Bank of China

Bank of China Employee Reviews

Hong Kong59 reviews
Bank of China (Hong Kong) Limited is a great place for me to learn and grow for the career. Coworker are kind and healthful. appreciated that I can serve in this great company.
It is all alright , good working place and facilities.
Good for retirement but not for ambitious person.
Pros
Work balance
Cons
Poor career development
I do not recommend people to work in this company. Anyone who receive western education be it in Hong Kong or overseas will find working in this company terrible. Ranking is not related to experience or academics but only related to whether somebody has connection with the senior management. A personal assistant which just has nil marketing experience can be a marketing department Head solely because she was previously a personal assistant of some senior management. Wrong decision all the time.
十分著重人事關係, 工作技巧只屬次要, 需要和上司保持融洽關係, 才確保升遷機會, 及工作犯錯保障,
There were many opportunities to learn new tools. However, like most interns, I did not enjoy doing grunt work such as translating documents or putting together ppt pitches.
Gained experience to deal with Enhanced Due Diligence Policies and Anti-money laundering investigation in one of the leading banks has enhanced communication skills in problem solving and be more diligent and attentive on details. Being part of the Regulatory Compliance Management division as a Criminal Finance Assistant Manager, I’m responsible for ongoing management, governance and reporting by accurate and consistent approach.
¥ Handled daily revenue book-keeping, reconciliated with bank statement and tracked accurate balance
¥ Paid utilities and credit card bill on monthly basis and monitored cost control to avoid overcharge

¥ Assisted in organizing payrolls, revenue sheets, bills and receipts for weekly operation summary
I learned a lot of financial skills, and financial knowledge and I know how to be a good team player, because we always work as a team,.

our team just like a family, work together, have lunch together, and we always hang out during holiday, work hard and play hard, we are family, not only colleague.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Bank of China?
Working this places can let you grow faster, you have to selling products successfully otherwise it will be feeling dispirited.You have to join the meeting after working hours.you never knows when the finish time.
Pros
Learn more in your life
Cons
Struggling with selling everyday
There seemed like there was a lot of arbitrary tasks. Work place was cooperative but the technology needs to be updated. Hours are long and OT is the norm.
Handle a full range of counter transactions like remittance
Gained basic bank knowledge and interpersonal skills

Good colleagues

Poor work-life balance
Great to have chance to become the committee member of the Bank’s re-branding project. ALso have the opportunity to develop and design the new marketing materials guideline for the Bank. Prepare competitors’ analysis and present to management is a challenging task
My experience at BOCI made me realize that working in a Hong Kong Chinese bank had a very distinct culture. Language was also a large barrier because being able to speak Cantonese is a large part of communicating within the workplace. Finally, the internship training program was poorly administered.
They are trying to make business with mainland Chinese all the time by lowering their account opening requirement which ended up in insurance agent overwhelming the front counter with their Chinese customers, handicapping the whole branch.
在這7年間,工作環境變差了,工作變得混亂無理。
放半日假,就沒有午餐時間,不是上午4小時在公司,而要求員工4.5小時出勤。
Pros
平穩
Cons
工作壓力變大了
If you want to earn more, you have to find more client, there will be minimal base salary
No comment needed, just like other insurance companies in HK.

Be sure to fully understanding the employing contract, most of them include a 3-year-contract, which means part of the salary/ subsidy should be returned to the company if the employee leaves the company within 3-year, or if the company fires that employee.
I love to work at bank because they have a lot of opportunity to tried different department , I think the most challenging sector in the Telecommunications department .
The post and the job duties are not bad, the working environment is not bad
not suitable for all people
boring job

you must good at counting