Cathay Pacific
Cathay Pacific Employee Review

Enjoyable and fun

January 13, 2017
There's never a typical day doing this job. I had to always prepare myself for the unexpected every time. Working with many different nationalities in various circumstances has given my people skill a solid strength. Traveling around the world has given me knowledge of cultures and places and has made me more socially aware. Working with limited resources has improved my creativity and a more efficient problem solving skill. I thoroughly enjoyed the traveling and meeting new people as part of the job.
Pros
traveling and meeting new people
Cons
jetlags
April 21, 2021
CPT1 (Former Employee) - Hong Kong
Was good as a new pilot starting out, sad to see the ways it's gone. Happy to have gone glad I have left. with the current status of HK, I would suggest staying in your country.
Pros
Hong Kong Freinds
Cons
Working for CX
April 21, 2021
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) - inflight
The culture, salary, work load, lifestyle of this job have become more and more discouraging over the past decade. With covid hitting hard on the aviation industry, salary level is at rock bottom comparing to regular F&B or CS jobs. The insufficient manpower per flight means you'll be responsible for the work load of multiple categories staff, while the wage of new joiners is far from enough for local rent. The job didn't pay well before, but I was there for the travelling experience, which was also made impossible these days.
November 4, 2020
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) - 飛機上
高層做錯決定,前線承受公司面對困境,高層只減薪一年,前線永久減薪醫療福利越做越差外站津貼越來越少,酒店 downgrade Stay日數不斷縮短
Pros
Staff ticket (未必上到機)
Cons
太多