BNP Paribas

Hong Kong38 reviews

Clear
3.6Job Security & Advancement

Found 13 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,248 reviews

Work-life balance and acceptable workload

Management is usually from France so it's hard for progression. Workload is reasonable so you could find work-life balance here. No ad-hoc task will be required as this is a slow-paced company. People are nice and helpful to work with. Do not expect a good salary increment and bonus in annual review even when you got promoted.

Pros

work-life balance

Cons

not a competitive salary package

Worldwide company

Short period of working period, not much comments on this company Resign due to personal family issues Working environment is good but paced is a bit slow

Excellent technology and systems

Excellent systems. Management willing to do whatever necessary to enable traders. Management has a well balanced approach to trading risk. great work life balance.

Work place with good work life balance

Colleagues work as a team with respect even if they are across regions/countries. However the overall setup of the bank's technology/process are outdated.

Typical large bank working culture

BNP Paribas is a decent place to work but has the typical traits of a large bank. Welfare is good while workplace culture needs improvement. The bank in general is very slow to take up on new trends and faces tough challenges going ahead.

Low stress, but low upside

Pay and work life balance was good. Career advancement for non-french citizens unrealistic. Management hit or miss. Difficult to compete with larger investment banks.

Best environment to work

I have working there for about a year and it provides the best environment to grow your career experience.

Good Culture

Very supportive culture and good people. Surrounded with talented management whom are easily approachable when advice or assistance is needed. Great work life balance

Pros

Work life balance

Fine - the French bosses were very nice

Work was not easy but you enjoy working with the co-workers. You learnt how to enjoy your life and work efficiently. I had the opportunities to work with different vendors and learnt how to negotiate the contracts to benefit the company more. Good challenges.

It is a good place to change my career path

It is a good place to change my career path. It accepts people from different streams i.e can meet people in different backgrounds.

Productive company with strong team.

The team was very good and patient in helping me adapt to new tasks which I was initially unfamiliar with. A strong work ethic was visible within the entire organization.

Pros

Location of the company

Good workplace

Overall environment is good with support from the management when needed. You have the ability to prove yourself with close interaction with management and colleagues; take position of projects or deals, though difficult to breakthrough once you reach a management position: lack of visibility, but not necessarily in possibilities. Networking becomes an important part of your daily life in the end to be seen and heard.

Pros

flexibility at work

Cons

evolution in your career

n/a

BNP Paribas has given me a lot of opportunities and flexibility on my career. The people that I work with have all been very nice and helpful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BNP Paribas. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare BNP Paribas with

• BNP Paribas
  • Job Security & Advancement
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?