BNP Paribas logo
BNP Paribas

BNP Paribas Employee Reviews in London

Work-Life Balance

Found 121 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,826 reviews

Good place to work, people are friendly and knowledgable

A good place to work, friendly knowledgeable people. Fair salaries , job advancement can be slow as there are limited management roles available. Much outsourcing to Mumbai and Lisbon.

Good Bank

There is scope for movement and there is a good working life balance. You are encouraged to learn new skills and to take part in 'Campus' training modules to enhance your skill set

Productive and fun environment

No day in the property industry is the same and I really enjoyed my experience at BNP Paribas. I learnt many things on the job and the workplace culture was very relaxed and fun. I particularly enjoyed spending time with the staff there. They were so lovely.

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Commute

BNP Paribas worsening by the way

Used to be a fun place to work in, nowadays it feels that you are under pressure from every side, and as a consequence quality of analysis is lesser. Cost cutting has reduced the amount of social event at a minimum, a couple of years back there would be some sort of social event or celebration drinks every now and then, this has totally disappeared. On the upside people is very friendly and approachable, and there is an environment of collaboration in the workplace.

excellent organisation

Extremely global bank with client focus, one of the best European capital markets group in London. Very creative in analytics and risk taking and incorporating that into a client franchise.

Pros

Diverse platform

Cons

French centric

Very good work life balance and benefits package

I worked with some very impressive people during my time at BNP Paribas. They offered a great benefits package in the UK, such as healthcare, dental, discount gym membership, life insurance, subsidised canteen, etc.

All in all relatively ok place

Very boutique-like atmosphere. Very strong desire to hire VP and higher level employees from BB banks, at the same time, Analyst to Associate level employees are not usually employed from own internship programs and are hired from second tier small banks, making hiring politics very inconsistent .

This role was a rolling contract one which gave me the opportunity to work with a high calibre and friendly Desktop Support team. The hours during a typical day went by swiftly. The technology was pretty much the usual standard. The best part during my time there was the pace and the variety involved in the role. The hardest part was the end of the role (the contract).

Pros

Fun and friendly colleagues

Cons

short term roles/contract

High powered environment with stressful work days but extremely rewarding

Fantastic management, fun but stressful environment with a steep learning curve. Excellent opportunities for progression and promotion with plenty of senior staff willing to mentor.

Good Company

I was here for 4 years prior to my Redundancy, both in Income and in the Infrastructure teams. Both were small but busy team, in Income I had the opportunity to work on all markets and get involved in projects here,.

Fun, collaborative environment

I enjoyed working at BNP Paribas and found they were very accommodating towards my desire to learn and grow. The environment was fun and dynamic and it had a good social life.

Pros

Social life

Nice and relaxed place to work in

BNP Paribas is a nice place to work in. Salary and advancement are not the best in the market, however it is renown for being a very good company to start your carrier in and learn a lot.

Hard work but good pay

Work life balance is rubbish. They want you chained to the desk and not very flexible when it comes to working from home or flexible hours. The job is challenging but rewarding. Good pay but there is more to life than money.

Pros

Good pay, benefits

Cons

Poor work life balance

Good work life balance

There are busy periods but generally relaxed. Typical day includes keeping abreast with developments, resolving ad hoc queries from the business and producing financial analysis.

Nice place to work in

I've already written a review about this place...I have worked at BNP as a developer and I can say that it's a nice place to work in. I've learned a lot.

Vibrant and diverse place to work. Lots to learn with different management styles. Mentoring programme and a wide learning and development programme. There is 6 employee networks which enable to network internally and get to know more about all the different business.

fun to work

Excellent place to work , good work life balance , awesome pay , good exposure to various fields , fun to work , opportunity to travel various countries ,

I thoroughly enjoyed my internship at the bank. I was given great exposure and was involved heavily in exciting and challenging work. The people are great and the culture is too!

BNP Paribas

Everything needs to be signed off by London, Paris and New York which understandably lengthens the timeline of any deliverable and creates additional challenges.

Productive, learnt new skill

great place to work. Would work there again, good work ethic everywhere, good rate of pay, pleasant and friendly environment. good benefits. good prospects for upskilling.

Overall would recommend

Good work/life balance compares to other banks Decent training Management at top level have a track record of good stewardship Friendly team mates Location in Marylebone not as favourable as other banks Good facilities for staff - Canteen, Cyclist provision, Onsite Gym

Pros

Facilities

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BNP Paribas. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.2K