Appen

Appen Employee Reviews for Web Search Evaluator

Web Search Evaluator49 reviews

flexible schedule

I have worked here for years and have enjoyed it up until recently when there has been issues getting paid for the hours that I work. There is no help from management, they will not respond to emails.

What is the best part of working at the company?it paid relatively well for independent contract on web search evaluation projects What is the most stressful part about working at the company?the management of contractors is haphazard and contractors fall through the cracks What is the work environment and culture like at the company?mechanistic

Easy job if you can follow instructions.

The job has not had a pay increase in a while but the work is on the easier side. There are helpful tools to help you learn more and do a better job. Overall a nice part-time job.

Pros

Very Flexible

Cons

No Raises

Great if you manage to get a project

If you’re looking for stability, it’s definitely not for you. Projects may finish unexpectedly and you’ll lose your source of income. Quite hard to find a long-term project, and you’ll usually have to wait for a while to get a response.I really enjoy the freedom that working at Appen gives me. I can work any time and whenever I want. So if you’re someone who doesn’t like fixed schedules, definitely go for it! Creative freedom is also very important to me, and that’s what Appen is really good at providing. Most of the time I feel like my own boss. The workload is usually below average, so there is a lower chance of a burnout. And it’s much easier to get a week off if you notify your project manager that you’re not available. Plus, there is no need to socialise, which is a huge win for me. I would give it a try for sure and see if it’s for me or not.

Pros

you have your own schedule, no need to go to an office; creative freedom, low workload, easy to get some time off, no socialising

Cons

no stability, only few long-term projects, you’ll have to wait for quite a long time to get a project

Good Place, but ....

-Low Pay-Excessive Tests for some jobs(client based tests)-Good work/Life balance-Can be tedious work at timesOverall, good as a stepping stone for something better.

Flexible hours, yay! but the low pay and lack of job stability

Repetitive work and how much flexibility you have depends on project. I spent 7 years on one project, which is really unusual, as they tend to not last that long. Got one 25 cent raise after a year and that was it. Pay rate depends on your country and/or state. Appen used to pay better but since they bought out all their competitors the project pay has gone way down hill. There is also no job security. A project can end at any time. Management? I didn't even know my managers name the last several years I worked there.

Pros

flexible hours, it's not call center work

Cons

pay, no job security, no real support

Flexible but harder to get jobs now

I appreciated this job because of the flexibility of hours. It has now become quite difficult to get jobs. Perhaps it’s saturated? You won’t become rich but I never had issues with getting paid

Web search evaluator

Easy work, but there's not always work at night or during the day. Also, not consistent, there were tiem when I would log on to work and there wasn't anything available.

Pros

Remote

Cons

Not consistent, they will lay you off randomly even if you do your work the right way each time.

Okay

Okay place to work. Remote. Good pay when i was working for the company. Easy work. Need to oass assessments. Assessments are not difficult to pass. Good place to work.

avantage appen

travail à domicile permettant d'avoir une vie de famille equilibrée tout en se focalisant sur le travail aussi

Trabajo flexible desde casa

Buena experiencia ya que trabajas desde casa y con un horario muy personal.

Good job work at your own pace.

Good at home job for extra cash. Working at home is a was one of the good benefits to me. Get paid every two weeks and paid on time. This job is 4 hours a day 5 days a week

Fijn flexwerken

Flexibele werktijden, goede communicatie met project managers. Altijd netjes op tijd uitbetaald gekregen, alleen in november waren er wat technische problemen waardoor velen hun geld pas laat kregen. Het werken als freelancer biedt helaas weinig zekerheid.

Convenient but inconsistent hours

The work is convenient being from your home however work goes from plenty to depleted fairly often leaving you to scramble for hours at times which can be very frustrating.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Inconsistent hours week to week, only paid once a month

Really flexible with schedule

I enjoy this job for the idea that you can have an extremely flexible work schedule. You have a min/max number of hours to work each week so you can work on your own time as necessary. The work itself is easy to do but the quality control for the tasks is very strict, so you have to be on your game to avoid any negative consequences. Most to all communications are done through email which can be a hassle at time if you have an issue and the company is on holiday or they take a few days to give you a response.

Pros

Very flexible work schedule

Cons

Strict guidelines for how work is to be completed.

Great part time employment

Great employment for work at home employees. The hours can be slim on some jobs. But overall environment is good. The feedback you get helps you become a better overall communicator. I feel if you put forth the effort it helps in getting more hours. Max hours available so far is 30 hours.

Flexible working hours with good opportunity to learn about different projects

Great company to work in terms of project guidance, training, flexibility. You can choose your own projects which suits you according to your qualification.

ok

It was an okay job. The work was really boring. I would recommend working here if you want a work from home job. The worst part was the actual work. It's boring to do for four straight hours.

Pros

work from home

Cons

tedious work

Part Time Job

Uzun bir sınav sürecinden sonra belirli aralıklarla yapılan sınavlardan başarılı olunması şartıyla iş devamı..

Flexible hours, repetitive tasks, easy work

I have been working as an independent contractor with Appen since August 2018. Work is not always consistent but pay is decent for the type of job it is. Due to signing a nondisclosure agreement I am unable to comment more on the specifics of my position. Pay is only once a month and it is not enough to support yourself without another source of income. It is a good supplemental income though especially for the pay rate. My hours are flexible which is great since I tend to have a busy schedule. It is great not having to go into an office to work.

Pros

flexible, decent pay

Cons

contractor position can be terminated at any time, no benefits, no PTO

Not Worth the Time

In good conscience, I cannot recommend anyone even pay Appen the time of day. While the system is straight forward and the people nice, having even the slightest technical issue is impossible to get fixed. It is very much a left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing situation when it comes to their technical support. Further, while you may complete their qualification tests, half the time the project is completed by already existing employees before you can move to the actual work part that gets you paid. All in all, nothing personal towards the company. But if you need an actual online job that pays, I would try a different one.

Pros

Nice people, system is straight-forward

Cons

Terrible tech support staff, available work minimal

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Appen. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Appen with