BNP Paribas

BNP Paribas Employee Reviews for Intern in London

Very boutique-like atmosphere. Very strong desire to hire VP and higher level employees from BB banks, at the same time, Analyst to Associate level employees are not usually employed from own internship programs and are hired from second tier small banks, making hiring politics very inconsistent .
Great experience in one of europe's leading investment banks. International work environment with highly skilled colleagues who took plenty of time to train me and integrate me in the commodity derivatives business. As an intern I learnt about derivatives, hedging strategies, commodity markets, credit counterparty risk and the credit aspects of deal structuring. I was entirely integrated in the team and felt that my work added value to the business. Tasks included exposure analysis and VAR simulations, writing business support memos, measuring the profitability of trading lines, defining credit terms in legal documentation, automating reports with VBA, and data analysis.
I learnt about many areas of day to day life in a tax department such as the bank levy, HMRC and manufactured dividends, many projects concerning proposed transactions, code of practice on taxation for banks, Ernst and Young new short term Business traveller system, offshore employment intermediaries and more.
Good, solid bank !! Again Learnt a lot. Although there was a bit too bureaucratic.