BNP Paribas

BNP Paribas Employee Reviews in London

A good place to work, friendly knowledgeable people. Fair salaries , job advancement can be slow as there are limited management roles available. Much outsourcing to Mumbai and Lisbon.
Revolving door of senior management resulting in ever changing strategy and direction. Aggressive and oppressive culture with no regard to people鈥檚 work life balance.
Cons
Oppressive environment and aggressive management culture
Interesting tasks which I was allowed to get on with as I thought best. I had the impression of an overwhelmed UK team with a duplicated/redundant offshore team. They clearly had a group of contractors/ex employees who were part of the social fabric as well as of work, who were the preferred choice for contract roles.
Pros
Freedom to deliver, good support tools
Cons
Non-communicative management
Very professional and excellent company. It is teamwork-oriented, with experts in risk, data etc... I worked within the architecture as well as the Investors reporting performance departments
This is an Ok company. Good work life balance. Really nice colleagues. Lacking development opportunities and not much internal movement meaning higher turnover.
Worked there for a year. Relaxed culture and a slow-paced environment. I wasn't learning new things on a daily basis and I was bored at times. Nonetheless, a good experience, but 1 year was more than enough.
BNP Paribas is a very challenging environment. The IT is always evolving and requires you to adapt your skills on annual basis. Managed great project at a global scale.
Flexible working hours and optional remote working help work/life balance. Blame culture is the norm, be prepared to defend yourself if things go wrong, before getting to fix things. Management are either almost completely hands off at the low level, or overbearing at high level. Budgets are everything. Work smart or hard, but don鈥檛 expect to be rewarded for it.
I enjoyed my time there, would probably still be there if they hadn't moved our roles back to France. Made some good friends there and stress levels we're never so high that you couldn't cope.
A typical day at work is rewarding. There is always a possibility to attend a course of your choice even subsidised studies in order to advance your career path. There is good management support. The benefits are good.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Good place to learn and be in contact with other cultures and people with different level of expertise in different domains. Fair pay and career progression
Bp2s is a nice place to work, with a great culture and skilled people. You will learn, improve and work at the best of your abilities. I would recommend working at bp2s
Pros
Lunches
Cons
Advancement
This company is a great place to work, they offer good benefits like an internally subsidised restaurant. They also offer opportunities to relocate across the country and abroad to other BNP Paribas offices, Fantastic working environment as it's just been refurbished
Never give employees pay rises and pay lower than tier 1 banks. Increasingly controlled from Paris so Brits hit a glass ceiling in London. Situation unstable there post Brexit.
I personally found that a career path was never defined at BNP. Promoting people rarely happened. A good place to work though, great people and superb benefits.
It was a short stint but was fun. You are on your own, management trusts you to take initiatives , own it and deliver it.. As long as you manage the work , no questions asked.
* Hard work, long hours, but rewarding. * Good diversity * Intelligent people * Interesting to learn dynamics between UK and French cultures * Enjoyed working for the Bank
Working for 3 Directors with the investment banking division. If you suffer with anything that means you taking time off work, don鈥檛 bother. My manager & HR we鈥檙e not supportive of my mental stability & me taking time off work due to being in hospital. They would send emails between themselves on how they were going to go about getting rid of me but wanted to make sure they were covering their backss.
Pros
Nice employees and good pay
Cons
Not supportive to mental health or health issues
Work culture is toxic. You work along aside people from external companies who know nothing about their jobs! You get admins calling amd crying about their tasks and then blame it on you. Managers say they support you with any challenges with other parties you work with but when push comes to shove, they chuck you under the bus and take no responsibility. There is no work life balance or working structure. They suggest flexible working enviroment but restrict those who really need it due to health issues. The management line is pure shambles and no one senior ever takes responsibility for their actions.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, no support for health, no flexible working. Unsupportive management
Good place to work and get experience. Helpful staff and relaxed work culture however its too French and if you don't speak the language or are not french very hard to get noticed and no career progression.Salary is low compared to other banks.
Pros
Good Canteen
Cons
Only good for French people, borderline racism exists.
Productive & fun place to work. Very demanding, long hours and high expectations from management. Highly rewarded financially through basic salary. Very strong work culture.