BNP Paribas

BNP Paribas Culture reviews

Hong Kong38 reviews

Clear

Found 12 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,248 reviews

Work-life balance and acceptable workload

Management is usually from France so it's hard for progression. Workload is reasonable so you could find work-life balance here. No ad-hoc task will be required as this is a slow-paced company. People are nice and helpful to work with. Do not expect a good salary increment and bonus in annual review even when you got promoted.

Pros

work-life balance

Cons

not a competitive salary package

The company does not offer employee the visibility for growth.

The company is slow in reaction to external events (e.g. pandemic, war, etc.) which often require quick action on business continuity plan.It is also slow in embracing globalization or international cultures. As a minority, I don't feel respected or treated fairly in the team.The management failed to offer employee the visibility for growth. Role is often one dimensional and lack of development.

nice working culture

nice working culture, people are generally nice and less intensive compared to other major investment bank

Workplace culture

A reputed French Bank, with diversified culture among different regional offices. A very good opportunities to liaise with colleagues in APAC, such as Singapore, India, China, Australia.

Typical large bank working culture

BNP Paribas is a decent place to work but has the typical traits of a large bank. Welfare is good while workplace culture needs improvement. The bank in general is very slow to take up on new trends and faces tough challenges going ahead.

A place of work life balance

Fast pace and priority setting are the most appropriate description of my previous job. I have learned to be a positive and all-rounded employee as I need to face different client and internal issues everyday. Whether the hardest or the most enjoyable part of the job is personnel issues. I enjoy working with my direct relationship manager and my teammates as well. However, it could be a messy day when I need to deal with some difficult clients or internal colleagues who are uncooperative. It's really a good place to train up my interpersonal skill indeed.

Good Culture

Very supportive culture and good people. Surrounded with talented management whom are easily approachable when advice or assistance is needed. Great work life balance

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

productive and fun place with free coffee

it is a productive and fun place with free coffee. Also it is a ncie place to learn the process in investment banking and a big corp culture,

Pros

free high tea often

Cons

long working hours

This is the company I love to work for again if possible

I started to work for the investment bank named Paribas and later merged with BNP to become BNP Paribas. I had good time there. Most of the management people were from France and are very nice. I'm proud and great that I have an opportunities to work there. The co-workers were nice to each other even there were some office politics between some departments. The hardest part of the job was to handle some high net worth customers' complaints. The most enjoyable part of the job was people understand each other's requirement when you have to work with a few departments.

Very interesting and challenging work environment. Fast-paced and demanding.

A very interesting organisation to work in, especially with regional role. Work hard, play hard and pay well. A good environment to learn Culture of the organisation : team work, helping each other

Pros

Good remuneration package

Cons

Long working hours (between 12-14 hours on working days, required flexibility on weekends as well)

n/a

BNP Paribas has given me a lot of opportunities and flexibility on my career. The people that I work with have all been very nice and helpful.

Nothing to tell

Do daily tasks as written in the resume. Colleagues very nice.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BNP Paribas. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare BNP Paribas with