BNP Paribas

BNP Paribas Employee Reviews for Associate

BNPP is a solid bank, so job security is pretty much guaranteed, as long as you perform "as expected". Pay is where it usually hurts, to be seen if the bank will adapt more to the market. For now, talent seems to leave the bank much more than advance internally.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Low pay
Coming from another European bank (NYC CIB office) it has been refreshing over the past three years to observe much more balanced and clear management. Systems are difficult at times (though is the case for all big banks) but attention and money are put toward improvements. I like my team and division - I suspect experiences will differ accordingly. Good pay and excellent benefits. Bonuses could be bigger but that's what everyone says everywhere.
Management plays favorites and bullies out the ones they don’t like.Some senior managers can’t navigate MS Office and simple tasks. Face time pressure and politics play heavy role.
I worked as an associate in Financial Control team, ISPL. It was the worst team ever. Lot of politics and groupism. No credit for work given. Very stressful and tensed work culture. Would recommend not to join this team.
Not upto that level where other banks have already reached. Still working on automation Systems are not updated Using multiple applications for a single activity Management don't take decisions quickly
Starts with an sod report Check the trades to be matched and to communicate with the clients. To send reports to the clients to verify matching of sensitive clients.
Technology is too slow More IT ISSUES Less recognition Do hear to the lower level staff Provide good perks to employees as theybwork hard whole year Need to listen to employees point of view
Good to learn for the fresher's Learn about the basic of capital markets If we have experience in investment banking Field, it is an advantage. Be confident we say something.
I was bullied by my former manager (she was not my initial hiring manager). She damaged my reputation and appraisal, making it not only difficult working and keeping my dignity on a daily basis, but also sabotaged my career and evolution within the bank. It was such a pity that for such a female-run hierarchy, very little was done to challenge the bully's behavior. Like harassment, it is usually the target that ends up leaving the company. HR is all about image and publicity on topics of diversity and respect in the workplace, but it appears to do very little efforts to improve age-old problems of harassment perpetrated by "important" and profit-generating employees. On the other hand, I give credit to the Corporate Banking world as a whole - management and staff in general are very helpful, cooperative, and generally great to work with. I am grateful for having worked with this bank. I was just unfortunate to fall under the wrong management.
Good company with great level of CSR activities and programs. Good people and talented minds to work with. Salary and benefits on par with industry. Infrastructure is good and lively.
Pros
Subsidies lunch
Cons
Long hours and less opportunity.
- Good learning experience in terms of my profile regulatory reporting. - A flavour of European culture. - Good management . - Focuses on social causes .
Worked as a transaction processing specialist with strict deadlines. It helped me to learn to complete my job within specified time limits without any delay, highly client oriented company.
Pros
Various training programmes for employee overall development
Cons
Working long hours
There is scope for movement and there is a good working life balance. You are encouraged to learn new skills and to take part in 'Campus' training modules to enhance your skill set
Enjoyed working with the colleagues (fun). Had a good section head and open communications within the section. Overall, it was a great place to work.
No work life balance in APAC. Long hours of stretch. Non supportive management. Bad location to travel during rains. Work on holidays without allowances.
Bon collègues, mais management déficiant ou absent
not satisfied with the with the overall management. The work culture is very disappointin.Very monotonous job. No challenges in day to day working.overall a bad experience
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long work hours
Nature of Job is Excellent good trainings great infrastructure sports and activities frequent competitions good hr policies great cafetaria shift timings are flexible
I have been working with BNP Paribas for the past 15 years, started my career as an employee on the counter to be a customer service officer, then customer service manager, then a priority banking officer, After that joined the corporate division as an associate. During all those years and roles, BNP P was a home to me and colleagues were family.
Had a wonderful time working in this department. Bosses were friendly and humble. All doubts can be clarified and explained clearly. Small department but all enjoyed each other's company.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
depressing the department dealt in asset restructuring
busy day, nice work location, management is too good. get a chance to wrok in different process in just a ahort span of time. Getting adjusted to a anew process was a little bit hardest part of the job