BNP Paribas

BNP Paribas Employee Reviews in London

A good place to work, friendly knowledgeable people. Fair salaries , job advancement can be slow as there are limited management roles available. Much outsourcing to Mumbai and Lisbon.
good workplace culture with some very smart individuals in the FO. A lot of misleading communication between London and paris which was more acute after Brexit.
Pros
Good flexibility
Cons
A bit too french !!
Typical Day would consist of ensuring staffing levels where appropriate and building staff where presentable. reviewing any issues which have occurred overnight. Any planned events taking place on the day on in advance. ensuring the Statutory Compliance is up to date. Processing Invoices, Site Auditing, Approving quotations if required. Meetings with Clients and Tenants, updating any planned works. Health and Safety checks and reports.
Pros
Satisfaction
Cons
Building was sold and my services where not required.
Bad hours, no career improvement. Worst junior resource selection ever. Very good client. Difficult to be fired. Huge difference among teams. Good deal flow.
BNP Paribas London offers a good work/life balance and the pressure is not too high. However, the job I am doing on a day-to-day basis is redundant and there are very limited opportunities to go on a mission abroad.
Fantastic company to work for, I spent more than 11 years at the company, Everything about the Cultures, works ethics are second to none. I enjoy every day and always looking forward to following day challenges
Pros
excellent atmosphere to work and grow
Cons
You could work yourself dead given the opportunity, reward is great
A hard work ethic prevails like any investment bank, but culturally it's less about being seen to be aggressive/'a winner' and more about delivering success itself.
I worked at BNP Paribas for approximately two years at Marylebone and a short spell in the Aldersgate office, loved working there, great company, really lovely people whom I still see socially, very good Social aspect and fantastic catering facilities. I did work long hours, I was on a daily rate and worked within the Client Services team with maximum exposure to clients and Client Managers, which I really enjoyed and believe excelled at. I was also responsible for Audit ( external clients ) during extremely busy times in particular quarter, half and year end reporting. A great Firm.The hardest part of the job was during staff shortages, month end and Bank Holidays. Tube strikes were also a difficult aspect from Kent.
Pros
Subsidised Lunches
Cons
Long hours and Bank Holiday working ( occasionally )
Good professional people, I learned a lot. Management is flexible and listen to the team. Various product across the world traded in there and communication between all people across the group is well developed and beneficial.
Pros
Cantine
Cons
Cantine
Hard working environment with many opportunities. Value hard work but lacks good work/ life balance. Would recommend this company for young professionals
I worked on a lot of high level programmes which I cannot get too much into for confidential reasons. A typical day at work is very fast paced even though it's an extremely friendly environment. I continue to learn and confirm that it's people that primarily drive projects forward. The hardest part of the job is when egos collide and affect the work on ground. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the deliverables come to fruition on time.
Expert professionals working with high level of conscience and always in the benefit of the clients The company has great values and is constantly improving
I was taken on as a temporary administrator. it was a basic role that I was filling until they had got some new starters trained up and eventually would re integrate my work into there new role. I was give three day to learn how to work on a new system and all the processes. I ended up staying longer than intended as almost all of the department left and new people had to be found to fill there roles. the Management would gossip about other staff members, I later found out that a member of our team found out that there were gossiping about her behind, they soon left.
Pros
good company outtings, great co- workers
Cons
horrible atmosphere
Fantastic company with great work ethic and structured environment. Great opportunities and connections in Europe. If you are passionate about what you do, give it a try!
Fantastic employer, great benefits, work life balance, training and development, holidays, management, career progression
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Colleagues are very experienced and intelligent; however, HR does not do a great job to ensure that people find positions that they want or have the necessary skills for.
Pros
Nice people, good environment
Cons
HR is not that great
The employees working in the London offices are clearly passionate about their roles and work long and hard hours to produce the best outcomes for the company, a thriving environment in which one can only aspire to be a part of. Relationships across sectors, particularly on the trading floor are promising and there is a sense of real community and positivity.
Pros
Great cafeteria, excellent accessibility by public transport
started on a 3 month contract. still here after 2 1/2 years and still enjoying it. very relaxed atmosphere. I have been cross trained within my department.
Pros
work life balance is great
Cons
job security
Most areas of the company are brilliant, most want to see you succeed, however there are some that will try to stunt your progress as they have taken a disliking to you, I have seen this with other staff members not being offered roles which they were promised etc.
Working in an extremely professional environment it was key to be able to work alongside senior management as well as with contractors. Working without direction to ensure all support, hard and soft services ran smoothly at all times. All members of the team worked flexibly and with excellent rapport. I particularly enjoyed the variance of tasks within the role.
Pros
excellent working environment
Cons
Long commute
Gostei muito do pessoal e trabalho enquanto permaneci na BNP Paribas. Bom ambiente de trabalho, sem exigência de horas extras e bons salários.
Pros
Refeição na empresa
Cons
Não fornece VR, na modalidade contrato temporário.