BNP Paribas

BNP Paribas Management reviews

My position demands my ability to multitask and to prioritize the duties at hand. My major duties include but not limited to schedule management, travel and visa arrangement, communicate between departments, preparation of reports and presentation materials, and issue of invoices. As well during peak seasons, I was able to work overtime to help support the team with success.
Excellent systems. Management willing to do whatever necessary to enable traders. Management has a well balanced approach to trading risk. great work life balance.
The middle management are absolutely brainless. Depends on which department you are working for and also the manager as well. The hardest part of the job perhaps is that you would not stand out until you are at some managerial position.
Pay and work life balance was good. Career advancement for non-french citizens unrealistic. Management hit or miss. Difficult to compete with larger investment banks.
Very supportive culture and good people. Surrounded with talented management whom are easily approachable when advice or assistance is needed. Great work life balance
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
I started to work for the investment bank named Paribas and later merged with BNP to become BNP Paribas. I had good time there. Most of the management people were from France and are very nice. I'm proud and great that I have an opportunities to work there. The co-workers were nice to each other even there were some office politics between some departments. The hardest part of the job was to handle some high net worth customers' complaints. The most enjoyable part of the job was people understand each other's requirement when you have to work with a few departments.
Pros -decent and competent colleagues -nice location -interesting company Cons -absurd HR policies -lower compensation than other banks
Supportive management and co-workers. Learnt a lot during my tenure. Received extensive management experience in collaborating with multiple stakeholders from Finance, Operations and IT in UK, US, Hong Kong and India
Overall environment is good with support from the management when needed. You have the ability to prove yourself with close interaction with management and colleagues; take position of projects or deals, though difficult to breakthrough once you reach a management position: lack of visibility, but not necessarily in possibilities. Networking becomes an important part of your daily life in the end to be seen and heard.
Pros
flexibility at work
Cons
evolution in your career