Bloomberg

Bloomberg Employee Reviews

Hong Kong13 reviews

Great employer overall if you are a full time employee

I would say Bloomberg is one of the best employers out there for any industry but that is limited to full time employees. Temps are treated like garbage unfortunately. Full time employees are literally encouraged to refrain from being friends with temps and contractors.

Pros

pantry

Cons

temps suffer from discrimination

good

avoid this place like cancer. Team leaders are extremely toxic and they don't care about your personal growth. They will make you have a tedious cold calls all day. The 3-month training is a hoax, you learn nothing except for the dumb terminal knowledge.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

toxic culture

Producer

Strong systems in place. You're expected to work hard and long hours, but compensated for it. Compensation was good, and a great office that you were happy to come to everyday

Producer

Great organization. Systematic. Everything in order. Processes in place. Very professional. You're expected to work hard, but you get rewarded for your efforts.

Collaborative environment but untransferrable skills

- lean hierarchy and high mobility - collaborative environment as you get to work with different departments within the organisation across regions - work could be very tedious - not a good place for pursuing a career in finance

Fun

Bloomberg is a really fun place to work at. People are very encouraging and willing to help. It is a very interactive learning environment which embraces ideas and creativity.

Mainstream media

Quite a big HK office. Nice people, but don't know if all of them are competent. Have awesome pantry which is always full of goodstuff. People seem nice and chill but the control room is not always so peaceful. Producers shout and curse a lot.

Bloomberg

Great company to work at. Company has great benefits and numerous perks (museum access, memberships etc). Pay is competitive and growth depends on success level and tenure.

Cult like environment

A good place to start or finish your career. A lot of brainwashing about how they reward the hard workers but in reality they promote people who do not work hard necessarily but rather schmooze the right people

fun place to work

fun place to work, nice people, great culture, good training, good resources, great benefit, useful materials to learn, nice pantry

Great company culture

Work load is not big, and great working environment for mothers and women in general. HK office environment was very friendly.

Love its efficiency

The lifestyle itself in Hong Kong is notoriously fast pace. A typical work day for me is from 8am to 6pm and surrounded by 3 to 4 monitors at my desk. I do not complain about my hours, and in fact, I actually feel blessed compare to those who work until midnight (It happens all the time). However, to speak the truth, I do not enjoy being surrounded by 4 monitors with fixed setting on brightness because they started hurting my eyes after staring at them for a long period of time, and I tried different ways to adjust the level of brightness but still it did not work. Yet, I grew to like having more than 2 monitors in terms of working efficiently, I love how quickly I can get my job done without switching between tabs, especially I dealt with high volume of financial data and researching in companies. For management style, it really depends on who. Everyone has ones own belief and definition on efficiency, professionalism, style to approach individuals etc. Nonetheless, the overall style I get from them is very supportive. Hardest part of the job is communication on internal group chats. Everyone has brilliant ideas, however, in order to glue all the pieces together does take time to 1) step back and organize and 2) rethink it thoroughly. Most enjoyable part of the job is to get to work with many brilliant minds.

work-life balance

few innovative work; no career path; can learn how to communicate with different parties;

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bloomberg. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Bloomberg with

Bloomberg Reviews by Location

• Bloomberg
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?