Carrier Employee Reviews for Mail Carrier

Mail Carrier26 reviews

Found 26 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,223 reviews

It’s an okay place

Lots of work very little pay and routed are unclear you don’t get miliage or any days off at all Over it’s pretty good place to work the pay is pretty good and it’s a pretty good experience and it has a good work environment

Good work place

Easy and fun just show up and make good money not to many days off but checks were always good and u can move up in company to other positions so it’s worth it

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Easy job to pick up; Great muscle building job

What I've learned from this job is that when people work together as a team, a lot of things can get done quicker. This job really emphasizes the idea of teamwork, and provides work that help enforce that idea.

great place to work

loved my job. best placed to work for my first little job. would recommend this job to anyone you would really have the time of your life with this job

Nice job for independent workers who don't mind working 365 days a year for years at a time.

Meeting with Logistics for products and meeting delivery deadlines. Contacting customers to deal with any and all issues and to maintain customer satisfaction and loyalty. Most difficult part of the job was having to find replacement deliverers. The result of which was working years without time off...including weekends and holidays.

Pros

Independent work

Cons

hours and days

Carrier

It was a decent job decent people, good money. Down fall was no time off and no benefits. But I would go back in a heart beat. Could work at your own pace

You work at your own pace

Not a Full Time position, Part Time only and must be on time. This allows you time to prepare your paper selects. Third Shift Job so working start time and ending will be early morning. Must have your own transportation and Insurance in your Name to work there.

Enjoyed being a postal carrier, working in a self-motivated position gave me the opprtunity to surpass my expectations by management.

I loved being a postal carrier, workigin a self-motivated position gave me the opprtunity to surpass my expectations by management. I learned how to manage my time, enjoyed dealing with the people in the community and my co-workers became like family.

Fun workplace

It was an enjoyable place to work. I learned to work with others and time management. I learned to work a cash register and to clean and maintain a proper work environment.

Pros

Free lunch

Great Job for a start

My most enjoyable part of the job is working on my own. I learned time management, responsibility, independence and organization. I was giving the opportunity to work in my neighborhood. I would continue working as a carrier if wages were increased, however i am greatly honored for this job opportunity.

Pros

Time

Cons

Salary

it was okay.

I really like being on my own outside the job i would deliver mail and parcels to the customers i learned how to carry three bundles of flats, letters, and news paper at one time while delivering parcels also i think management could be a little better but that's the job.I most enjoyed that it's nobody on your back they trust you to do what your suppose to do while out in the streets.

I'm my own boss

Work early morning hours. Most of the time there's very little traffic to contend with during deliveries. Great to be finished before sunrise. However, there are no days off unless you can find someone to pay to deliver the route. There are no insurance (health, life, dental, etc.) benefits.

Pros

Early hours, own boss

Cons

No days off, no vacation time, no benefits

Okay Experience

Dead end work. No opportunity for advancement. Work 7 days a week over night was a must, and no flexibility for vacations, or any type of time off. Overall not a great experience.

Pros

Extra money

Cons

Terrible Hours

I loved this job

Working the USPS was an amazing experience I feel fortunate to have had. I was able to work in two different crafts. I started out doing data entry. When our facility was unable to expand to handle the keying load required we were offered an opportunity to apply for other positions within the USPS. I applied to be a letter carrier. I thoroughly enjoyed being a carrier. The entire process was enjoyable from casing the mail, to the delivery. You can't beat the fresh air and smiles.

Pros

Great pay, Great schedule, Great Job

Cons

Great people, fun for the hardworker.

Not all carriers are created equal. You're hired on a private contractor, obligated to fulfill a set duty unless otherwise advised. No days off, and if you want any, it's your responsibility to find your temporary replacement. All vehicle repairs are out of pocket as well, as there is no compensation for things like that

Pros

Money

Cons

You spend your own money to buy necessities for the job.

Carrier

I was always happy to go to work despite the hours. I always got my job done in a timely matter. My employer and co-workers were always friendly even when morning were fast paced.

delivering papers

delivering papers for the citizen this was a great job to work at very friendly and very helpful when needed. Made working there so much fun.

Pros

good reviews and rewards

Cons

was my first job was odd but fun

I started at marshell funeral home at 14 was my first job and a good job very easy work and ok pay for a young teen manage was a very nice guy

Pros

free food get paid weekly

Cons

worked outside any wheater

Ok workplace

At this job you only had to work 2-3 hr a day, never a day off no matter the weather. Upside to working there is having more time to spend with your family.

Pros

only working 2-3 hrs a day

Cons

no days off, working early in the morning

delivered newspapers... what can i say

Taught me how to rise every morning at same time and work before school.

Pros

had money in highschool

Cons

was very low pay for 5 am rise everyday

Carrier

I liked this job mostly because I love talking to people and this was customer based. A typical day at work consisted of me being dropped off to a location and getting people to support local Ontario farmers at no cost or obligation. The hardest part of this job was going from school at pm to 10 pm 5 days a week.

Pros

money

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carrier. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Carrier