BNP Paribas

BNP Paribas Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

I found the working environment friendly and respectful. Managers there get employee feedback monthly. I felt I contributed to business improvements.
Pros
45 minute lunch
Cons
Travelling distance
Not how you think they are. Only 1-2 mangers that was supportive would help. Rest had fav and some adviser would start talking behind other members back. Toxic place.
Cons
Very long hours
It was my best experience till now we had a high sense of team work and the culture of the company is beyond all expectations however the salary is a bit lower but you have other benifits
Amazing management and colleagues. Many things learnt. Everyone was supportive. Nice atmosphere. Gifts, rewards and summer party. ‚Äź--------‚Äź---------
Good training, and setting. good shifts to work, business open 365 days, good friendly setting.good place to get to from various areas as Solihull is easy to commute to.
A typical day at work is rewarding. There is always a possibility to attend a course of your choice even subsidised studies in order to advance your career path. There is good management support. The benefits are good.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Started off great which quickly changed, management do not care about the welfare of their employees or their mental health most of them aren't trained on other departments of the business. Expect to work mostly weekend and late shifts as most of the staff have left there is nearly zero work life balance and booking holidays/half days is impossible often being put on rota in the middle of your time off, there is a constant queue of calls to work through daily with very difficult customers most of the time. The systems are out dated and break a lot also don't believe all they tell you in the interview/training as most of it was lies. If you value your mental health and having time to yourself steer clear of this company!!!
This has been the worst place I have worked for, the line managers don't know any answers when you ask them something as they haven't been trained in customer service. If you suffer from mental health problems don't go near them, they are not sympathetic at all and there is so much favouritism, when you question it they say that they don't have to give any explanation about it. They are constantly asking you for money for the charity they support and they will go round and round the desks until you give them the money. The contact centre manager is a truly horrible person very cold hearted and does not know how to feel empathy for her employees, she is very intimidating and if you question her or she just takes a dislike on you she will make your work life very difficult until she breaks you. All managers there, cover for each other and there is not a good working atmosphere.
working in collections is fun as there is always a new incentive floating about, BNP is a very friendly place but I would say management is highly unprofessional and does need a brush up, the hardest part of the job is the customers you encounter over the phone but that goes for any job.
Pros
coffee machine
Cons
a favouritism environment
Overall not an unpleasant place to work but they have a pretty rigid pay structure that means they fail to hire of retain the best performers. Decision making all done through Paris, poor on technology and support of global systems.
Pros
Steady employer, unlikely to be fired
Cons
Low pay, slow moving on projects
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at BNP Paribas?
A good place just lacking good management. If you can prove you are useful and can do the tasks they set out for you. Does not accept honesty well. Which prevents them from developing past the status quo. If you have watched the show "Mad Men". It is similar working envorinment at its heart, minus the smoking. If you are good at looking good, greasing palms and can keep a smile, you can do very well.
Pros
Christmas parties and quarterly events.
Cons
"Mad Men" attidude, Lack of diversity.
This bank systems are always down. They have ridiculous unreachable sales goals that can't be met. Also the manager that they hire are terrible. I was harassed by two of my branch managers and HR did nothing about it because I was part time.
I feel like BNP Paribas is a good place to work as the work environment is great. Everyone gets along with each other and you dont feel restricted to a certain extent as it is a professional work place. I am very quiet however since I started working here I became more open and was comfortable very quick.
The positives of BNP was the salary, the location & the people I met. The downside was at my time there was alot of changes going on of team leaders which created uncertainty with so many new starters. This coupled with large amount of overtime. At month end you could work a 15 hour day.
Pros
Pay, location
Cons
Long Hours, Staff turnover, working atmosphere
Within my time at BNP I did enjoy what the company had to offer in events and activities however within my department I experienced very little rushed and vague training and was expected to be able to perform tasks untrained with very little assistance, this then became my problem when work was not completed on time despite not being given the appropriate support. As a whole I do not think BNP is a bad company at all but the CS department is very poorly managed with a revised training strategy in desperate need.
It was my first job as a customer services, so can not say but that I was learning & learning & learning. Everything was new and I was excited about the job.
Was a pleasure working with Fortis Bank, India Representative Office. The Head Office in Brussels took extreme care of the colleagues outside Belgium. The management during their regular visits interacted with each and every employee on a personal level as well.
Pros
Complete transparency with the management
Cons
the bank was taken over
Meet the requirements and deadlines were a big part of my experience there
Meeting and Greeting all guest including VIP Data craft booking system Answering all calls promptly 5* Star service
Cons
Attended the summer training in BNP PARIBAS in ALEX from 2007 to 2009 trained in the following sections : Treasury - Customer service - Sales ‚Äď operations
A typical work day was always learning something new. The position itself was both very interesting and challenging which made it enjoyable. The people are very friendly and always assisting when needed.
  1. Customer Service Representative