Carrier

Indianapolis, IN131 reviews

Found 131 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,223 reviews
utcmexicounionairunithvacassemblylay

Fun work environment

Great place to work but be prepared as it is a “life sentence” . The pay is reasonable for the workload. I would recommend working here it’s fun and pretty laidback

Pros

Easy work

Poor culture

Micro management, management not knowledgeable in the team they lead, forced overtime and holidays, management does not lead by example, management does not value employees

Great place to work and grow

Working with Carrier has been a huge blessing. I love my job! So much opportunity to advance and management gives me the support I need. My previous company left me with trauma, Carrier has erased most of that and now I am off medication I was on due to stressful situations I had before

Pros

Great cultural, management, great pay

Productive and unorganized

It's all about quantity not quality and they will work you to death. Not many off days at carrier. If you have a family this is not the place for you. They will pay you good but will get all of the work out of you that they can.

Good pay, no room for advancement

Good pay but line workers need more opportunities for advancement. I left this company as a line worker and went on to work for another factory as a controls tech. I excel in my new position because I was given a change. This would have never happened at Carrier. If you don’t pass a test carrier won’t give you a chance to work on maintenance. This is not the right way to weed people out. This is also discriminatory because not all people are good at testing.

Love it

I love it it’s a good job u should work here I promise u wil get paid 1200$ per work but you will have to work 6-7 day I’m single with no kids so it’s cool for me plus I have a goal I’m trying to reach WHEN U YOUNG WORK HARD NOW SO LATER U HARDLY HAVE TO WORk

Union sucks pay is average

Amazing facility, average pay the union side of it is very disappointing low wages definitely not union scale benefits are average long hours they don’t pay overtime until you have 40 hours and weekend overtime is based on seniority they almost never hire for first shift also it is filled with many refugees from Asia and Africa so it’s diverse all the high paying jobs are white people

Pros

They hire anyone since pay is below average

Cons

Long hours, no actual skill needed, most foreign people don’t even have high school diplomas but they overlook it for the labor work

Under paid and over worked.

Lack of communication. No structure. I actually use to like the job before I switched positions and saw just how chaotic things are due to no one wanting and willing to work together as a team to make things run smoothly.

Pros

Overtime

Cons

Overtime always mandated, no day as off. No Time for yourself which can be mentally draining.

Funny not funny

I thought it would be a great place to begin my career. It didn't take me long to realize that those in my same field were cold, calculated, and there for themselves only.

Pros

Time off during holidays

Focus not on warehouse workers

The warehouse workers are essential as it pertains to the organizations bottom line yet those workers are treated the worse. They work 7 days a week at the Indiana location so work life balance clearly is of no concern to those in power. Paid time off for seasoned employees is not great. There is no paid sick leave for warehouse employees. These employees are on a point system that is horrible considering there is no paid sick leave. I don't know how a single parent could make it at this organization. When you can't even get sick without receiving a point that's an issue for a company that literally is working their employees into an early grave. As the older employees leave Carrier will find it hard to retain younger staff under these conditions.

Pros

Medical benefits were pretty good but now that's changing for the worse

Cons

Working way too many hours no time for self care or family

tech

Good company long hours. Good company long hours. "Very well structured company with Global presence, excellent work-life balance and good product line to serve various industries around the world. Awesome place to start your career if you are willing to learn and grow in your career. Benefits are average for experience resources but overall, great company to work for

Good weekly pay

It was a decent job with the weekly pay. There is a ton of mandated overtime but they do offer time and a half and double time Sundays. A normal work week is Mon-Thurs 10 hour shifts.

Good job for money

It’s a good place to make money, but don’t expect to much else. The work environment isn’t to healthy visually or mentally. It’s more like a big high school, with clicks even with supervisors and management.

Pros

Good money

Cons

Management, poor work environment, productivity over people, harassing

Work life balance

This place is great if you love an HR that's mantra is "that's what points are for"Dentist appointment-thats what points are forDoctor appointment- that's what points are forCovid related- that's what points are forScheduling anything off in advance-nope, that's what points are forTherapy- that's what points are forWe work 7 days a week, roughly 78 hours on average. We are constantly short staffed. There are no incentives, they have an incentive program but in the year I've been there no one has received anything from it. Management just lies to everyone every week and at every communication meeting. Overall if you have any other option I'd take it. I've never been at a company before that openly hated there employees so much.

Pros

Its union

Cons

Breaks, work life balance, nepotism, terrible hr, no training, short staffed

Long hours and no work life balance

Carrier used to be a good place to work it is a toxic environment now stay away. They work six and seven day a week mandatory overtime. Attendance is horrible and they have poor upper management.

Pros

Salary

Cons

No work life balance

Productive and somewhat of a fun workplace environment

This job is great when it comes to compensation/benefits, but what I don't miss about this job is the blatant homophobia. Place is littered with a bunch of sinning, hypocritical Christians that never read the bible or live by it except when it's time to be loud about their bigotry.

Great position!

I really enjoyed this job but at the time of employment there were not a lot of advancement opportunities to grow in the position I wanted. Thanks for rhe opportunity.

Layed back

This was the most layed back job I ever had . It definitely has lazy people working there but what company don't. I would recommend working there if you like a chilled environment

The company had a good work environment.

Carrier work environment was very family like, the management really did not respect the workers i feel like they were appreciated. A mid pace job, not a stressful job overall.

Working at Carrier

It’s very stressful and draining. The employees are very difficult to work with which in turn makes management very uncompromising. The job has basically become just a “paycheck”......

Not worth the headache

It's not the worst place to work pay is ok but it's very job isn't very stable people are nice union isn't worth too much they will throw you on a line with no training and just expect you to be fast right away it really not worth the headache even tho it's a union job everybody makes different pay it's not a hard job but is very boring again it's not worth the headache

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carrier. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Carrier
  • Indianapolis, IN
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?