BNP Paribas logo
BNP Paribas

BNP Paribas Employee Reviews in Jersey City, NJ

Found 106 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,838 reviews

Good benefits/time off

BNP Paribas provides good benefits and time-off. There are ongoing restructures and offshoring which occurs. Working hours at BNP Paribas can be long depending on team.

Globally diverse organization with many opportunities for advancement.

BNP PARIBAS is a leading provider of financial services globally with a significant presence in North America. If you are looking for a career with the potential for upward mobility than BNP Paribas is definitely worth consideration.

Pros

Respectful work environment

Cons

n/a

Not a fun place

A lot of pressure to deliver in short time and always short handed. A lot of company politics. There is no support and training to improve your skill.

Overall a great experience

I worked at BNP for 5 years as a consultant and then a perm employee. Even as a consultant I was treated like I was a regular perm employee. Management was great in supporting you and I always felt they had my back. Made alot of great lasting relationships there, sadly it came to an end when they decided to offshore about 100 jobs to India to save money. Pay (at least for VP's) was probably 20% of market, they tried to make up for it with great benefits (7 weeks vacation), but I would have much rather had 3 weeks and an extra 20k. Those extra 4 weeks dont help pay for y kids tuition lol All told, excellent place to work.

unproductive workplace

The company caters to the French. It is a corrupt and untrustworthy company that lies to its employees. The company cut costs to benefit the top brass and looks down on the associates. The systems that they implemented are cheap and cause much stress to the employees. There is a lot of favoritism and I had to leave the company because the place is toxic to work for. It is dysfunctional from upper management on down. It's sad that people are scared to speak out because if they do the company finds a way to lay the associate off.

Top-tier bank with excellent benefits and progressive culture

Wonderful culture and collaborative environment. The management is supportive, compensation fair, and benefits are beyond compare. I highly recommend BNPP.

Working in Production Support & Projects

I enjoy my work environment, I get to experience both part from Consulting Services to Production Support. I get to share my past experience where applicable.

Great benefits and people but job security worries linger

The company has amazing benefits and does its best to provide work-life balance. Unfortunately there are on-going initiatives to relocate positions in NYC area to other regions across the country and in global offices. This has resulted in the reduction of great staff and increased workloads on existing staff with no direction of where they futures lie within the company.

Overall better than American banks

Laid back attitude being French bank Pretty good process orientation Friendly coworkers and sub teams Easy commute to JC and NYC office OK learning experience

Pros

Great benefits and superb PTO than American banks

Cons

Manager sucks that depends on your team though, Management and HR totally sucks big time. Career advancement depends on who you know.

The company is unorganized and offers very little training classes to advance your career. They do offer a decent work/life balance and the pay is okay.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at BNP Paribas?

Good work life balance and benefits

Good work life balance as this is a European bank. Benefits are also good, with Vice President roles and above getting 34 days or annual leave per year.

Professional and Productive

I enjoyed the professional and yet relax environment. This combination was crucial for completing a complex project. Stakeholders participation and acceptance of the project task was also an important aspect of the project because of the transformational scope of the project.

Stepping Stone to go somewhere else

Unless you are French or you know someone you will not go anywhere in this company. You're most likely to be replaced by a someone in Portugal then you are to be promoted. I can't speak for everywhere else in the company but at least in operations your career will go nowhere. If you do go here stay here for a year or two and then move on.

Great place

No real complaints, but I have hit a ceiling with no real way around it. It's a great company with great PTO and benefits, and a close knit style team work environment.

Pros

Pto

Cons

Far commute

Overall. It was agood experiance

Overall. It was agood experience. Will recommend to the people. Nice work environment. Management is happy to have you. The company culture is excellent.

Was not employed for very long.

Was not employed for very long. So its really not applicable. Was also not a employee but a temporary consultant as my resume reflects for a job requirement for a project.

Great place if you know the right people

A lot of cronyism where I worked but other divisions I guess were ok from what I heard. But bottom line is if you are not French you are not excelling to the top.

Pros

Exorbitant amount of time off as a VP, great medial benefits, 401k, and discounts

Cons

Not many

Fun Productive

I enjoyed working the people at BN and I learned a lot. Help me grow professionally and made a lot of friends. Work place culture is laid back and the most enjoyable part of the job was learning and the people I work with.

Very happy to work there.

Great people to work with. Middle Office was a new position for me and I learned a lot. Prior to Fixed income Middle Office I always worked in Back Office Operations, Settlements, Reconciliations,Cash Management,and Funding.

Pros

Great supporting cast

Cons

Always eating at your desk

Bnp p

BNPP is a French-owned company with offices in New York. They also own the Bank of the West in San Francisco. The culture at BNPP is very different than all the organizations I worked for.

Employer with good benefits; wach out for dinosaur ideas and people

Title says all. Case in point: A mobility program was offered for eployees who were more than X no of years in a job. The people who applied for it were laid off !

Pros

Vacation time

Cons

Career is sacrified

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BNP Paribas. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.2K