BNP Paribas

BNP Paribas Employee Reviews in London

A good place to work, friendly knowledgeable people. Fair salaries , job advancement can be slow as there are limited management roles available. Much outsourcing to Mumbai and Lisbon.
good company to work for with multiple departments to work within. management need to listen to their staff more and recognise those with talent, than those are just office friendly individuals
Great environment for flexibility, team spirit and dedication from cross-functional teams. Great opportunity for learning various systems. Fun and enjoyable people to work alongside.
Within the bank i have had a varied working career. This has been prompted within the bank, if you work hard you could progress. Opportunities to work different areas within the bank.
Management racially profile and discriminate against people of colour and it鈥檚 is very evident as they entire front of House team are non-British/English Caucasians , they need to have a variety of ethnicities and races. Some People may not have an issue with it but personally it was to much to deal with constantly being treated like the black sheep.
Pros
Work Experience
Cons
I always say people don't leave the Company/ Bank, people leave and move because of the individuals they work with as well as the management styles. BNP Paribas is a great bank to work for but i found their management style is very different to the usual norm. After working at BNP i now know why employees do not trust HR, HR indeed works with management and do not care about the ethical well being of employees which is really sad. You have managers that are clueless about the job and you wonder how they made it to the promotion at the same time making their colleagues life very miserable which results to a toxic and unhealthy workplace. I have to say during my time at BNP i am very disappointed with the management style.
Pros
The bank has alot of opportunities to grow
Cons
Horrific manager
Would not recommend working here, personally, continually cutting costs where they can find, they charge contractors 10% on food and drink which I find shocking, 20% more if you use the gym. Additionally, you do not get managerial support when getting a chance to learn a new area. You don鈥檛 treat a BNP Contractor as a member of staff!
Pros
Cons
Prices of food/drink/gym for contractors.
Good work life balance with a fun working environment. It was a good 3 years where I was able to learn a lot and make lifelong friends. Theres good career advancement opportunities.
Pros
Good Working environment
Cons
Speaking French helps
corporate environment, multicultural, possibility to communicate with different teams, get different ideas. overall people are friendly but formal - as expected
I enjoyed my time at BNP Paribas, it is a large bank with many locations around the world. The management team I worked with was very strong and supportive. Made some great friends over the years as well.
Pros
many projects and inititves. Management team was strong. Great work colleagues.
Cons
Size, France centric, slow to change.
Great experience as intern. A lot of graduate in the company and great environment. There was no headcount for my position that's why I left after 9 months of internship
Great people make the difference and make it a place to be proud of. However very bureaucratic and getting things done that depend on headquarters make things difficult.
Pros
Excellent people
Cons
Lots of hoops to jump through to get anything done
Sempre al passo con aggiornamenti e corsi offerti dall azienda stessa
Working as a consultant at BNP Paribas was a great experience. Had the opportunity to work with different number of teams upstream and downstream on different topics. I learnt a lot on all relevant aspects to do with my role. The culture within my team and with others also was great as we worked well together and would have team lunches and other out of work social events too. The hardest part of my job was probably situations were there we system issues that took long to fix and there was pressure from downstream teams to receive results and trying to deal with every call or email in time. This would also involve working long hours. However, still enjoyed the helpfulness of all teams that would be involved in fixing these issues from development to IT Support.
Pros
Great culture, free things from events
Cons
Long hours, constant team transitions at times
IT IS A DEMANDING JOB , NEEDS RESPONSIBILITY , QUALIFICATIONS AND WORKING UNDER STRESS Skills Core Personal Transparency Attention to detail Confidentiality Communication skills Multitasking Problem Solving Organisational Skills Analytical Mind
Productive and enjoyable place to work with great work life balance. Very well structured and organised environment. Always worked with good team of people from all departments.
It was a brief work experience where I learned about the basics of the banking world and how it's built. The employees were very wellcoming and friendly, telling me all abut the different roles withing the careers in banking.
Pros
Informative and friendly
Cons
Good range of skills to be picked up at this bank. Most people are great to work with. A decent work/life balance. Most management is French (and will remain French) - Nepitism is high in this institution. Job security is low - many divisions being outsourced to Lisbon or Mumbai
Pros
Good subsidised lunches, good Xmas party
Cons
Very French
Overall a good Company, days are typically long - although 9-5, it would be expected that you stayed until it is done. Some management can be challenging however, a good job was always rewarded at the end of the year. The hardest part of the job is dealing with regulatory requirements and changes as rules change constantly. The most enjoyable part of the job is it's diversity of people. Being an International Bank, you would meet and enjoy the company of people from all over the world.
Pros
Good Pension Scheme; Health Insurance; Annual Bonuses
Cons
Long Hours. The outsourcing functions can be challenging.
Great work life balance. Productivity and team work is significant to the companies growth.. Culture is great. A typical day at work is dynamic and always changing
Bridging the gap between the business and IT on a regular basis, dealing with sales, trader and Middle office and Back Office. Reporting to the head of Trading for Options and Cash