but you can move up pretty quickly if you dedicate the time to. Also free movies are great!

Okay job.

It’s is pretty chill and fun job but the pay 😒 is lowwww like literally the amount of stuff we do is crazy. You get free movies but lord is the hours long and boring

Pros

Free movies, discount food

Cons

Pay, boring

Basic first teen job

The work isnt too demanding and most of the stuff is more tedious than difficult. You don't really advance from basic positions unless you've been there a while. Having to deal with annoying customers was the worst part.

Cool place

Pretty chill place depends on management really pay is not to high at my location but depending on what your doing ig they pay isn’t so bad cool atmosphere meet great ppl

Pros

Pretty chill

Cons

Scheduling

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at AMC Theatres?

Pretty good spot to start off as a teenager

Im 16 and just started working at AMC and I’d say its a pretty good place to work if you’re a teenager looking for your first job. The job isn’t too hard, there are amazing coworkers, and you get to watch free movies.

Pros

Free Movies, Beginner-Level Friendly

Cons

The people there can sometimes be stuck up

Just don’t work here

The management some are good and others just punch a clock and don’t care. The crew is good but is the lowest paid job in Disney springs by $3/hr crew makes $12 while most places in Disney springs pay $15, there is no sick days or sick time you are expected to cover your shift or you will be written up for illnesses. There also is no overtime because a federal law says theatre employees aren’t required overtime so they don’t pay OT but will ask you to stay constantly and expect you to stay anywhere from 30min to an hour after your shift making sure everything is clean for the next day but will not pay you anything but your base wage for staying. There is room for advancement but as soon as a manager decides they don’t like you that’s pretty much it.

Fun Until It's Not

It's a great teen job!

I only liked bartending the rest was ehh. It's honestly a teen job not an adult it's a job for a teen starting out. The work is easy so the pay is not where it should be that's why I transferred to be a bartender.

Nice place if you want an easy job with pay higher than minimum wage

I'd say we are overworked and underpaid, the amount of work you put in doesn't matter, only the hours. We're all getting paid the same and also waffles

Very fun, good pay

Decently paced job. Flexible schedule. Free movies and half off food. The work base is very welcoming with pro nouns/identity/ect mostly everyone was nice.

Pros

Free movies, half off snacks, flexible schedule.

Cons

Busy Holidays, not enough staff helping.

meh

honestly the management is pretty good but they would rather promote new hires that dont know what theyre doing rather than people who have been there for years. management is still pretty chill though and theres not too much drama

Could be a great job, but the Company doesn't care

Corporate and Upper Management is far more concerned about the bottom line than they are the staff that does all the work. The pay is horrible, the benefits are weak and there is NO overtime no matter how many hours you work (granted, this is an industry specific issue not just AMC). They refuse to properly staff peak times/days and would rather have guests complain and give them free stuff as compensation than do something to fix the problems by staffing accordingly.

Cons

No breaks, no Overtime, never enough staff, no corporate concern for the staff

Starts out good, but eventually, you burn out.

At first, I really enjoyed the job. On shift, you get free popcorn, free drinks/slushees, and the overall employee discount for menu items is always 50% (even off shift). If you ask to take a break, they'll let you. But eventually, I just really started to dread coming to work (for reasons I don't really want to delve into). It was so bad that I had to quit before I even got another job landed. Plus, you don't really get paid enough for all that you do there. Employees do a LOT of work, and it can be extremely busy and hard to keep up with.

Fast Paced Workplace

AMC is an environment with fast-paced shifts with many other fun employees, I would recommend despite the fact that some managers can be extremely immature.

Fun with people but poor management

Very fun with the people but the management write people up over the smallest inconveniences. There was a time where i didnt know i couldnt eat if no one was around and no one warned me or told me i just got written up for it. Fellow co workers tell me how they feel targeted by the staff by getting in trouble when doing nothing wrong. They only schedule you if they like you and the favoritism really shows when working here. You cant even take emergency phone calls at work because they will write you up and send you home but if they like you they will let it slide. People literally come and go so fast at this job its crazy. So glad I dont work here anymore.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMC Theatres. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• AMC Theatres