Cathay Pacific logo
Cathay Pacific

Cathay Pacific Employee Reviews in Vancouver, BC

How do people get these upper management jobs?

I was management, so it was great. But the management above me were terrible. Favortism. Bullying. Treated staff poorly, but less when I was there, I would not stand for that. Their "coaching" skills are lacking Big Time. All the staff complained to me daily on how they were poorly treated. And I was witness to it as well.

Pros

Working at the airport.

Cons

Upper Management.

Nil

Very nice company to work for and very nice atmosphere. Good to see the world and enjoy working with Cathay Pacific. Management is awesome always look after there staff.

Amazing life experience

You will be able to travel the world and experience new cultures and people . Be sure to keep your grooming up to standards at all times. The culture can be difficult to understand but it’s a job and as long as your work ethnic is

Very diverse. Nice and respectful of others.

Fast paced. Learn to multi task. Patient supervisors. Every minute matters. Very stationary as you stay in your area the whole day except breaks. Nice people.

Love my job

I have been with this Company for 30 yrs and have loved every minute of it.I have had great training opportunities and have travelled the world extensively.My service skills and customer service is second to none.

Fun Place to work

Ups and down on daily basis. I learn a lot about airports and immigrations. Management is ok but with the new manager, its a little messy. I would say its a mixture of Canadian culture and Asian culture, mostly asian culture for the fact that Cathay Pacific is a Hong Kong base company. Shift trading is usually the easiest thing for part time but now its hard. I enjoy meeting new and different people every day. Life at the airport is never dull and of course the best things and why I'm holding on to this job is free flight everywhere.

Pros

90 percent off to all flights everywhere.

Cons

Part time and minimum wages

I really enjoy the people and the experience being a Cabin Crew

I enjoyed my time working for Cathay Pacific Airline. I have learned a lot and enjoyed everyone I have met through my career as a cabin crew. I have met a lot of new friends through my years of working and had a lot of ups and downs just like any other job

Pros

Always ever changing atmosphere

Cons

Lots of time away from family

employee structure

Cathay Pacific was a wonderful company to work for that took care of it's employees. Being a Hong Kong based company there was not a lot of opportunity for advancement but they kep the job interesting in Vancouver.

Pros

Great job stability

Excellent place to work but limited routes

Our routes for Vancouver Base Crew is only Hong Kong and New York. You'll learn different passenger profile and your colleagues too. Since the Base is small, there are unavoidable conflicts and gossips that circles around the base, which makes it bad and most people quit because of toxic work place (not all the time, only 10% of your flight). You know, there will always be angry, and bitter people who only wants to put you down but 90% of your colleagues are great and supportive. If you really love flying, giving excellent customer service and doesn't get affected with negative colleagues, this might be the best job for you!
  • Cathay Pacific