Cathay Pacific

Cathay Pacific Employee Reviews for Flight Attendant

Cathay Pacific Airways is a professional company with many learning opportunities and talented people working there. I enjoyed being a flight purser, they provided us flexibility life working style, given me lots of opportunities to meet people in different nationalities, it a advanced customer service job. I’m sure it would be benefit to my future job career.
Pros
Good interpersonal Skill, Excellent Customer Service, Great Teamwork Spirit, International perspective
Cons
Jet lag and Insomnia
高層做錯決定,前線承受公司面對困境,高層只減薪一年,前線永久減薪醫療福利越做越差外站津貼越來越少,酒店 downgrade Stay日數不斷縮短
Pros
Staff ticket (未必上到機)
Cons
太多
在國泰航空裏仼職機艙服務員很講求團隊合作,因此良好溝通技巧非常重要。否則容易產生誤會,影響工作效率。
Great experience to work with multinational set of crew world wide give you an opportunity to gain more knowledge and understand of different cultures and life style
A job for people who like to smile and travel. Besides the travel benefits, You can learn a lot about airline industry, people and customer services.
*Requires patience in dealing with unexpected issues that may arise onboard and on ground *Work - Life balance is well kept *Management is efficient in assisting personnel *The brain gets idle on the long run. Travelling is enjoyable at the first few years. As time passes, you will seek a much more stimulating, challenging and intellectually engaging occupation.
Great working environment and culture. They provide excellent training for safety as well as customer service It was a great experience as I get to learn more about different cultures, nationalities, and I was able to visit many places for the first time.
As a flight attendant, I meet passengers from all walks of life. It is exciting but irregular sleeping pattern also drains you. Flight sometimes could be challenging, but colleagues are generally helpful and supportive.
Pros
Travel to the world
Cons
Health
Interesting work. Able to meet people with different cultures. Sad to say that management is bad. They only think about cutting costs which make the working environment worse.
low Salary slow job promotion everything is cutting and lack of sense of belongings as you work longer there among flight attendants colleague is good but management people keep changing.
Pros
lifestyle and traveling
Cons
low salary and some people at office are old school especially Inflight Services Department
Cathay Pacific is a great company based in Hong Kong, providing excellent flying experiences to travelings around the world. Starting from the check in to lounge, moving on to the inflight food and beverage/ inflight entertainment, CX is one of the best airline in the world. The cabin crews are super nice and friendly , always seeking out helping the passengers to enjoy the flight throughout the flight.
Pros
Great connecting time
Cons
expensive tickets
Great company to work as they are very organisation. Work with asian culture but open to all the cultures. Working with different nationality. great work place.
I love the multicultural community that Cathay Pacific has. Starting from more than ten nationalities of the flight attendants that the company hires, we learned how to blend in and respect other cultures from the first day of the training. Living in Hong Kong was also a fun and learning experience, as well as the great opportunity to see the world while working. As a young graduate from college, the company had helped to shape me up with a good discipline, systematic work and service mind.
Pros
a great opportunity to see the world
Cons
hard to keep up with long-project schedule, (e.g. persuing higher education while working)
cx is good company work. CX cabin crew has Union and people take care of each other. but now it's going down hill... layover at outport is getting too short or they are removing.. Money is everything now than service..
Pros
Great work-life balance, work culture
Cons
going down hill....
my job is excellent and wonderful and my dream job. my company is a great employer . i enjoy my job and travel around the world. meet different people.
Pros
travel benefit
I am happy to work in cathay pacific,,, I enjoyed working with diverse crew members and I think cathay pacific was very good company. I really want to work in USA now..
No flight is identical and every flight is a learning process to me. I have to not only be able to conduct stringent safety procedures but also deliver inflight service according to the company's standard. As a flight attendant I learned to respect passengers from different cultural backgrounds. I get to work with colleagues of different nationalities too. When we have layovers out of Hong Kong, we get the chance to experience different local cultures and widen our horizons. The hardest part of this job I guess is to cope with jetlag. Therefore, healthy eating and working out is essential.
Pros
Opportunities of exploring the world.
Cons
Fatigue and body clock adjustments.
I gain lots of customer service experience from this job, I have met lots of nice co-workers and different passengers from different countries and nationality. I love the job nature and culture, it allows me to learn a lot of different culture and different way of service languages.
Pros
Travel the world
Cons
crazy sleeping and eating patterns
I was very happy that I could work with this company in the past
- good place to build team spirit - great colleagues - encounter different colleagues and customers every flight - management who doesn't understand in-flight environment
Pros
get to travel a lot
Cons
benefits becoming worse
good experience with cathay. i would recommend it shorty as an experience. you get to travel a bit and see the world but dont get too comfortable and stay too long