BNP Paribas

BNP Paribas Job Security & Advancement reviews

Colleagues work as a team with respect even if they are across regions/countries. However the overall setup of the bank's technology/process are outdated.
Excellent systems. Management willing to do whatever necessary to enable traders. Management has a well balanced approach to trading risk. great work life balance.
BNP Paribas is a decent place to work but has the typical traits of a large bank. Welfare is good while workplace culture needs improvement. The bank in general is very slow to take up on new trends and faces tough challenges going ahead.
Pay and work life balance was good. Career advancement for non-french citizens unrealistic. Management hit or miss. Difficult to compete with larger investment banks.
Very supportive culture and good people. Surrounded with talented management whom are easily approachable when advice or assistance is needed. Great work life balance
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Work was not easy but you enjoy working with the co-workers. You learnt how to enjoy your life and work efficiently. I had the opportunities to work with different vendors and learnt how to negotiate the contracts to benefit the company more. Good challenges.
It is a good place to change my career path. It accepts people from different streams i.e can meet people in different backgrounds.
The team was very good and patient in helping me adapt to new tasks which I was initially unfamiliar with. A strong work ethic was visible within the entire organization.
Pros
Location of the company
Overall environment is good with support from the management when needed. You have the ability to prove yourself with close interaction with management and colleagues; take position of projects or deals, though difficult to breakthrough once you reach a management position: lack of visibility, but not necessarily in possibilities. Networking becomes an important part of your daily life in the end to be seen and heard.
Pros
flexibility at work
Cons
evolution in your career
BNP Paribas has given me a lot of opportunities and flexibility on my career. The people that I work with have all been very nice and helpful.
- to hold responsibilities in a pressurized environment - to develop essential skills to perform in the Capital Markets world - to implement and challenge theoretical and technical fundamentals I learned throughout my studies