Capital One

Capital One Employee Reviews

Showing all 9,600 reviews

Na

It is fun to work Capital One as UAT Automation Test Developer. nice colleague with coordination for work and new working environment to learn and get something new.

Good benefits, great co workers

Great benefits package, morale booster activities were always fu, and team outings too. Co workers were very helpful, and willing to help most of time

Benefits

Cons

Management shows favoritism, ranking system unfair

Easy job, but under appreciated.

The job itself was easy, but dealt with rude/crazy customers and being penalized for bad reviews when customers were impossible to please. In the FAST dept we would get a lot of escalation calls blind transferred to us which would aggravate customers more.

Pros

Worked from home

Cons

Super strict with metrics

A place that puts both its customers and employees first and respected work life balance .

Excelly employer with above average pay and one of a kind benefits . Always opportunity to grow great culture and people. Live one on one training not just theory . It's a company that helps its customers and employees succeed .

Pros

Extraordinary benefits higher salary than top 5 canadian banks, good hours, a brand I believed in and felt proud to work for .

Cons

Good base salaries but small raises

Great people, fun office, good culture

Great people, fun office, good cultureLot of really smart people, promotes movement within company, try lot of different roles, very tech focused, good company to work for

Nice job, pretty good pay

The job site was beautiful and the company is a nice place. My 1st manager I loved, but the 2nd manager made my job very stressful which was ultimately why I left.

Pros

Benefits and college programs

Cons

Strict schedule on phone with very little flexibility, micromanage, and sometimes felt like a number.

Attentive management, good pay, opportunities for advancement . Remote opportunities available and they provide a lot of Paid time off. Bonuses are available for top reps.

Pros

Team outings

Not a good place if you want to advance in your role

Very difficult to grow and they have layoffs every year which can cause a lot of stress. Your manager may change often, which makes it difficult to build a strong relationship with your manager

Pros

They encourage and pay for training

Cons

No advancement

Clear work goals/quotas but unclear strategies, and support/leadership came mostly from peers and not leadership/management.

Culture was consistent, friendly, and respectful. Healthy or effective leadership was lacking and at best inconsistent. Motivation was often challenged due to micro managing or lack of effective practices.

Pros

Work hours were consistent, great peers/co-workers and very good benefits.

Cons

Management.

Great benefits!

It has great benefits to work in this company, the only problem is in the branch level there are only two positions: branch ambassador and market manager, which a promotion branch level is very hard. There are some opportunities from back office, but all depends if your manager helps you to develop the attitudes and skills necessaries to achieve the role.

Pros

Paid time off, 401k, insurance.

Cons

Career development, annual salary increase.

Good place

Great work need better pay , mangers are great ppl to work with . You have all the tools to be better employee and move up in your job . Coworkers are great ppl

Benefits

Cons

Better pay

Capital One is an energizing work environment with talented young people.

I really enjoyed my time at Capital One. It is a young environment and lots of talented people are recruited from top colleges. The campus is beautiful.

Pros

Fun coworkers, lots of perks

Cons

Hard interview process

Work with really smart people who are also really nice

Great place to work! Clear sense of mission. Values based leadership. Transparent and collaborative culture. People around you genuinely want to help each other do their best work.

Clean workplace very secure

This job will teach you so much about the real world and real life situations, very good to get you prepared to eventually get into the real banking world

Pros

Cons

Very very very low paying job, you will not be able to survive living alone in a city at $11 an hour

Great employees to work with. Great relationship with others. Management needs improvement

I loved working with the employees and fostered great relationships.. Management doesn't always seek to understand employee concerns.Request feedback but does little with it

Pros

Employees, flexibility

Cons

Workload, strained relationship with management

It is a great company with great benefits! I love the customers and my co-workers!

It can be crazy sometimes because the lines go up to the doors but it is great to work for capital one! You can have fun and still finish your work! The manager are like your family and sometimes they give you appreciation points!

Pros

Great team and management, great benefits and flexibility!

Cons

Long lines, for the work that we do sometimes not enough pay, customers are rude sometimes and you have to give them the right.

I worked at Capital One for 11 years and it was great

I worked at Capital One for 11 years and worked my way up from a Call Centre agent to working in Projects. It's a great place for learning new skills and learning new roles. Overall management is very supportive, I didn't really have any bad managers. I left to pursue other career paths and have kids.

Pros

Great facilities including a gym.

Cons

Can get stressful at times

Call center

Great place can sometimes be stressful working in a call center . I believe all call center should give a mental day to each employee once a month as a free day off to regain yourself .

Pros

Environment

Cons

Layoffs

Beware of the title: it’s still customer service

I absolutely despise this job. 17.00/hr to use your own internet and lights is ridiculous. I came in thinking this would be a great company to work for but I soon discovered it is nothing but a pipe dream. They have their faves and some of the mentors can be quite demeaning and rude. This has been one of the worst mistakes I’ve ever made.

Pros

Grateful for a job

Cons

Innovative and fun place to work.

Capital One rolls out the red carpet for their employees. From fun days, employee appreciation day and regular Town Hall meetings you are sure to meet and create lasting relationships with your coworkers.

Pros

Monthly Service Awards with lunch included, Fun days, Great People, Innovative, Wonderful Campus, Bikes, A Slide, Swag, Treated like an adult, Flexible lunch hour.

Cons

Pay could be better.

Fake managers

Bad managers fake promises does not care except for managers personal agenda. From the fake leaders on top to the mid levels. They are the worst, no room for advancement unless college educated. Fake career growth opportunities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capital One. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Capital One
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?