BNP Paribas

BNP Paribas Employee Reviews for Risk Analyst

Good place to work and get experience. Helpful staff and relaxed work culture however its too French and if you don't speak the language or are not french very hard to get noticed and no career progression.Salary is low compared to other banks.
Pros
Good Canteen
Cons
Only good for French people, borderline racism exists.
Working as a consultant at BNP Paribas was a great experience. Had the opportunity to work with different number of teams upstream and downstream on different topics. I learnt a lot on all relevant aspects to do with my role. The culture within my team and with others also was great as we worked well together and would have team lunches and other out of work social events too. The hardest part of my job was probably situations were there we system issues that took long to fix and there was pressure from downstream teams to receive results and trying to deal with every call or email in time. This would also involve working long hours. However, still enjoyed the helpfulness of all teams that would be involved in fixing these issues from development to IT Support.
Pros
Great culture, free things from events
Cons
Long hours, constant team transitions at times
Depends on teams but great overall. Good engagement sessions. Can grow and learn new things. Good work life balance. Good mix of European and American culture,
Diverse Environment. International Banking and Markets were challenging. Supportive management. Learned about letters of credit and commodities trading.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
International banking challenges with time zones
Risk analysts at the Scoring Centre handle several projects simultaneously, work with clients located in different countries and internal bank clients.The team is multi-cultural and very dynamic, innovative methods are welcomed, research and development take an important place in the workflow. The most enjoyable part of the job is the variety of products, environments and subjects to deal with. The hardest part of it is finding the best possible way of working with faraway clients.
‚ÄĘ Actively participated in all aspects of IT and systems-related tasks, including documentation of project needs, analysis/research of needs and possible solutions ‚ÄĘ Identified technology and business solutions; gathered, understood and documented and optimized business processes; reviewed process workflow mapping ‚ÄĘ Collaboratively built comprehensive business processes including risks, failures and disturbances and worked with project members to give suggestions ‚ÄĘ Analyzed sensitive, complex business processes to prevent potential failures ‚ÄĘ Classified and mapped risk areas to communicate easily with other departments and updated internal documents ‚ÄĘ Analyzed COBIT framework and internal documents to compare two methods of IT Governance ‚ÄĘ Wrote report of a detailed methods comparison to provide proof for internal Bank Auditors on significance IT Governance solutions
Currently, I am in charge of assessing the counterparty/credit risks attached to the portfolio by reviewing/analysing the counterparty's strategy, performance and infrastructure (risk and operations). As one of my colleague is in maternity leave, and the other colleague just left the company, I am in charge of all daily activities and report directly to the manager. Therefore, it is not always easy to finish all work and this oblige me to stay later every evening. I can learn more from my manager as I am alone. As I am rigorous, able towork quickly I am able to submit all prioritized file at the deadline.
Pros
nice work place
Cons
Typical working hours with lots of vacations.Fair bosses who listens to your concerns and judges your job most of the time instead of judging you.One of the best place to work if you are in banking industry.