BNP Paribas

BNP Paribas Employee Reviews in Mumbai, Maharashtra

I came from a reconciliation background in my previous job and at BNP I learnt alot about the Trade Settlement profile, especially the Listed Derivatives world which is so much more interesting. It has helped me better understand Hedging and Arbitrage
Good place to work. Brings out your hobbies as well as enhances work. Great training programs for personality development. Good Management and easy to communicate. Understanding counterparts. Gives opportunity to travel abroad for new process migration.
Pros
In between free time for breaks
Cons
Stretched working hours
Both organisations are best place to work and make our long term career.Ther are also providing financial help for your study and help us our leadership skills by providing internal training.
work was challenging and fun environment. Good environment to learn more about transaction banking from team. Learned more products in one team within short period of time. had very good experience.
overall rating 5 star, save for the indian management, which was & will always be abysmal. a typical day at work was exhilarating & fun. I've learnt just everything from this institution. hardest part was change. most enjoyable extrracuricular activities.
Pros
benefits aplenty
Cons
poor indian management
Enjoyed overall association with lot of learning and growth. Spent around 7 years with the organization and that way got chance to enhance and sharpen my skills.
Good place to work, good job security,good compensation, sometimes have to stretch due to high volumes, but still a good place to work, work life balance depends which department you will be working for.
This the best place to work on. You get good recognition of your work. If you don't perform well here you get training of the topic you are lagging behind.
Pros
Day shift
I have been working at BNP Paribas full-time (More than 8 years) Pros 1) Good working environment 2) Work Life Balance 3) Pick and drop facility, subsidized lunch/dinner. 4) Management provide options to work in different streams. Cons 1) No salary corrections as per market standards. 2) Only 1 location in Mumbai (Goregaon E) 3) Old applications Advice to Management 1) Should open multiple locations in Mumbai 2) Long term employees should be retained through salary corrections as per market standards.
Learned a lot of challenging thing to work . Management was focused and well on track to understand the market needs . Senior helpful to guide an intern .
I had a good experience with the company and got many new things to learn as part of my job. BNP has a great work culture and as part of my project I got an opportunity to work onsite in USA.
Pros
Interactive work place
Cons
Budgeting in BNP is a very hectic and volumnous activity, where in we have to work sometimes for 16-18 hrs and even weekends. But for learning wise it was good experience to know how Budget is done in big organisations.
Good company overall . Quality of day to day work depends entirely on the team you are been assigned to.Work / Life balance is good but compensation is not up to the mark.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Less compensation
BNP Paribas ispl is located in goregaon not well connected with other parts of Mumbai. Working here is good but might hinder your work life balance depending on your team and your work.
Pros
Shift allowance
Cons
Low on resources, No recreational activities
It was fun working at BNP, and some aspects were too good to learn new technology like TIBCO. The work atmosphere and the HR policies were cooperative for the employees.
The collateral Management Operations team is a good team to work with,you won't need any financial knowledge though,it is a very mechanical job to be precise
In BNP I was worked as a outsource thou I was having all the system rights as the permanent employees. We do have all the canteen facility with a minimal charges. I have learned FCNR FD liquidation and prematurity in a organised manner. They do give pickup and drop facility for their staffs.
Overall good experience for me to work for last 2.5 years with good worklife balance. However there us very less scope for technical advancement as it uses very old technologies.
Pros
Healthy worklife balance
Cons
No technical and functional advancement
BNP Paribas ISPL cater to APAC,EMEA and NA regions. It provides excellent work culture and work life balance when it comes to EMEA and NA projects, however, APAC projects are quite demanding in nature(mainly because EMEA and NA projects are managed well from onshore as compared to APAC projects). The management at BNPP ISPL is supportive and considerate and normally takes a firm stand for the teams/individuals for reasonable causes.The only point of improvement for the management is they can look to recognize individuals' contributions in a manner better than the current one. The organization lacks long term onsite opportunities for the individuals , therefore , if someone is looking for onsite opportunities , then this place is not for him/her. Typically onsite exposure can last from 2 weeks-1 month except in a few exceptional cases. Overall, the organization can look to think out of the box and come out of the traditional practices followed since ages.
Good environment . swift working, learning and growth on same pace, employees and seniors are good and helpful and well mannered. HR department is well to do, easy responses and clients are helpful.
Pros
good location
Good Organisation with helpful upper Level management. All the employees are indeed very cooperative and always have an positive attitude with always ready to help attitude.