Cathay Pacific logo
Cathay Pacific

Cathay Pacific Employee Reviews

Work-Life Balance

Fun place to work

Cathay pacific is a great company. Very diverse work environment. As you get to work with different people, you will gain polished interpersonal skills.

Pros

Flying benefit

Cons

Irregular hour

Never had better than CX

Multicultural, learning, well paid with good career prospects. Only in a downfall due to covid28yrs best of my lifr career, family atmosphere at HKIA. P-Fund.. 👍👍

Pros

Roster /meal/overnite allowances

Satisfying and rewarding career

The best job and company to work for. Like family atmosphere . Very rewarding career . Everyday at work is different. You get to meet different people and go to different places.

Pros

Travel, allowances

Cons

Away from home

Great Friends and loads for opportunities at the time.

Was good as a new pilot starting out, sad to see the ways it's gone. Happy to have gone glad I have left. with the current status of HK, I would suggest staying in your country.

Pros

Hong Kong Freinds

Cons

Working for CX

Not recommended

The culture, salary, work load, lifestyle of this job have become more and more discouraging over the past decade. With covid hitting hard on the aviation industry, salary level is at rock bottom comparing to regular F&B or CS jobs. The insufficient manpower per flight means you'll be responsible for the work load of multiple categories staff, while the wage of new joiners is far from enough for local rent. The job didn't pay well before, but I was there for the travelling experience, which was also made impossible these days.

Productive and relaxing

I like to work in Cathay Pacific Airways as I like it’s working environment and I like to work with my teammates to fulfill the tasks , I like the job because it’s very challenging

Pros

Relax

Cons

Work shift duty

Fun workplace

I was contractual, my agency assigned me to Cathay Pacific. I learn a lot during my time at Cathay Pacific, I love my work, that I'm hoping someday they will absorb me and I'm happy helping with my team and other employees.

Susceptible to Covid-19 situation

Due to Covid everything is affected like leaves and pay. The future is very uncertain, if the Covid situation does not improve, the future here looks very bleak.

High-quality excellent high standard customer service

-Excellent customers service -High standards customers service training -Excellent teamwork skills -Good management system -Ensured the delivery of excellent customer service when assisting customers in a professional and efficient manner

Pros

Cheap Flight tickets, good medical insurance coverage

Lovely Environment

I was being taken care of when I worked there, everyone was really welcoming and kind. I looked forward to work everyday, sadly can’t work there now due to COVID :( I really missed the people there. Although the pay wasn’t that high, the company and experience I had there made it worth it!

Jobs at Cathay Pacific

See more jobs

Productive and Fun worlplace

I've learned a lot from Cathay Pacific as they support me to enrolled for some advanced personality development course as well as leadership training, which I can used and applied on my next job as a Senior Marketing and Operations Manager at Forwarding/Logistics company ( Express Airfreight Movers)

Pros

They provide meal and transpo allowance

不平等條約

高層做錯決定,前線承受公司面對困境,高層只減薪一年,前線永久減薪醫療福利越做越差外站津貼越來越少,酒店 downgrade Stay日數不斷縮短

Pros

Staff ticket (未必上到機)

Cons

太多

Biased managers and blaming culture

Cathay Pacific is an exceptional Airline( if you are a customer ) that promotes Great Customer service .I mat some incredible people working there and made some friends for life . They are Incredibly strict , not everybody got fair chances to progress plus they implement constant disciplinaries for everything and blaming culture.Every supervisor is afraid of the next one up and when something goes wrong everybody is quick to shift the blame.Overtime wasn't well paid and you are expected to do it due to the nature of the job.Many people got promoted because friendly with management but they had no idea on how to manage people at all and would often go against procedures to please customers but then they would force you to follow procedures ( to look good with customers themselves).Overall not worth joining now as things have changed and not many benefits left ....... just stress

Pros

Used to get discounted tickets

Cons

Biased Managers, bullying, blaming culture, high turnover of staff

Employment contracts are regularly discarded and generally worthless

You will become a liability to this company the longer you stay as they are one of the few airlines that do not use a seniority based redundancy system. They prefer to discard employees who have worked tirelessly and performed exceptionally once they advance so that costs are kept low. Promised salaries and work conditions are arbitrarily and illegally changed by forcing employees to accept poorer terms or else face (legal) dismissal. Current practice is to pay a fluctuating hourly wage that can be changed at any time, which is based on productivity. Due to being massively over-staffed a fair monthly income can never be achieved. Their headquarters are located in the world's most expensive city for expats, a city that has poor labour protections, poor freedoms and tiny and extremely expensive housing. They often seek to divide different employee groups and create conflict so that infighting distracts from the reductions to pay and benefits. They enforce a ban on free speech imposed by the government. Expressing an opinion, even if respectful can get you fired.

Pros

They hire people that are easy to work with

Cons

Dishonest managment, no job security even for high performing staff

Cathay Pacific Airways is a Professional Company

Cathay Pacific Airways is a professional company with many learning opportunities and talented people working there. I enjoyed being a flight purser, they provided us flexibility life working style, given me lots of opportunities to meet people in different nationalities, it a advanced customer service job. I’m sure it would be benefit to my future job career.

Pros

Good interpersonal Skill, Excellent Customer Service, Great Teamwork Spirit, International perspective

Cons

Jet lag and Insomnia

Very stressful

Working at Cathay pacific was very stressful. When u needed help from supervisors u never got it I was tolded to handle situations myself but when they went on social media I was blamed for not asking supervisors for help. Double standards. Management expected me to be at 2 different places at once. I haven't work for a bad Management company like this one in my whole life. Also they would talk in their language right in front of me about me, which is not acceptable.

Pros

Uniform.

Cons

Long hours. Not long enough break. Low pay.

How do people get these upper management jobs?

I was management, so it was great. But the management above me were terrible. Favortism. Bullying. Treated staff poorly, but less when I was there, I would not stand for that. Their "coaching" skills are lacking Big Time. All the staff complained to me daily on how they were poorly treated. And I was witness to it as well.

Pros

Working at the airport.

Cons

Upper Management.

Cheap

The company is cheap and there is no opportunity for growth. The annual raises do not even cover inflation. You get mostly a flexible schedule and start with 3 weeks of vacation so that was nice.

Work Life Balance

Great workplace there Travel anytime when you have holiday, even just two days Inexpensive flight ticket fare Causal wear during weekend and Thur, Fri Work Life Balance

Pros

Inexpensive ticket and Free flight ticket

Cons

Overnight shift

Very hectic,and demanding

Always prepared to be disturb beyond off hour.You need to be on your toe all the time, socialising is part of company requirement,you will be held up withth event beyond office hour.

Pros

13th month pay, lots of team activity.

工作文化