BNP Paribas

BNP Paribas Management reviews

Hong Kong38 reviews

Clear

Found 12 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,245 reviews

Work-life balance and acceptable workload

Management is usually from France so it's hard for progression. Workload is reasonable so you could find work-life balance here. No ad-hoc task will be required as this is a slow-paced company. People are nice and helpful to work with. Do not expect a good salary increment and bonus in annual review even when you got promoted.

Pros

work-life balance

Cons

not a competitive salary package

The company does not offer employee the visibility for growth.

The company is slow in reaction to external events (e.g. pandemic, war, etc.) which often require quick action on business continuity plan.It is also slow in embracing globalization or international cultures. As a minority, I don't feel respected or treated fairly in the team.The management failed to offer employee the visibility for growth. Role is often one dimensional and lack of development.

Excellent technology and systems

Excellent systems. Management willing to do whatever necessary to enable traders. Management has a well balanced approach to trading risk. great work life balance.

Fast pace and competitive

My position demands my ability to multitask and to prioritize the duties at hand. My major duties include but not limited to schedule management, travel and visa arrangement, communicate between departments, preparation of reports and presentation materials, and issue of invoices. As well during peak seasons, I was able to work overtime to help support the team with success.

nice working culture

nice working culture, people are generally nice and less intensive compared to other major investment bank

Middle management needs to be removed

The middle management are absolutely brainless. Depends on which department you are working for and also the manager as well. The hardest part of the job perhaps is that you would not stand out until you are at some managerial position.

Low stress, but low upside

Pay and work life balance was good. Career advancement for non-french citizens unrealistic. Management hit or miss. Difficult to compete with larger investment banks.

Good Culture

Very supportive culture and good people. Surrounded with talented management whom are easily approachable when advice or assistance is needed. Great work life balance

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

This is the company I love to work for again if possible

I started to work for the investment bank named Paribas and later merged with BNP to become BNP Paribas. I had good time there. Most of the management people were from France and are very nice. I'm proud and great that I have an opportunities to work there. The co-workers were nice to each other even there were some office politics between some departments. The hardest part of the job was to handle some high net worth customers' complaints. The most enjoyable part of the job was people understand each other's requirement when you have to work with a few departments.

Good company overall

Pros -decent and competent colleagues -nice location -interesting company Cons -absurd HR policies -lower compensation than other banks

Productive and fun work place

Supportive management and co-workers. Learnt a lot during my tenure. Received extensive management experience in collaborating with multiple stakeholders from Finance, Operations and IT in UK, US, Hong Kong and India

Good workplace

Overall environment is good with support from the management when needed. You have the ability to prove yourself with close interaction with management and colleagues; take position of projects or deals, though difficult to breakthrough once you reach a management position: lack of visibility, but not necessarily in possibilities. Networking becomes an important part of your daily life in the end to be seen and heard.

Pros

flexibility at work

Cons

evolution in your career

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BNP Paribas. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare BNP Paribas with