Cathay Pacific logo
Cathay Pacific

Cathay Pacific Employee Reviews for Cargo Agent

Productive and teamwork environment

It was a grateful experience to be part of the Cathay Pacific Cargo team, and I really learned a lot from them. I learned how to deal with different types of people and to work under pressure. We have a happy environment and we work as a family, the hardest part of the job is to handle delayed flights and to assists our clients concerns but after that we are very thankful that we survived and finish our task and responsibilities.

Pros

free breakfast

Productive and Good Work Environment

LAX Team is a family that works hand and hand, team players. Safety is the major priority and making sure that operation are well taken care off. Everyday is a learning process.

productive and fun working place and alot to learn

As worked with the airline i have learnt a lot from he airlines with regards to on time performance and various procedures of loading and offloading of the aircraft, and also safety of the aircraft

Productive and fun work place

I am assisting the cargo agents in compiling, checking, accepting, computing the files and requirements the forwarding companies are giving. I have learned how sensitive this work is. I learned that I must always check or be sure before giving decisions because it may affect other things. The management are nice and kind even from the staffs of lowest positions to the highest. People from this company is very welcoming and friendly. The hardest part of my job here is when we forgot to attach the needed requirements because it may cause delay of the flight but what I like the most in this job is the fact that this airline is known as the #1 airline in the world in 2014 and also the people in it, the job is maybe hard but still you are enjoying what you are doing and for me that is the real essence of working.

Pros

Free food (Occasionally)

Cons

The location

A great company

This was my stepping stone into the aviation industry. A fantastic company to work for.

good

all day jolly customer service positive minded well knowledge shift involving

Pros

bonus

Cons

work environment

productive and fun

managing skills fun place to work job culture is good job security involving in all works

Pros

free lunches

High-energy , fast-paced work environment

Not your typical 9-5, Monday to Friday office job. At the frontline on airline ground operations; always ever changing that requires high-energy and quick thinking individual to work here. Although the overnight and weekend shifts can be hard, it is a fun place to work with good job security, and most important of all - travel benefits.

productive

My main responsibility in this position is to plan cargo on Cathay Pacific flights and also organise the logistics involved around it, such as trucking and other requirements for interline shipments. Every day this responsibility has helped me enhance my planning and organising skills.I am also responsible to effectively communicate critical and accurate information in relation to the revenue we generate to the revenue department for all export shipments. Also since I confirm the booking to the customer based on how we will load cargo on the flight same has to be relayed to the operation department to load accordingly avoid any cargo offload specially for odd dimension cargo. The feedback from clients and market information is updated to my supervisors on daily basis so that they can work on the monthly targets..

Pros

good working enviroment

Cons

employed as gsa staff

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Cathay Pacific?