BNP Paribas

BNP Paribas

BNP Paribas Employee Review

This is the company I love to work for again if possible

I started to work for the investment bank named Paribas and later merged with BNP to become BNP Paribas. I had good time there. Most of the management people were from France and are very nice. I'm proud and great that I have an opportunities to work there. The co-workers were nice to each other even there were some office politics between some departments. The hardest part of the job was to handle some high net worth customers' complaints. The most enjoyable part of the job was people understand each other's requirement when you have to work with a few departments.

Same location

The company does not offer employee the visibility for growth.

The company is slow in reaction to external events (e.g. pandemic, war, etc.) which often require quick action on business continuity plan.It is also slow in embracing globalization or international cultures. As a minority, I don't feel respected or treated fairly in the team.The management failed to offer employee the visibility for growth. Role is often one dimensional and lack of development.
Same location

Work-life balance and acceptable workload

Management is usually from France so it's hard for progression. Workload is reasonable so you could find work-life balance here. No ad-hoc task will be required as this is a slow-paced company. People are nice and helpful to work with. Do not expect a good salary increment and bonus in annual review even when you got promoted.

Pros

work-life balance

Cons

not a competitive salary package
Same location

Low pay because salary never reviewed

After few years salary will be below market. No choice to start looking for new job outside. People in generate are nice and helpful. Good place to work if come with a high package. Not good for junior to advance up as being paid with analyst money doing AVP job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BNP Paribas. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare BNP Paribas with

• BNP Paribas
  • This is the company I love to work for again if possible