Carrier

Carrier Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,210 reviews

relaxed environment

Worked the same position for many years because I like my job. There's no higher positions available but the work life balance is superb for me. Need a strong backbone as sales people can be pushy.

Pros

work from home 10 hrs a week, several free events per year, great travel trips 1-2x a year

Cons

no job growth available, high deductible health insurance only. No branch incentive or bonus.

Great benefits/ High turnover

Lack of support in diversity and ethical issues. Lack of efficient training. Benefits and pay are great but not worth the stress due to heavy workloads. The company culture is diminishing.

Regular

Muchos de los Puestos administrativos son temporales, sindicalizados u outsorcing , aunque es una buena empresa en cuestion de aprendizaje y desarrollo

Great place to work and grow

Working with Carrier has been a huge blessing. I love my job! So much opportunity to advance and management gives me the support I need. My previous company left me with trauma, Carrier has erased most of that and now I am off medication I was on due to stressful situations I had before

Pros

Great cultural, management, great pay

Great Environment. Friendly Coworkers.

I interned here for the spring of 2020. The environment and my coworkers were incredibly friendly and welcoming. When the pandemic hit, the company was incredibly quick to transition to a remote work environment.

Great team

Great team to work with, hands off management style, trusted to do your job and empowered to make decisions. Opportunity to work all over the world in one of the Carrier group companies.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Staying away and long travel

Good pay, bad management

As stated, pay is great. Management is non-responsive with little leadership skills. By leadership skills, I mean helping the employee with their current job as well as prepping them for the next step should they wish to take it. Customer service from 70% of the team is very lackluster.

Hours

They don't tell you the full job ever. Once you are hired you will find out from other people that work there. The job is 7 days a week with no off days unless you take a point. It takes 3 years to get 18hrs of pto. Again, no off days so you are forced to use your points. It leaves little to no time to have a social life. Also, if you are off any days you won't know until the day before. Management does not do well communicating with employees. The only way you find out about anything important is word of mouth from other co workers

Productive and unorganized

It's all about quantity not quality and they will work you to death. Not many off days at carrier. If you have a family this is not the place for you. They will pay you good but will get all of the work out of you that they can.

Great place to work . Love the place , people are nice , hours are good

Working at carrier is a great place to be working at great Environment , well maintained , well organized lovely hours ,people will help you if u ask for help

Pros

Good hours

Cons

Down time

good job

Good job good pay. Teams work well together. As with all large corporations there is a lot of admin work. Flexability if you are in sales. Some positions can be stressful.

Ambiente familiar , colaborativo y exigente con las metas.

Gracias a CARRIER pude participar de grandes proyectos industriales y mineros. También pude obtener un diploma en la prestigiosa Universidad Católica de Chile en eficiencia energética.

Pros

Seguro médico, comunicación interna muy fluida y bidereccional

Cons

Nada. El mejor puesto de mi carrera

Great work life balance but not personal career advancement.

Pros: Work Life Balance, People, and Holiday off to spend with family. Cons: Culture, Lack of attention to important metrics, Implicit Bias, Outside the box thinking. Weekend work. I noticed that diversity and inclusion is just talking points. Although, assembly is majority filled with diversity the management fall short of meeting this requirement. The most difficult part of the job, is seeing the same management members hired over and over with the same result.

Pros

Pros: Work Life Balance, People, and Holiday off to spend with family.

Cons

Unbelievable. I thought I was on Candid Camera.

The workplace can get VERY toxic, so try to stay to yourself. A high percentage (maybe 85%) of the workers are related, so be cautious of who you're talking to.

Could be a great company if management weren't entiry focused on cost

Carrier has a brand with tremendous value and the products were top of the line when I first joined the company. Sadly, management focuses on cost reduction above all else, as evidenced by the continuous efforts to move production out of the U S. to low-cost countries. Lots of talk about quality but any projects to improve processes and products are DOA if you can't take cost out somewhere, even if you are responding to customer dissatisfaction. Salary was above average but employee benefits got worse every year and required bigger and bigger paycheck contributions. Get what you can from working at Carrier but don't be fooled into thinking that your loyalty and hard work will be rewarded - once they don't need you anymore, they will not think twice about cutting your position.

Pros

Higher than average pay

Cons

Company is run by beancounters

Ambiente de trabajo competitivo

Ambiente inclusivo, Tienes tu propia área de cafetería y también comedor, la comida especial esta rica pero se cobra a parte y se tiene que ordenar con un día de anticipación. El ambiente tiende a ser estresante ya que todo urge, casi nunca puedes salir a tu hora tienes que quedarte tiempo extra. Los compañeros tienden a ayudarte cuando tienen oportunidad ya cada quien vive en su mundo y tienen demasiada carga de trabajo. Es muy indispensable el inglés.

Pros

Seguro de gastos médicos mayores, vales, fondo de ahorro, utilidades

Cons

Estrés, todo urge, casi nunca podías salir a tu hora

Not very many opportunities to advance

There are not very many opportunities to advance. Internal applicants are not given any preference, and at times not even given opportunity to interview. Many do not even bother interviewing due to this.

Worst place to work

Absolutely shocking work culture. No respect for their employees or their welfare. Soulless company. They are more interested in statistics, number of calls taken etc. The managers have no training and a bad attitude.

Pros

Absolutely none

Cons

Every aspect

Buena empresa

Es buena empresa lo único malo es q trabajas por contratos de 6 meses y si t llega planta eres afortunado

Mal ambiente de trabajo

Mala, mal ambiente de trabajo, muy bajo sueldo. Te tratan como a un apestado

Good productos and Services

Carrier is a great company, with great people, however, there seems to be a disconnect between upper management and front line employees. Upper management would often make decisions without really taking into account how it would affect the front line employees, therefore making it hard for these employees to do their job. Carrier does not have any formal/structured training program for its employees. In recent times, when a new software package was implemented, it was a total fiasco. For months no one really knew how to properly use this new system to properly do their assigned jobs/tasks.A lot of great people either left or were fired, due to the company loss of profits, because of the decisions of the Upper Management team.Carrier would be a much better place to work if:1 - A better training system was in place, for new hires as well as for any changes to any processes or procedures2 - Employees were viewed as valuable assets not just as a number 3 - There was a better compensation plan, not only for Upper Management and the sales team, but for all employees as well4 - Elimination of the nepotism and favoritism which has existed within the company for a very long time 5 - They would truly promote from within; this is preached but not really practiced

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carrier. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Carrier