Bloomberg

Bloomberg Management reviews

I would say Bloomberg is one of the best employers out there for any industry but that is limited to full time employees. Temps are treated like garbage unfortunately. Full time employees are literally encouraged to refrain from being friends with temps and contractors.
Pros
pantry
Cons
temps suffer from discrimination
The lifestyle itself in Hong Kong is notoriously fast pace. A typical work day for me is from 8am to 6pm and surrounded by 3 to 4 monitors at my desk. I do not complain about my hours, and in fact, I actually feel blessed compare to those who work until midnight (It happens all the time). However, to speak the truth, I do not enjoy being surrounded by 4 monitors with fixed setting on brightness because they started hurting my eyes after staring at them for a long period of time, and I tried different ways to adjust the level of brightness but still it did not work. Yet, I grew to like having more than 2 monitors in terms of working efficiently, I love how quickly I can get my job done without switching between tabs, especially I dealt with high volume of financial data and researching in companies. For management style, it really depends on who. Everyone has ones own belief and definition on efficiency, professionalism, style to approach individuals etc. Nonetheless, the overall style I get from them is very supportive. Hardest part of the job is communication on internal group chats. Everyone has brilliant ideas, however, in order to glue all the pieces together does take time to 1) step back and organize and 2) rethink it thoroughly. Most enjoyable part of the job is to get to work with many brilliant minds.