Carrier

Carrier Employee Reviews for Administrative Assistant

Administrative Assistant8 reviews

Found 8 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,228 reviews

Good company

Great job with decent benefits if you’re looking for assembly work. A diverse company also a union shop. As any job that has high demand products you are expected to work overtime during peak season and work slows down after peak season.

Corporate culture

There is no job security in this or any other large corporation. Individuality is not well accepted. The focus comes from the top with little concern for the administrative staff or process. As long as the stockholders are happy, which comes at the expense of the jobs at the administrative level. Outsourcing has become the norm.

Job security in question

Strong on compensation and benefits. Not so much on a long term career. Company uses old technology outside of the factory setting. Employee satisfaction was low when I decided to leave the position.

Easy going

I work through a temp service. Carrier seems pretty laid back considering the circumstances. Would like to become full-time with benefits. Manager is a great guy.

Pros

Great work enviornment

Cons

unsure of position status

Adminstrative assistant

A great company to work for, great salary, benefits, and advancement opportunities. I worked mostly on my own and handled the office more or less by myself. My boss stayed on the road as did the other managers. I ordered all supplies and took care of maintenance of all equipment with vendors. I like being in control and do what needs to be done without supervision.

Pros

nice offices

Cons

my boss would not let me take a full week vacation, had to break it up into long week-ends, said he could not do without me for a week

So many opportunities

I have learned so much on this job for I went from Accounts Receivable position to the Administrative Assistant. Some may see that as a demotion but not me I was given the same pay and was asked to move into the admin position for the company was having a hard time finding someone. I looked at this as a great experience because moving into this position helped me to learn every department within the company.

Pros

Advancement

Cons

That I had to relocated I loved everything about this job.

A company that promotes within

I had a great manager, someone I could relate too. This company paid 100% for higher education, regardless to what you return to school for.

Pros

i enjoyed working there.

Cons

no advance warning of a lay off

Teamwork is essential to be productive in the business. The company is very organized.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carrier. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Carrier
  • Administrative Assistant
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?