BNP Paribas

BNP Paribas Employee Reviews

Hong Kong39 reviews

Found 39 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,206 reviews

Work-life balance and acceptable workload

Management is usually from France so it's hard for progression. Workload is reasonable so you could find work-life balance here. No ad-hoc task will be required as this is a slow-paced company. People are nice and helpful to work with. Do not expect a good salary increment and bonus in annual review even when you got promoted.

Pros

work-life balance

Cons

not a competitive salary package

The company does not offer employee the visibility for growth.

The company is slow in reaction to external events (e.g. pandemic, war, etc.) which often require quick action on business continuity plan.It is also slow in embracing globalization or international cultures. As a minority, I don't feel respected or treated fairly in the team.The management failed to offer employee the visibility for growth. Role is often one dimensional and lack of development.

Low pay because salary never reviewed

After few years salary will be below market. No choice to start looking for new job outside. People in generate are nice and helpful. Good place to work if come with a high package. Not good for junior to advance up as being paid with analyst money doing AVP job.

Worldwide company

Short period of working period, not much comments on this company Resign due to personal family issues Working environment is good but paced is a bit slow

Excellent technology and systems

Excellent systems. Management willing to do whatever necessary to enable traders. Management has a well balanced approach to trading risk. great work life balance.

Fast pace and competitive

My position demands my ability to multitask and to prioritize the duties at hand. My major duties include but not limited to schedule management, travel and visa arrangement, communicate between departments, preparation of reports and presentation materials, and issue of invoices. As well during peak seasons, I was able to work overtime to help support the team with success.

nice working culture

nice working culture, people are generally nice and less intensive compared to other major investment bank

Middle management needs to be removed

The middle management are absolutely brainless. Depends on which department you are working for and also the manager as well. The hardest part of the job perhaps is that you would not stand out until you are at some managerial position.

Work place with good work life balance

Colleagues work as a team with respect even if they are across regions/countries. However the overall setup of the bank's technology/process are outdated.

Nice and challenging working environment

Nice and challenging working environment, good benefits

Workplace culture

A reputed French Bank, with diversified culture among different regional offices. A very good opportunities to liaise with colleagues in APAC, such as Singapore, India, China, Australia.

good place to work

A good place to work, the company need developing computer system to improve the work process.

Typical large bank working culture

BNP Paribas is a decent place to work but has the typical traits of a large bank. Welfare is good while workplace culture needs improvement. The bank in general is very slow to take up on new trends and faces tough challenges going ahead.

Productive with work life balance

The duties of every subordinates are crystal clear. Everyone focus on their duties and with high productivity. Some Team members and co-workers which support us in other departments are located in India, therefore we need to use instant message program frequently to work with them. Co-workers are friendly and willing to help each other when needed. The office environment is nice with a very good pantry and easy to access by public transport. The hardest part of the job is the system / IT issue. Since we are located in Hong Kong and some main functions only available in Paris. If there is a system issue, our I.T colleagues may not have certain rights to solve the problem. Then it will result in a long wait before it's back to normal.

Pros

Nice pantry

Cons

computer system

Low stress, but low upside

Pay and work life balance was good. Career advancement for non-french citizens unrealistic. Management hit or miss. Difficult to compete with larger investment banks.

A place of work life balance

Fast pace and priority setting are the most appropriate description of my previous job. I have learned to be a positive and all-rounded employee as I need to face different client and internal issues everyday. Whether the hardest or the most enjoyable part of the job is personnel issues. I enjoy working with my direct relationship manager and my teammates as well. However, it could be a messy day when I need to deal with some difficult clients or internal colleagues who are uncooperative. It's really a good place to train up my interpersonal skill indeed.

Best environment to work

I have working there for about a year and it provides the best environment to grow your career experience.

Best working environment,

The company is quite good for the training, the working environments are located in central and Quarry Bay, they're quite close to the MTR station.

Traditional asset manager

Typical long only fund manager. Staff diligently followed investment guideline with tight risk control. Fund managers focused on bottom up ideas rather than top down allocations back in 2004-07.

Good Culture

Very supportive culture and good people. Surrounded with talented management whom are easily approachable when advice or assistance is needed. Great work life balance

Pros

Work life balance

薪酬好,工作压力较大

工作中最喜欢的事情:制作Pitch Book,实现新点子,推动Project进行 工作中最困难的事情:跨大洲合作(时差),应对客户临时紧急要求

Pros

薪酬好

Cons

压力大,每晚OT

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BNP Paribas. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• BNP Paribas
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?