Cathay Pacific logo
Cathay Pacific

Cathay Pacific Employee Reviews

Fun place to work

Cathay pacific is a great company. Very diverse work environment. As you get to work with different people, you will gain polished interpersonal skills.

Pros

Flying benefit

Cons

Irregular hour

Fun workplace

It's a part-time job. Everyday you need to do is to check in the customers. you have to check their travel documents to make sure they are ready to fly. Also, you have to check in their baggage and ask the safety questions. Everything is about safety. When you have questions which you don't know, the supervisors and the managers will help you to solve and explain to you that what you need to do next time. There are few agents but a lot of customers. Therefore, you need to check in fast so it don't make the customers wait for a long time. I enjoyed doing this job because I can face different people and problems everyday. It makes me not afraid of facing people.

Chaos

I was called for an interview only later to know that it was just a formality. Not selected even after knowing thier systems and having experience. Cx is hopeless

Everyday is a learning process & enjoyable

A typical day at work before flight will conduct briefing and remind the teammates, company expectations and any special requirements for the flight regarding with special meals, card members and passenger who need special assistants during the flight. Through the years I have learned to be positive, and open to any suggestion given by our teammates regardless what rank they were in my team. Coach any teammates and offer help when needed without being asked. Working with different nationalities always a challenge and always be polite and respect others. The hardest part of the job when dealing with unhappy passenger and I always tried my best to rectified the problem within my capabilities. The most enjoyable part of the job when passengers came to you and said thank you for the flight and you know your teammates had delivered "Service from the Heart. As a manager of the flight I believe my teammates do not work for me but with me to give our passengers the best service they deserves when flying with us.

Pros

Good travel benefits, working with different teammates daily

Cons

At time long hours

Productive and teamwork environment

It was a grateful experience to be part of the Cathay Pacific Cargo team, and I really learned a lot from them. I learned how to deal with different types of people and to work under pressure. We have a happy environment and we work as a family, the hardest part of the job is to handle delayed flights and to assists our clients concerns but after that we are very thankful that we survived and finish our task and responsibilities.

Pros

free breakfast

Getting worse

low Salary slow job promotion everything is cutting and lack of sense of belongings as you work longer there among flight attendants colleague is good but management people keep changing.

Pros

lifestyle and traveling

Cons

low salary and some people at office are old school especially Inflight Services Department

End of Outport Bases

Management is no longer moving forward with outport basing and results in the halt of any advancements with no positive future for crews. Multiple plans to close basing and will result in losing jobs. Outport bases are on high risk to close down. Company is no longer making money not due to competition but to management decisions on product purchases.

Pros

Life Style

Cons

Progression

A friendly place to work for. They do have state-of-art management technology and the question is not just to survive but to get better. Challenging i

A friendly place to work with. As management, the hardest part is to maintain current standard and ti continuously seek for improvement, just as to be competitive in the industry.

Great brand to represent

Interacting with people is the best part of this role, and brand recognised by the trade ensures the business discussions to progress with created opportunities.

Pros

Excellent travel benefits extended to family members

Cons

Career advancement is a long wait

productive company and fun to work with different nationalities

Nice environment to work with different nationality and they have good working hours shifting and they will provide every training you need and mostly managers is easy to work with..

Jobs at Cathay Pacific

See more jobs

I love to work my term.

I can say I love this job and love to work with my term... The management is great. Sometime I want to go home earlier because every day work to 3 am in the other day, but the workplace culture has a meeting in start and the end of this night time shift. I strong to agree this Management to remind us be a great people to work for a great company. Especially, I love the Filipino work hard and knowledgeable with them work. They very nice to teaching new coworker, as me when I beginning to work Cathay Pacific front desk.

Pros

more uniform as long stockings

Cons

short break

Tof

Leuk, zeer leuk, wijs kan je ook zeggen of prachtig.

唐人管理文化

都係睇老闆做人啦,彈性上班既野,睇下你跟個咩老闆啦,公司講一套,你老闆唔跟都冇辦法。。。。。。。。。

Cons

壓力大

Productive and great experience with the customers from all over the world.

In Cathay Pacific, their value is wealth traveled. I started with working as an check in agent. And now I am the bagroom coordinator. I've learned that how to deal with the problems with passengers when our flight was canceled, or delayed. When I work at arrival, it's important to greet our passengers with a big smile when they walk out the aircraft.

Challenging and fun environment.

I don't intend to leave the company but i live in West Covina which is far from my working place. I love my company and the management as the are fair enough and the hours are flexible too. It might be challenging but it is a fun environment over all.

Exciting & Fun

Very interesting job, had the chance to go around the world and meet different people from everywhere, get to know different cultures and l have learned how to be clam when something bad happened and need to be patient with people who need my help.

Pros

Can go around the world

Cons

Jet lagged

Premium airline

Cathay Pacific is a great company based in Hong Kong, providing excellent flying experiences to travelings around the world. Starting from the check in to lounge, moving on to the inflight food and beverage/ inflight entertainment, CX is one of the best airline in the world. The cabin crews are super nice and friendly , always seeking out helping the passengers to enjoy the flight throughout the flight.

Pros

Great connecting time

Cons

expensive tickets

Senior Purser

Best thing i ever did in my life. Its hard work to do only long haul flights but over the years, it becomes easier. The money was not great for US base crew but i didn't do it for the money but for the life style

Less salary and poor management

Salary- Minimum pay, more skills won’t get more pay Benefits - 90% destinations for staff air ticket, standard pension, medical and dental, parking fees needs to pay half of it from your pay slip Working hour - about 20 hours per week, 8 hours more a day will have overtime Working environment - many senior staffs who have more benefits, somtimes are unfair, fast pace working environment that needs to think and work fast and solve problem by your self sometimes, barely chance to get higher position and more salary Management - messy and unorganized, sometimes staffs don’t know what to do. Management also barely listen your opinions just do what they think is right.

Pros

Staff ticket 90% destinations cover

Cons

Less chance to get higher position and more salary

Free and fun working environment

Cathay Pacific Airways is a good company. It always encourages the employees from all levels to provide feedbacks on how to improve the company. In addition, it also provide a lot of trainings and development classes to employees.

Pros

Meals are provided

Cons

Shift

Learn on your own

Duty: Provide engineering maintenance service for the building Scheme A Training: organisation & planning to be improved
  • Cathay Pacific