Barclays
Coronavirus update
Information from Barclays:

Barclays Employee Reviews

Hong Kong8 reviews
I worked for Barclay's when it was still a majority shareholder to Absa. I enjoyed my stay at Barclay's and I learned a lot especially governance part of the business. Unfortunately I noticed that there were other factors that were beyond my line manager's control that delayed my progression even after a selling performance I gave. I would work there again given an opportunity
I worked for Barclays as a vendor. Good working environment and nice colleagues, but you always face to IT issues.
Career progression doesn't exist. The company always prefers to hire someone from the outside rather than promoting someone within the team. All management are white, if you are not white, you have no chance for career advancement.
-Trading assistant major responsibility is to make sure booking into the risk system can correctly reflect Delta and Pnl for trader
-Workplace culture is nice, people are willing to share insight and knowledge
The culture at Barcap is relaxed but professional. Managers treat people well, with respect and allow levels of autonomy to thrive. Budgets and regulatory timelines dictate the project space so that opportunities are few and far between. Overall, a very positive experience.
I wish I could stay there forever
trust administrator role, kyc review, meeting with wealth planners

love the culture

very prestige

highly recommended
Arrange lots of charity and fund raising campaigns, volunteers are able to have the Friday afternoon off and free Friday lunch provided if involved with the fund raising and charity events.
Company offered employees with great medical benefits and good holidays benefits.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Long overtime hours
It's usually long hour from 9am to 8pm and working under stressed environment. Month end, Quarter end and Year end might work till 9pm, or 10pm or even later. With the hard work, you will get alot of opportunties to learn different things thru job relocation and/or promotions. Management do value people by providing annual IFRS training and various product trainings.