BNP Paribas

BNP Paribas Employee Reviews in London

A good place to work, friendly knowledgeable people. Fair salaries , job advancement can be slow as there are limited management roles available. Much outsourcing to Mumbai and Lisbon.
Busy day at work with a high degree of responsibility given to the individual. Siloed teams can conflict with firm wide project initiatives.
Pros
Nice people to work with
Cons
Company Strategy has changed many times
Great experience in one of europe's leading investment banks. International work environment with highly skilled colleagues who took plenty of time to train me and integrate me in the commodity derivatives business. As an intern I learnt about derivatives, hedging strategies, commodity markets, credit counterparty risk and the credit aspects of deal structuring. I was entirely integrated in the team and felt that my work added value to the business. Tasks included exposure analysis and VAR simulations, writing business support memos, measuring the profitability of trading lines, defining credit terms in legal documentation, automating reports with VBA, and data analysis.
I learnt a great deal about commercial property management. There was great team spirit and team activities. I enjoyed working for private clients who demanded a great level of attention and generally wanted to be closely involved with the management of their property assets
A good place to work. very good life balance. Company that take in consideration employee family life and commitment. encourage job mobility, which allow me to work in different roles.
Whilst being a high profile financial institution with high business expectations because of the professionals that they hired the experience was as enjoyable as it was hard-working and rewarding.
A typical day would start at 6.30 and finding out what has been happing in the financial world overnight. Then one would start trading at 8 until 4.30pm when the European markets close. BNP has a good work/life balance and they give importance to personal commitments. Co-workers are fun and relaxed.
Pros
Cons
Stressful environment
3 month contact covering for sickness. Covering Fixed Income Euroclear unmatched I worked with a great team and the management advised that they would definately consider me for a role in the future that fitted my criteria if it became available
Pros
Great work ethic
Cons
Location not great (Marylebone)
Social environment. Care about people feeling well at work. Reluctancy in adopting new technologies and ideas. Lack of transparency, leading to potentially incorrect decisions.
There is no typical day at work due to the demanding factors and challenging environment at financial market which influence the day to day tasks.
was understaffed at the time so extremely long hours of physical work. not much by way of career prospects when I was there, on a temp contract. The management wanted to extend but Head office wanted to reduce costs so was not kept on. Employed through an agency - Falconwood in Bromley who were not kind.
Cons
long hours, no prospects
Cette entreprise n'existe plus car rachetee par le groupe Credit Agricole. Elle se distinguait par une culture d'entreprise forte et offrait a ses employees un equilibre personnel et professionnel
Busy workload Good learning environment Complete monitoring of all EMEA business clients Escalate issues to relevant support teams Documentation support
Good working environment Complete monitoring of all business clients system Escalate issues to relevant support teams Documentation support
A day would involve data analysis. Management was friendly and accomodating. Coworkers were polite, but quiet. The complexity and spread of data could be difficult to manage at times, but the overall sense of accomplishment was rewarding.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Good working atmosphere, but not the most competitive environment. BNP is a good bank concerning the quantitative opportunities.
L'équipe Corporate Finance de BNP Paribas est très expérimentée et internationale ce qui en fait un acteur incontournable du M&A en France
A nice bank and nice people. Nice office facilities with Michel Roux restaurants. Good co-operation with staff around the world
Me gustó mucho trabajar en el departamento de asesoramiento estratégico por su equipo pluridisciplinario y sus proyectos interesantes y ambiciosos. Había una gran diversidad de aspectos técnicos y comerciales que fascinaban.
Pros
Proyectos muy interesantes
Learned new skills working with a bunch of talented professionals.
When I worked for BNP Paribas it was a new team in Compliance and I didn't have any handover, but there was a very high staff turnover in Compliance, which was difficult at times. A typical day for me was more of an administrative role, rather than full Compliance as there was a high demand from the Head Office in Paris for various ad hoc duties and statistics were required. Sanctions checking and PEP checking, stationery orders, arranging travel were all part of my day. Most enjoyable part of the job was I was always kept busy and there were fast deadlines.