BNP Paribas

BNP Paribas Employee Reviews for Compliance Officer in London

I always say people don't leave the Company/ Bank, people leave and move because of the individuals they work with as well as the management styles. BNP Paribas is a great bank to work for but i found their management style is very different to the usual norm. After working at BNP i now know why employees do not trust HR, HR indeed works with management and do not care about the ethical well being of employees which is really sad. You have managers that are clueless about the job and you wonder how they made it to the promotion at the same time making their colleagues life very miserable which results to a toxic and unhealthy workplace. I have to say during my time at BNP i am very disappointed with the management style.
Pros
The bank has alot of opportunities to grow
Cons
Horrific manager
Overall a good Company, days are typically long - although 9-5, it would be expected that you stayed until it is done. Some management can be challenging however, a good job was always rewarded at the end of the year. The hardest part of the job is dealing with regulatory requirements and changes as rules change constantly. The most enjoyable part of the job is it's diversity of people. Being an International Bank, you would meet and enjoy the company of people from all over the world.
Pros
Good Pension Scheme; Health Insurance; Annual Bonuses
Cons
Long Hours. The outsourcing functions can be challenging.
Fantastic employer, great benefits, work life balance, training and development, holidays, management, career progression
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
When I worked for BNP Paribas it was a new team in Compliance and I didn't have any handover, but there was a very high staff turnover in Compliance, which was difficult at times. A typical day for me was more of an administrative role, rather than full Compliance as there was a high demand from the Head Office in Paris for various ad hoc duties and statistics were required. Sanctions checking and PEP checking, stationery orders, arranging travel were all part of my day. Most enjoyable part of the job was I was always kept busy and there were fast deadlines.
Challenging environment made easier by team members and colleagues.