Cathay Pacific logo
Cathay Pacific

Cathay Pacific Employee Reviews for Passenger Service Agent

Awesome place to work

All of the staffs helpful..lots of things to learn..miss the aircrafts... I'm proud to wear the uniform...get to know other stations staffs..till today I always admire the brush of Cathay Pacific logo

Pros

Lots of apportunity travel for courses

Cons

Shifts

Biased managers and blaming culture

Cathay Pacific is an exceptional Airline( if you are a customer ) that promotes Great Customer service .I mat some incredible people working there and made some friends for life . They are Incredibly strict , not everybody got fair chances to progress plus they implement constant disciplinaries for everything and blaming culture.Every supervisor is afraid of the next one up and when something goes wrong everybody is quick to shift the blame.Overtime wasn't well paid and you are expected to do it due to the nature of the job.Many people got promoted because friendly with management but they had no idea on how to manage people at all and would often go against procedures to please customers but then they would force you to follow procedures ( to look good with customers themselves).Overall not worth joining now as things have changed and not many benefits left ....... just stress

Pros

Used to get discounted tickets

Cons

Biased Managers, bullying, blaming culture, high turnover of staff

I love to work my term.

I can say I love this job and love to work with my term... The management is great. Sometime I want to go home earlier because every day work to 3 am in the other day, but the workplace culture has a meeting in start and the end of this night time shift. I strong to agree this Management to remind us be a great people to work for a great company. Especially, I love the Filipino work hard and knowledgeable with them work. They very nice to teaching new coworker, as me when I beginning to work Cathay Pacific front desk.

Pros

more uniform as long stockings

Cons

short break

productive and friendly enironment

Working with Cathay Pacific Airways was a great a experience for me because I learn a lot about airline and aviation work. It was indeed a most memorable work I have encounter so far.

Terrible

Managers sucked selfish and dont care for you immature if you are not asian you dont fit in you do things on your own no one helps rude ppl all around and very low pay for such rich company only good thing coworkers made it fun but not the passengers

Pros

Cons

Everythinh

Every working day

With my previews work, I really learned a lot from them. Everyday for me is always a learning process since we will not experience the same thing the day before. Our supervisor is always assisting use whenever we have problem with work as well as to the difficult passenger.

It was fun working with agents.

I liked that when I worked there, most agents get along. That's why when I have a chance, I'd like to go back there. But the down part is, I don't like the management, how it handles everything -filing a report, insurance, anything. it takes a really long time for them to process something. PLUS, the pay check wasn't so much worth the time and energy. But I think they already changed the system. So I hope it is better now.

Pros

Fun

Cons

Short breaks, Management.

Its a good place to work if you do not have prior airport experience.

Its an airport job. If one does not have any experience in the airport field it is a good stepping stone. The hardest part of the job is the hours because if you work the a.m. shift the hours are around 5 or 6 a.m. If you happen to work the night shift you may sometimes leave @ 2 o'clock in the morning.

fun workplace, bad hours

Fun place to work if you're interested in airlines. Cool experience seeing and interacting with people traveling from all over the world. Management was mostly good, but definitely see favoring happening within the crew.

Good Company

I love working with Cathay Pacific Airways because of good colleagues and the working environment is very helpful to my knowledge

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Cathay Pacific?

Airport Life

Working at the airport was very challenging. It starts when the passenger approach us to our check in counters, then greet them with smile then checking their travel documents and doing security questions, and tagging their luggage to their final destination. Some passengers telling us what they feel when they're going to travel. Some of them doesn't want to leave, some feel excited and some our very anxious because its their first time. We just give them advise for them to relax and foe them to feel that they are not alone. In Cathay Pacific, we do our business Service Straight from the Heart. This is out banner to give the best quality of service to the passenger. About my co-workers, we treat each other as family. In times that the flight was disrupted, we push each others back not to give up. Even though we are tired, we always end up smiling and celebrating because we finish the flight and we render service straight from the heart to each passenger that we handled. The hardest part of the job, is when there are irate and unruly passengers. Sometime we get harassed by them but still we need to handle them professionally. Even though them flight was disrupted, as long as the passengers behave accordingly we can still managed everything. In Manila, we used to handle flight delays because of the air traffic congestion. The most enjoyable part of the job, is when the flight was open and we dispatch the flight on time.

Pros

Free lunch and overtime pays

Cons

Unused breaks and health issues

Good

The company is good. The management cares about their employee. Good benefits, such as flight benefits and holidays vacation.

Pros

flight benefits

Cons

lower pay rate

Fun and busy working environment

Busy working environment at Heathrow Airport. Every day is different with different changes. Variety of different duties.

Pros

concessions

Cons

shift work

Fun, Unique and Happy Workplace

I assist passengers with their reservations and booking through phone or personal visit. I learned different systems and be able to communicate well with people. I love how the direct staffs thinking of us as a family and how they getting along well with us. my co-workers are one of the best co-workers that I had and we consider ourselves brothers and sisters. The hardest part of the job is when they are disruptions but the most enjoyable part is through anything we help each other to give passengers what they need and to make them satisfied.

Productive and always learning something new everyday

Depending on the role for the day, could be sat at check in and accepting passengers onto flights. Otherwise flight controlling which is very exciting and where you learn something new every day

Pros

Variety of job role

Cons

Management (Racism)

A good workplace with good work

A fun and everyday interaction with passengers, practices my communication skills. Doing Passenger service agent from check-in counter up to boarding gate.

Benefits

Cons

low salary