Cathay Pacific logo
Cathay Pacific

Cathay Pacific Employee Reviews in San Francisco, CA

relax place to work, meeting with fun people, travel benefits, good 401k options

love the people and the work style, but you will be away from home most of the time, good for people likes to travel and explore the world, may not be suitable for family oriented person.

Cheap

The company is cheap and there is no opportunity for growth. The annual raises do not even cover inflation. You get mostly a flexible schedule and start with 3 weeks of vacation so that was nice.

Senior Purser

Best thing i ever did in my life. Its hard work to do only long haul flights but over the years, it becomes easier. The money was not great for US base crew but i didn't do it for the money but for the life style

Fun environment to work in

Be prepared to assimilate to Chinese culture as most if not all staff members speak Chinese constantly. There's healthcare benefit even for part-time employees, which is rare to find.

Good

It is a difficult job if you wanted a normal family life. It is not your typical monday thru friday job. You get to have so many adventures. Definitely if you love Hong Kong or Asia itself. It is a perfect job for you to travel around the area or be with family members in the area.

It was fun working with agents.

I liked that when I worked there, most agents get along. That's why when I have a chance, I'd like to go back there. But the down part is, I don't like the management, how it handles everything -filing a report, insurance, anything. it takes a really long time for them to process something. PLUS, the pay check wasn't so much worth the time and energy. But I think they already changed the system. So I hope it is better now.

Pros

Fun

Cons

Short breaks, Management.

Very Challenging

Being a Flight Attendant with Cathay Pacific Airways, was one of the hardest jobs I had. It was physically and mentally exhausting at the beginning, due to the long hours. On a typical work day, I worked the red eye, late flight from San Francisco to Hong Kong and served mostly Chinese and Indian passengers. The hardest part was being a white person working for a Asian airlines. The culture differences were very big! The most enjoyable part was working as a team and making friends that became like family.

Pros

free flights, benefits

Cons

long hours, physically exhausting

fun workplace, bad hours

Fun place to work if you're interested in airlines. Cool experience seeing and interacting with people traveling from all over the world. Management was mostly good, but definitely see favoring happening within the crew.

• Cathay Pacific